Recent Topics

Ads

Stuttering every 2-3 seconds only when in a WB

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Aurandilaz

Re: Stuttering every 2-3 seconds only when in a WB

Post#21 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:01 pm

My own game got considerably worse when they removed some FPS limiter in october patch this year, before that I didn't have my game stutter and skip frames on regular intervals. I tried as well without any addons with a completely new profile, didn't make a difference. At the moment I'm only hoping they either revert that patch, or figure some way-around so that any scale of oRVR become playable without the stutter, again. I used to be able to play with all effects on, dozens of addons, while AOE bombing at frontline and recording at same time, a few years ago, now the stutter makes normal ORVR gameplay nightmarish.
Cities are bit less bad because less possible enemies around, but even there I notice the stuter, and worst of all, I have some stutter and frameskipping when doing dungeons.

Ads
Oglaf
Suspended

Post#22 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:12 pm

agemennon675 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:13 am This happens only when I enable MGremix addon
Nope, never used it and still have the classic Warband stutter.

Saligia

Post#23 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:45 pm

oaliaen wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:44 pm It happens whit 95% of the server population. Your game start to stutter after some time playing .. Its something related whit server RAM memory.
I know that issue and I also have that from time to time. But this is a separate issue and not related to the time you spend in the game. I clear the cache and reboot the game and join a wb while in IC and it starts sttutering. I leave the wb and stuttering disappears immediately.

grapefruit

Post#24 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:47 pm

Is it me or is there more stutters all of a sudden after latest patch?
Also while not in wb.
I was in grp for a bit and my frames kept bouncing every 2-3s stuttering.
Felt the same kind of stutter you get while in a wb but bit more severe.

oaliaen

Post#25 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:01 pm

Its 100% server related imo...even whit the video. Some ppl play whit worse stuttering..you should be glad :mrgreen:

lyncher12

Post#26 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:43 pm

I've had "random" freezes that last a few seconds where the game doesn't respond at all in city sieges. Haven't noticed it anywhere else. Don't know if its intentional by the enemy or just something related to like Slayers for example as I don't have a way of narrowing it down. I don't show incoming damage on WSCT or play with spell effects or anything of the sort.

Battlefield

Post#27 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:18 pm

I'm playing in ROR almost from the start when only t1 was and i can say on my opinion this slutter appeared in this year it seems to me at spring time (maybe it was february) after some update......
at least before 2020 did not have such issue !

grapefruit

Post#28 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:39 pm

I got msi afterburner with rivatuner statistics server to cap fps and have a overlay and since today i notice everytime there is a stutter/fps drop my cpu spikes to 60-80%.
I dont know what changed, on my end i didnt change annything but its weird af!

Ads
Dwarni

Post#29 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:18 pm

Do you use Windows Defender and did not add an exception for War-64 process?.

Of course, you should also add the process and/or folder to the whitelist of other antivirus programs. The client creates cached files and some antivirus scans them all the time which can impact performance.

Sponn
Suspended

Post#30 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:09 pm

I think it has to do with the server pinging users with the SOR data spam even though they don't have SOR.

Is there a way to disable incoming SOR spam? You can see it when you are on a ram.