Recent Topics

Ads

Being sent to Norsca after using /stuck

Let's talk about... everything else
Shutyergob

Being sent to Norsca after using /stuck

Post#1 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:13 am

Hello, my apologies if this isn't the correct place to place this post, but I wanted to advise about a frustrating aspect of RoR. Now I love RoR and I'm very grateful to the Devs for all that they've done and continue to do. You guys are the best. I really missed WAR after it ended and I've been having so much fun playing RoR, so thank you Devs for that!

Now the issue I wanted to discuss is this: when I use /stuck I get sent back to Norsca, where there is no Flight Master. And I have to use my book. Now, if I've already used my book, then I'm stuck in BF Norsca.

Now, I often use my book to get to the Destro camp in Chrace so I can go and farm some bloody gear at the nearby PQ. Also, I often have to use /stuck as sometimes when I come out of scens I find my toon floating in the air somewhere and so have no choice but to use /stuck.

So i have on many occasions had to ride all the way thru Norsca which can take a good 15-20 minutes or so. Well, my time logged in is precious, so for me that's a chunk of time.

Now you may say, why not just log out for 20 minutes or a half hour and then log back in and use your book to get out of Norsca? Well again my disposable time is limited and that kind of horsing around isn't always a real good option. If I log out I'm on to something else for the night, most likely.

And why only allow outbound flights from that destro WC in Chrace? Why not open that up to inbound flights, seeing as how important that particular PQ is now, as people need it to farm Bloody gear. This would lessen the need to use the book so often, and then when we do get stuck floating in the air after a scen, we can just use the book and it'll be all good.

Of course it would also help this situation when the bug that causes toons to suddenly appear floating in the air somewhere when coming out of scens is fixed.

There are other solutions as well, such as placing a Flight Master right there in the beginning point in Norsca, or close by, so folks in this situation can just use the FM to get back to civilization.

Anyways, your thoughts/comments/criticisms are welcome.

Peace,

Shutyergob

Ads
Newn

Re: Being sent to Norsca after using /stuck

Post#2 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:28 am

For what its worth, I think your book use timer resets as soon as you log out/in. Unless it was very recently changed, because I do this all the time. So my best advice for you at the moment would be log out to char screen then log back in, then use your book.

magter3001

Post#3 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:45 am

The Book resets the timer if u just log out. So you can use the book more than once per half hour just by logging out and logging in.
Agrot 35/40 Aggychopp 32/40
Grelin of Magnus/Badlands ;)

Shutyergob

Post#4 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:56 am

Newn wrote:For what its worth, I think your book use timer resets as soon as you log out/in. Unless it was very recently changed, because I do this all the time. So my best advice for you at the moment would be log out to char screen then log back in, then use your book.
Oh okay great. Thats different than in WAR right. And good to know. Thanks!

Shutyergob

Post#5 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:13 am

magter3001 wrote:The Book resets the timer if u just log out. So you can use the book more than once per half hour just by logging out and logging in.
Cool thanks pal. Good to know. Peace!