Ads

Patch Notes 05/11/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
BrutalWyrm

Re: Patch Notes 05/11/2020

Post#211 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:19 pm

Charon wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:29 pm
BrutalWyrm wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:23 pm As Chosen being pretty much my only leveled class, I'm curious to see how the change pans out, but at a glance it feels like it's too high of a debuff. time and testing will tell what the best number ought to be, though it seems tricky to find a good middleground since it can be cleansed.
only on paper ... in real fight you can not even with aoe cleanse and ww up ...your dps will get it right after next attack. Is like juggernout/snear cleanse use in the middle of am/shamie paddle.
I guess. I used the 10% crit reduction tactic before with futile strikes so I rarely ever get crit to proc this new tactic in the first place, so on a flip side, on paper it seems OP but it really needs actual testing to see a good middleground. I do agree the base value is high though. the chosens that'll be proccing this often will be the 2h chosens that didnt tank in the first place and the ones who didnt invest in crit chance reduction.

Ads
forsa

Post#212 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:30 pm

Kaelang wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:17 pm
Tyrex2017 wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:42 pm I dont post often but this one is a game breaker in my book : -25% crit from chosen? no need to get data : average crit chance is around 30% ; - 25%. Basically, it means no more crit from orders. Game breaker here. It s commun sense, no need data.
As previously highlighted within this thread, we're aware the change has been received by the wider community as 'too much'. Also previously highlighted in this thread, and further discussed on our Discord server, we will be monitoring the reactions to the current change, as always, throughout the week.
Translate:
All relog to lvl destro toons (pref chosen, as there is not enough of them) till further notice.
Ty.

Skullgrin

Post#213 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:31 pm

kmark101 wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:01 pm
Skullgrin wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:51 pm Now these are the types of changes I like to see - ones where everyone loses it, claims that the game is completely broken, and that nothing will ever be the same! Of course eventually the changes will be tested then adjusted and everything will get boring again for a while, but until then what fun! Great job Devs!
You really need to "test" and "see data" that +45 free renown points for one of the factions is not a good and balanced thing?

No, what I 'need' is to see everyone lose it over something that in the long run is fairly trivial. It amuses me immensely every single time it happens, and it happens in this game about once every 3 months. If it is too powerful it will be changed in time. I just like watching everyone get all worked up. :P

Edit:

As an aside to other 2H Chosen, what do you all think of this build? spec-ing into The Corruption tree is fairly ridiculous when playing 2H, but in the current environment it might be worth it for the lulz. The only problem I see by doing it is that you lose pretty much all of your AoE abilities with the exception of Blast Wave. That and the fact that it would lower Touch of Palsy damage... And that you're playing kinda fast and loose by relying on Daemonclaw to get your toughness to a reasonable level... :D
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Qtpiii

Post#214 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:24 am

Just cleanse it or stop hitting tanks, then you don't need to worry about the debuff, git gud ordah!

vanbuinen77

Post#215 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:46 am

Skullgrin wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:31 pm
kmark101 wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:01 pm
Skullgrin wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:51 pm Now these are the types of changes I like to see - ones where everyone loses it, claims that the game is completely broken, and that nothing will ever be the same! Of course eventually the changes will be tested then adjusted and everything will get boring again for a while, but until then what fun! Great job Devs!
You really need to "test" and "see data" that +45 free renown points for one of the factions is not a good and balanced thing?

No, what I 'need' is to see everyone lose it over something that in the long run is fairly trivial. It amuses me immensely every single time it happens, and it happens in this game about once every 3 months. If it is too powerful it will be changed in time. I just like watching everyone get all worked up. :P

Edit:

As an aside to other 2H Chosen, what do you all think of this build? spec-ing into The Corruption tree is fairly ridiculous when playing 2H, but in the current environment it might be worth it for the lulz. The only problem I see by doing it is that you lose pretty much all of your AoE abilities with the exception of Blast Wave. That and the fact that it would lower Touch of Palsy damage... And that you're playing kinda fast and loose by relying on Daemonclaw to get your toughness to a reasonable level... :D

The build is fine, although i get the armor buff and -15% damage ability

Also warped flesh and rugged are still better to me then demonclaw or the soon to be nerfed crit proc tactic as they rely upon chance and are not up all the time.
Last edited by vanbuinen77 on Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Malificatium-Magus
Malificatiiium-Chosen
Malificatiium-Shaman

masagone2

Post#216 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:56 am

Qtpiii wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:24 am Just cleanse it or stop hitting tanks, then you don't need to worry about the debuff, git gud ordah!
lol! I don't even... you can't even... I don't even know what to say.

Hat

Post#217 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:20 am

The fact that you need "data", "feedback", to see if a -25% crit debuff is balanced when most endgame geared rr80 dps players are around the 30% crit chance mark is pretty baffling to say the least.

Who decided this needed to be a thing? Do they play the game at all? Was there ANY internal discussion about this tactic and an agreement that it will be balanced???? This makes about as much sense as the patch that reduced 2h tanks guard buff to 25% damage reduction...

Qtpiii

Post#218 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:23 am

Hat wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:20 am The fact that you need "data", "feedback", to see if a -25% crit debuff is balanced when most endgame geared rr80 dps players are around the 30% crit chance mark is pretty baffling to say the least.

Who decided this needed to be a thing? Do they play the game at all? Was there ANY internal discussion about this tactic and an agreement that it will be balanced???? This makes about as much sense as the patch that reduced 2h tanks guard buff to 25% damage reduction...
You can cleanse it.

You can completely avoid being debuffed by not attacking the Chosen.

Rather than adjust to a new game tactic just cry for nerf less than 24hours after its implementation. Quite pathetic really.

Git gud Ordah!
Last edited by Qtpiii on Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
dalen
Developer

Post#219 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:24 am

Hat wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:20 am The fact that you need "data", "feedback", to see if a -25% crit debuff is balanced when most endgame geared rr80 dps players are around the 30% crit chance mark is pretty baffling to say the least.

It will get completely reworked, don't worry.

But FYI, several classes have -20% or -25% single target crit debuffs and have had since launch.
Source Developer

masagone2

Post#220 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:37 am

Qtpiii wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:23 am

You can cleanse it.

You can completely avoid being debuffed by not attacking the Chosen.

Rather than adjust to a new game tactic just cry for nerf less than 24hours after its implementation. Quite pathetic really.

Git gud Ordah!
I don't see why you choose to argue the fact that this can be cleansed. When cleansing can we choose what gets cleansed? No... and with no ICD what's the point? the AoE slayer or other specs that suffer from this are just gonna hit him again. I rather it not be cleansed so I can rip off a DoT or a snare. It's not as easy as "Just dont hit the chosen or cleanse it." Get gud Orda? give this to KotBs and all the sudden it turns to Get gud destro.