Ads

Patch Notes 25/12/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Phantasm

Re: Patch Notes 25/12/2020

Post#141 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:31 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:41 pm
This video illustrates that GM's are active in-game and will investigate reports of players exploiting terrain. Good, that's what they should do.
I dont understand where is an expoit here? Everyone can get to that tower spot. RoR maps are full of spots like that, KV over ice BO entrance, KV next to south keep, area over feiten BO in high pass, area above BO at west keep in DW, many many clifs and trees in BC zone etc. BT put an effort to find that spots and take advantage of it to balance their disadvantage of being easy targets on flat areas. Thats just telling ppl to blob in zerg and follow rest, dont be creative and resourceful.

Ads
Dackle

Post#142 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:35 pm

It almost sounds good, but nobody was "exploiting" terrain. They were active "in-game" players using strategy to wipe a melee train. The dev was clearly killed quickly and swiftly went to "godmode" to instruct his warband. That hardly seems an investigation.
VindicoAtrum wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:22 pm
Nadril21 wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:12 am

Solid patch. I hope all the Devs and everyone who dedicates countless hours to make this game even better than OG, had a great holiday.

This video highlights the main reason people complain about bias on both realms though. A player shown in this video clearly gets killed, then 5 seconds later has a GM tag over his name and floats up to the group that kills him. Literally a day or 2 later the area shown is patched and deemed illegal after over 10 years. Not a good look.

If your a player, be a player. If your a GM, be a GM. Changes shouldn't be prioritized due to status but rather by effect they have on game. This is legit the most minuscule thing that has been around for a decade but was shoved into the next patch like it was an emergency.
Ooof that video is baaaaaaad, that's overstepping boundaries.
This video illustrates that GM's are active in-game and will investigate reports of players exploiting terrain. Good, that's what they should do.

Farrul

Post#143 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:37 pm

Oglaf wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:23 pm
Farrul wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:19 pm
Winry wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:01 pm
I think you didn't get it ... WL now compared to marauder is dead at least marauder has its utility and survivability.
pls, tell me what a slayer can't do better than a WL at this point not even worth bringing one to cities.
Have to agree, i don't know why this WL 'nerf was even considered, seems ill considered & an irrational move.

In my opinion only one change was needed for the WL otherwise it was in a good place, that was to make the pet speed tactic a passive effect(could be nerfed slightly to 40%). The reason for this is because pet is core to the class and won't work without this tactic(mechanically) which then forces every WL with a pet to take it just to enable the pet in combat, this is always bad design in any game.

As of now, the WL trees are nerfed and not logical, i think to fix it Force Opportunity needs a move to Axeman along with Pack hunting. If they leave WL trees in this condition for a longer time it's just sad imho.
Then the "He's a Big'un" SH tactic should be made passive as well because it is essential to keeping the pet alive and SH "stances" are tied to having a live squig.
I don't know much about SH but if this is essential to enable the pet in battle, i agree. For the WL i never understood why this is a tactic and not a core function(guess it's from the original mythic design?).

P.S.
Winry wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:28 pm Except SH has 4 different kinds of "pets" that don't share the cooldown when 1 dies he just summons another one, if the WL pet dies you need to wait 15 sec and that's not the case for SH
Then it isn't as critical for SH i guess(could still be considered?). WL speed training tactic is obsolete design.
Last edited by Farrul on Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

gebajger

Post#144 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:43 pm

VindicoAtrum wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:22 pm
Nadril21 wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:12 am

Solid patch. I hope all the Devs and everyone who dedicates countless hours to make this game even better than OG, had a great holiday.

This video highlights the main reason people complain about bias on both realms though. A player shown in this video clearly gets killed, then 5 seconds later has a GM tag over his name and floats up to the group that kills him. Literally a day or 2 later the area shown is patched and deemed illegal after over 10 years. Not a good look.

If your a player, be a player. If your a GM, be a GM. Changes shouldn't be prioritized due to status but rather by effect they have on game. This is legit the most minuscule thing that has been around for a decade but was shoved into the next patch like it was an emergency.
Ooof that video is baaaaaaad, that's overstepping boundaries.
You mean USING terrain?
Were is the exploit?
Anyone can (could) go up there...
Rioz

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#145 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:53 pm

GM's don't make changes to the game. They can bring it up to a dev if they see something being abused.
This isn't the first time we've blocked off areas that should otherwise be inaccessible, and it's very unlikely to be the last time.
Areas like this are reported or discovered almost exclusively when players abuse them, GM's are called when players abuse something.
The extent of the abuse usually results in a faster response. Putting half a warband of dwarfs on an inaccessible tower (unless you run through a 60s PvE route and try to make a non-trivial jump that could be blocked by player collision all while getting shot at) makes it a pretty easy decision.
Roleplay is no excuse, we have never encouraged or approved their guild to add inaccessible spots to their little strategy book of whatever.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Gurf

Post#146 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:01 pm

Just make it more accessible rather than blocking it off

Dackle

Post#147 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:16 pm

The old, "but live..." I remember the first AoR server I joined was all oRvR. All the zones were open, there was a lot of wtf death just trying to complete a PQ. I have often thought it would be good to expand the lakes, somehow, to stop the same old warcamp yo-yo game.

Clearly, that would be a monumental undertaking as there would be 1,000's of these scenarios. I like the fact alternate ideas were explored, rather than the same old charge in, or choke point there....

It keeps everyone on their toes, even GM's who die.
Last edited by Dackle on Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oglaf
Suspended

Post#148 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:20 pm

Winry wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:28 pm
Oglaf wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:23 pm
Farrul wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:19 pm
Have to agree, i don't know why this WL 'nerf was even considered, seems ill considered & an irrational move.

In my opinion only one change was needed for the WL otherwise it was in a good place, that was to make the pet speed tactic a passive effect(could be nerfed slightly to 40%). The reason for this is because pet is core to the class and won't work without this tactic(mechanically) which then forces every WL with a pet to take it just to enable the pet in combat, this is always bad design in any game.

As of now, the WL trees are nerfed and not logical, i think to fix it Force Opportunity needs a move to Axeman along with Pack hunting. If they leave WL trees in this condition for a longer time it's just sad imho.
Then the "He's a Big'un" SH tactic should be made passive as well because it is essential to keeping the pet alive and SH "stances" are tied to having a live squig.
Except SH has 4 different kinds of "pets" that don't share the cooldown when 1 dies he just summons another one, if the WL pet dies you need to wait 15 sec and that's not the case for SH
Irrelevant. He's still out of his desired "stance" as long as that Squig is waiting to respawn for 30 seconds.

Ads
Sprak

Post#149 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:27 pm

Respectfully, I'm not really understanding or seeing the reasoning behind all the changes being made in game. It feels like you spin a wheel on game aspects to change and then pull ideas blindly out of a hat.

I remember WAR for the most part following (not fully or perfectly) the Fluff, stories, and background of Warhammer Fantasy. The Class abilities made sense, classes had their own unique things even if they were closely mirrored with the cross realm classes. The current direction of everything completely destroys all of that. This might be ROR but it should still be WAR/Warhammer Fantasy, and yet its not being faithful to either at all. People came to ROR because of and for WAR/Warhammer Fantasy, not a bastardization of it. I think we all want to see things improved on, but not to a detriment of why we are all here.

The underlying foundational rules that should never change when making decisions for the game should be...

1) Keep it as faithful to the Fluff, background, stories, and world of WAR/Warhammer Fantasy as possible.

2) The Rule of Cool: make things as cool and awesome as possible while following rule 1.

3) Make it as fun as possible.

This might be a post for a different section of the forum, but I felt it had to be brought up.

An example of following the top rules for changes...

Terrain should never be thought of as an exploit, otherwise Keep walls are exploits. Why not make the terrain more interesting and usable to engage in strategy and tactics? If something is too powerfully defendable, make it more accessible.

Why are leaps so terrible now? Wings of Heaven used to be amazing, but now if someone is standing below me on a hill I suddenly can't leap at them? You should make leaps what they were/should be, highly mobile abilities to close gaps or get into places/positions you cannot get normally. Why shouldn't White Lions, SH's, SM's be able to leap up to someone on a wall or hill? Why are you restricting peoples abilities to use strategy and creativity? Maybe everything should be flat and just be empty maps with 4 BO's and 2 Keeps with a grass field between them and nothing else.

Just some thoughts, that's all. You might get more people to the game and more people enjoying the game.

mryay

Post#150 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:41 pm

@devs May I ask you the rationale for removing the access to the broadhead arrow in Assault for the Shadow Warrior, please?

Currently, breaks substantially the effectiveness and the fun of main aSW gameplay. Any explanations are welcome because I honestly fail to see the need here.

Thanks
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RoR: SW 82, AM Heal RR51
AoR: SW R87, BW/R60+, SM/40+, AM/R50+, WL/R60+, Slayer R40+, DoK/SH/Sorcerer R40+ (+others)