Recent Topics

Ads

New Server one day Devs?

Let's talk about... everything else
WarbossThrakka

New Server one day Devs?

Post#1 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:39 pm

HEY LADS! I did a poll last week about resetting the server and it did not go to well! HOWEVER! My next idea is why don't we just make a second server? I don't think it will suck that many people out of the main server and it might actually give incentive for new players to come to the game. MY reasoning is this. Many of my buddies who i ask to play this usually say "But that server is really old and the order all have top gear...i won't be able to beat anyone it will be lame" So why not make a new server and grab new players? You guys could ask the community to advertise that and maybe some podcasters will make a big deal about it! May get many more people overall in the game! MAYBE EVEN HAVE 4 SEPERATE BRACKETS IN PVP LIKE IN VANILLA! instead of this 2 bracket crap for open world RVR! I sure miss tier 2 keep fights!

Ads
Noslock

Re: New Server one day Devs?

Post#2 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:43 pm

WarbossThrakka wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:39 pm HEY LADS! I did a poll last week about resetting the server and it did not go to well! HOWEVER! My next idea is why don't we just make a second server? I don't think it will suck that many people out of the main server and it might actually give incentive for new players to come to the game. MY reasoning is this. Many of my buddies who i ask to play this usually say "But that server is really old and the order all have top gear...i won't be able to beat anyone it will be lame" So why not make a new server and grab new players? You guys could ask the community to advertise that and maybe some podcasters will make a big deal about it! May get many more people overall in the game! MAYBE EVEN HAVE 4 SEPERATE BRACKETS IN PVP LIKE IN VANILLA! instead of this 2 bracket crap for open world RVR! I sure miss tier 2 keep fights!
U cant even fill one server sometimes and you want another one? WIth double energy required to maintain everything? Nowadays you gear up quite fast so i dont see the problem for new players?They literally gives you freenown and gear with reduced prices with 1/10 of the effort you needed back then when all started.I recently levelled a blackguard and im rr75 with full invader in 14 days of playtime.Do that on my main bo took ages.

Bowldancer

Post#3 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:44 pm

Splitting the playerbase is a really really bad idea. We don't have enough for one server at certain times. There was another server once and it died for reasons.

4 Brackets ? The merge of T2 - T4 was the best RvR-related design decision that ever happened here. Even on live T2/T3 were deserted most of the time and it was just mindlessly grinding rats to finally have fun in T4. Now you have the choice to have fun in RvR instead. From 1 to 40.

I also don't get the gear argument with the buddy fairy tale. Gearing toons was never easier in the history of Warhammer Online and levelling is really fast.
I have thirteen 40s and 7 more on the way and there is not a single character I feel useless with. Getting competitive gear is not a long road. And you don't need Invader+ to have fun and have an impact.

It won't happen anyway but still a hard NO from me for whatever that's worth.
Grimmsch Grimnirsson (2H Giantslayer, 40/85)
Spoiler:
40+: 2H-CHOPPA, AM, RP, WP, SM, IB, KotBS, WL, WH, BW, ENG, SW
Alts in T4: SHA, SH, BO, BG, CHO, MAR, WE

space44

Post#4 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:15 pm

did some random person really make a poll in the past whether the devs should reset the server and most players years of progress...
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#5 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:17 pm

space44 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:15 pm did some random person really make a poll in the past whether the devs should reset the server and most players years of progress...
Every couple of months, but the answer hasn't changed.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog