Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Winry

Re: Patch Notes 25/12/2020

Post#131 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:01 pm

oaliaen wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:57 pm
Charon wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:48 pm
Winry wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:39 pm

Says the mara main.

Then give WL the same survivability and utility.
in maruder/msh place i would start to worry.....becouse wl/asw nerf might start a chain reaction.
I think you didnt get it ... they tweaked WL / aSW just cause of Maras and SH. i dont think they will be touched down anytime soon...
I think you didn't get it ... WL now compared to marauder is dead at least marauder has its utility and survivability.
pls, tell me what a slayer can't do better than a WL at this point not even worth bringing one to cities.

Ads
oaliaen

Post#132 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:14 pm

You know they decide things based on a consensus right ? They never do individual things .. im sure they had many conversations about which class should have the aoe armor debuff and why it should have and how it should be.

VindicoAtrum

Post#133 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:22 pm

Nadril21 wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:12 am
Glorian wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:23 am
wonshot wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:02 pm
Spoiler:
I dont know the histroy of which places have been limmited by barriers in the past for you guys, but the way I read that line of patchnotes. It seem like the keyword is "Battle objective" if the snipersquad is up on a mountain hill on a supply route, a random stone in the orvr lake, or on a building that is not connected to an objective I wouldnt think there was an issue with it. But when you can get a hight advantage by climbing nearby terrein and then cover an orvr objective that is not supposed to have a built in terrein advantage, i guess it counts as "illegal areas"

For example if a BO has a crypt gate, a brewery door or teleport orb that means the entry point and narrow funnel choke is intented. But if you start becoming

spiderman and climb a jumping puzzle to then cover a one way entry point that can be denied with punts and slows making a jump to reach you unable or in

otherways give you a clear defensive advantage that was not obviously implimented, I can kinda see why restrictions are made.

Same as when people started blocking or climbing with the kegs from events.
As the Spot was reachable since 11 years on live I guess it was obviously intended by the old devs in their endless wisdom.

Btw. Here is the Video for getting a nerf the next day if you dare to kill a GM in RvR.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/849951139

Needless to say we where whiped 3 minutes later by the same Warband because PnP knows how to jump on the spot too.

Solid patch. I hope all the Devs and everyone who dedicates countless hours to make this game even better than OG, had a great holiday.

This video highlights the main reason people complain about bias on both realms though. A player shown in this video clearly gets killed, then 5 seconds later has a GM tag over his name and floats up to the group that kills him. Literally a day or 2 later the area shown is patched and deemed illegal after over 10 years. Not a good look.

If your a player, be a player. If your a GM, be a GM. Changes shouldn't be prioritized due to status but rather by effect they have on game. This is legit the most minuscule thing that has been around for a decade but was shoved into the next patch like it was an emergency.
Ooof that video is baaaaaaad, that's overstepping boundaries.

Nebuchadnezzar

Post#134 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:36 pm

Panodil wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:26 pm For me ASW change feels like buff and not nerf.
Now you can pick up everything without any sacrifice.

Before you kinda had to pick between knockdown and crosscut, now you can have both.
Can still use HD so cant understand that comment
You didn't have to pick between Exploit Weakness and Crosscut, you took both because Swift Strikes is trash aside from use as a janky sprint and No Respite isn't much better than other free tactics when you run rough numbers (solo/small group at least). Adding more points isn't a buff if there's nothing worthwhile to spend them on.

Heal debuff now requires you to swap to Skirmish to apply BHA if you want to say start from range before engaging or target swapping (you know, like a hybrid range/melee class), which is a killer because you're locked out of any survivability/damage for 5 seconds.

Playing a hybrid range/melee class was a ton of fun but between this and the Shadowstep nerf apparently that's not a desired direction anymore :/

Jeliel80 wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:33 am Or some getting kited by Squigs and shammies roamers, so butchering rSH first, and then trashing a race defining racial after.
Absolutely shameful :lol:
I'm not sure if you've played a kiting class in another MMO before, but generally they don't get run speed buffs and have to play with their CCs/slows to maintain their distance and avoid getting caught. Sometimes they have to do that with spells that can't be cast while moving too. Having a permanent 25% run speed buff on top of these tools is simply unheard of because it obviates the need for smart play and makes kiting brainless (as has been the case here). There's really not that much skill involved in holding down D with a 1.25x multiplier on what your opponent's W does.

The adjusted Run Away! is still incredibly powerful - It's now just an insurance policy that lets you reset the situation if you make a mistake and do get caught. Rather than making it all but impossible to get caught in the first place by a reasonable number of enemies

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#135 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:41 pm

VindicoAtrum wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:22 pm
Nadril21 wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:12 am
Glorian wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:23 am

As the Spot was reachable since 11 years on live I guess it was obviously intended by the old devs in their endless wisdom.

Btw. Here is the Video for getting a nerf the next day if you dare to kill a GM in RvR.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/849951139

Needless to say we where whiped 3 minutes later by the same Warband because PnP knows how to jump on the spot too.

Solid patch. I hope all the Devs and everyone who dedicates countless hours to make this game even better than OG, had a great holiday.

This video highlights the main reason people complain about bias on both realms though. A player shown in this video clearly gets killed, then 5 seconds later has a GM tag over his name and floats up to the group that kills him. Literally a day or 2 later the area shown is patched and deemed illegal after over 10 years. Not a good look.

If your a player, be a player. If your a GM, be a GM. Changes shouldn't be prioritized due to status but rather by effect they have on game. This is legit the most minuscule thing that has been around for a decade but was shoved into the next patch like it was an emergency.
Ooof that video is baaaaaaad, that's overstepping boundaries.
This video illustrates that GM's are active in-game and will investigate reports of players exploiting terrain. Good, that's what they should do.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Firebird

Post#136 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:14 pm

As a rSH, I have to stand with my height challenged order brothers on this. The terain is accessible, learn the terrain.
Reducing choice in tactis is not a good path to take, folks just need to learn counters and study the terrain.
Yes, it sucks being sniped, but it is a valid tactic.
Please revert these silly changes. You KNOW this is gm bias, so just revert it.

Farrul

Post#137 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:19 pm

Winry wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:01 pm
I think you didn't get it ... WL now compared to marauder is dead at least marauder has its utility and survivability.
pls, tell me what a slayer can't do better than a WL at this point not even worth bringing one to cities.
Have to agree, i don't know why this WL 'nerf was even considered, seems ill considered & an irrational move.

In my opinion only one change was needed for the WL otherwise it was in a good place, that was to make the pet speed tactic a passive effect(could be nerfed slightly to 40%). The reason for this is because pet is core to the class and won't work without this tactic(mechanically) which then forces every WL with a pet to take it just to enable the pet in combat, this is always bad design in any game.

As of now, the WL trees are nerfed and not logical, i think to fix it Force Opportunity needs a move to Axeman along with Pack hunting(but really idk, ideally undo the nerf). If they leave WL trees in this condition for a longer time it's just sad imho.
Last edited by Farrul on Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oglaf
Suspended

Post#138 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:23 pm

Farrul wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:19 pm
Have to agree, i don't know why this WL 'nerf was even considered, seems ill considered & an irrational move.

In my opinion only one change was needed for the WL otherwise it was in a good place, that was to make the pet speed tactic a passive effect(could be nerfed slightly to 40%). The reason for this is because pet is core to the class and won't work without this tactic(mechanically) which then forces every WL with a pet to take it just to enable the pet in combat, this is always bad design in any game.

As of now, the WL trees are nerfed and not logical, i think to fix it Force Opportunity needs a move to Axeman along with Pack hunting. If they leave WL trees in this condition for a longer time it's just sad imho.
Then the "He's a Big'un" SH tactic should be made passive as well because it is essential to keeping the pet alive and SH "stances" are tied to having a live squig.

Ads
Winry

Post#139 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:28 pm

Oglaf wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:23 pm

As of now, the WL trees are nerfed and not logical, i think to fix it Force Opportunity needs a move to Axeman along with Pack hunting. If they leave WL trees in this condition for a longer time it's just sad imho.
Then the "He's a Big'un" SH tactic should be made passive as well because it is essential to keeping the pet alive and SH "stances" are tied to having a live squig.
Except SH has 4 different kinds of "pets" that don't share the cooldown when 1 dies he just summons another one, if the WL pet dies you need to wait 15 sec and that's not the case for SH
Last edited by Winry on Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sundowner

Post#140 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:29 pm

Oglaf wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:23 pm

fair, pets are permadead against orginized enemies, so buffing pets is probably a good idea.