Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 25/12/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
cursedflesh

Re: Patch Notes 25/12/2020

Post#151 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:32 pm

mryay wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:41 pm @devs May I ask you the rationale for removing the access to the broadhead arrow in Assault for the Shadow Warrior, please?

Currently, breaks substantially the effectiveness and the fun of main aSW gameplay. Any explanations are welcome because I honestly fail to see the need here.

Thanks

Surprised me too, we cant make target ailing to apply heal debuff now. Bet its because of moving shadowstep to lower position and devs are afraid of asw using split arrows tactic.

Well, an effort to suppress single target melee continues ...
Garrth - order, Garrmi - destro

Ads
VindicoAtrum

Post#152 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:22 pm

cursedflesh wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:32 pm
mryay wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:41 pm @devs May I ask you the rationale for removing the access to the broadhead arrow in Assault for the Shadow Warrior, please?

Currently, breaks substantially the effectiveness and the fun of main aSW gameplay. Any explanations are welcome because I honestly fail to see the need here.

Thanks

Surprised me too, we cant make target ailing to apply heal debuff now. Bet its because of moving shadowstep to lower position and devs are afraid of asw using split arrows tactic.

Having tried to keep playing assault sw since the patch it's just painful, the spec is GUTTED. Shadowstep feels pointless half the time, the -10% on defences for nothing was gutting, can't apply shadow sting reliably, it's just... awful. I fully expect the few assault SWs will pack it in, go skirm, or go to another class.

cursedflesh

Post#153 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:43 pm

VindicoAtrum wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:22 pm

Thanks

Having tried to keep playing assault sw since the patch it's just painful, the spec is GUTTED. Shadowstep feels pointless half the time, the -10% on defences for nothing was gutting, can't apply shadow sting reliably, it's just... awful. I fully expect the few assault SWs will pack it in, go skirm, or go to another class.

most of old ASWs just stopped playing even before those changes, devs simply killed interesting class
Garrth - order, Garrmi - destro

Kragg

Post#154 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:33 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:53 pm GM's don't make changes to the game. They can bring it up to a dev if they see something being abused.
This isn't the first time we've blocked off areas that should otherwise be inaccessible, and it's very unlikely to be the last time.
Areas like this are reported or discovered almost exclusively when players abuse them, GM's are called when players abuse something.
The extent of the abuse usually results in a faster response. Putting half a warband of dwarfs on an inaccessible tower (unless you run through a 60s PvE route and try to make a non-trivial jump that could be blocked by player collision all while getting shot at) makes it a pretty easy decision.
Roleplay is no excuse, we have never encouraged or approved their guild to add inaccessible spots to their little strategy book of whatever.
Just because the melee ball can't do anything against our specialized team doesnt mean it is not fair game. In fact, that same warband went up to wipe us. There are hills, towers and cliffs around for a reason.

And rather nice you place us in the 'abuse' section of things. Well played, War. Classy.

GM's are not called , GM got shot and somehow got his way within a day. Never mind that PvE ambushes has been a tactic employed by all guilds throughbout the server, helers on pve and dps fighting in rvr has been around for ages. Might want to focus on tier 3 city gateway not allowing order to do damage. Focus on a niche group instead. Moving into PvE and jumping at Bo's has been a valid tactic, unless we do it ofcourse. PnP got ambushed, PnP got back at us. Same range, same option. That they bring a melee warband is up to them, not us.
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

Bergbart

Post#155 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:38 pm

A little help for Sw in Skirmisch now Bha first, than ss, then the another 2* BHA when it fail... change target(take assistet targets
) when bha is full or twice VoN + Acid Arrow + Rapid fire after that you can decide... all is with Glass arrow.the secret high weaponskill.

This Rotation is for nb shoot and forget when you want trolling. The devs allow it.

But its Support take the hps weakest targets in offensive. and defensive protect healers and other rdps with kjd and slow, damage.

for good crit stuff take Sw Leading shoots and KOTBS with crit buff (togheter 13% dont know right)

The Squig Changes Sounds Interresting. But i waith for the Choppa Changes in 21.... merry Christmas and Thanks Devs

Charon

Post#156 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:28 am

Kragg wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:33 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:53 pm GM's don't make changes to the game. They can bring it up to a dev if they see something being abused.
This isn't the first time we've blocked off areas that should otherwise be inaccessible, and it's very unlikely to be the last time.
Areas like this are reported or discovered almost exclusively when players abuse them, GM's are called when players abuse something.
The extent of the abuse usually results in a faster response. Putting half a warband of dwarfs on an inaccessible tower (unless you run through a 60s PvE route and try to make a non-trivial jump that could be blocked by player collision all while getting shot at) makes it a pretty easy decision.
Roleplay is no excuse, we have never encouraged or approved their guild to add inaccessible spots to their little strategy book of whatever.
Just because the melee ball can't do anything against our specialized team doesnt mean it is not fair game. In fact, that same warband went up to wipe us. There are hills, towers and cliffs around for a reason.

And rather nice you place us in the 'abuse' section of things. Well played, War. Classy.

GM's are not called , GM got shot and somehow got his way within a day. Never mind that PvE ambushes has been a tactic employed by all guilds throughbout the server, helers on pve and dps fighting in rvr has been around for ages. Might want to focus on tier 3 city gateway not allowing order to do damage. Focus on a niche group instead. Moving into PvE and jumping at Bo's has been a valid tactic, unless we do it ofcourse. PnP got ambushed, PnP got back at us. Same range, same option. That they bring a melee warband is up to them, not us.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ_sCye ... e=youtu.be

ok guys just for clarification .. BT spots are not fine ...but this one that Theo was using is ok ( it starts more or less 1,20 min) ...right ???
Last edited by Charon on Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Karak Azgal - Haron WP
Karak Norn - Haeroon KoTBS
RoR:
- Chaeron - SM
- Nogrun - magnet eng
- Cheron - i want sorc Black Horror skill for my BW ;)

tomolyons

Post#157 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:46 am

Ive been playing this game now close to 3 months. got 2 RR 60+ Chars. Its clear to me the absolute Des bias is insane. Every single patch theres a Decent buff for a des Char yet a rather "meh" change for Order. What was the Reason for giving A WE 'leap' for example?

Just look at the numbers 18 hours a day is 10% - 20% swing for des. Something has gone wrong somewhere to have that kind of ratio every single day.

I Actually took the time to look at every single patch notes in the past year. The amount of des changes compared to Order is just not acceptable. For example the Slayer has been needing a buff because believe it or not, 'rampage' is the only ability keeping that class going. Yet In the past year NO changes for the slayer.

Digging your own grave lads. Please look at the statistics

CountTalabecland

Post#158 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:48 am

Lol at all the dest salty about WH buff. Dest spent years lusting after Pounce and now got 2 but now they are all like “we want WH armor debuff waaaaaaaaah pls gimme.”

Give me a break lol
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Ads
lyncher12

Post#159 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:57 am

VindicoAtrum wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:22 pm

Thanks

does draw blood -> shadow sting not work? i don't have a shadow warrior so if that doesn't work i couldn't say

CountTalabecland

Post#160 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:06 am

The Troll Country cliff sniping has been a thing forever. Does seem weird that a GM gets killed and suddenly its removed.

Gotten ambushed there soooo many times for years because its such an important portal spot. I liked the fact that it was a hard BO to simply camp a wb on and use zerg tactics to deny it to the enemy.

Recent changes do seem to be going in the mindless AoE blob direction. May the highest pop win I suppose.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.