Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 18/03/2021

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
gebajger

Re: Patch Notes 18/03/2021

Post#31 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:09 pm

akeskin69 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:01 am Yaay more defensive power to DPS Shaman&AM?

Are you here Rioz ;)

This is your best day in RoR
My best days in ROR are long gone.
What we have here (I'm guessing) is some kind of struggle within the team to make decisions,
resulting in changes that make less and less sense.
Rioz

Ads
balvor877
Suspended

Post#32 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:09 pm

I've worked more than 10 years in software development and I tell you one thing: "You should never let source code developers make product changing decisions." No offense, I have worked as coder as well but it is really true.

Why? They don't use their own product enough as enduser, they don't talk to these people enough, they are usually busy with certain problems and don't see the bigger picture and they usually take the easy road to fix problems - which often results in mediocre solutions or solutions nobody wanted.

So the thing I have learned: Let product developers and or community people talk with enduseres, do the analysis and discussion, draw conclusions and then discuss that with the source code devs. Only then you will develop a product into the right direction. Everything else goes into the wrong direction.

Looking at the last few patches I don't have the feeling that they were on point, nor what people wanted or expected.

M0rw47h

Post#33 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:15 pm

balvor877 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:09 pm I've worked more than 10 years in software development and I tell you one thing: "You should never let source code developers make product changing decisions." No offense, I have worked as coder as well but it is really true.

Why? They don't use their own product enough as enduser, they don't talk to these people enough, they are usually busy with certain problems and don't see the bigger picture and they usually take the easy road to fix problems - which often results in mediocre solutions or solutions nobody wanted.

So the thing I have learned: Let product developers and or community people talk with enduseres, do the analysis and discussion, draw conclusions and then discuss that with the source code devs. Only then you will develop a product into the right direction. Everything else goes into the wrong direction.

Looking at the last few patches I don't have the feeling that they were on point, nor what people wanted or expected.
???

I see dalen both in oRvR and City Sieges. I'd say he has more "enuser experience" than most players.

balvor877
Suspended

Post#34 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:17 pm

Again, no offense, but the changes we got in the last patches were giving everybody question marks above their heads.

Nekkma

Post#35 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:24 pm

Personally, I think the game on live became alot better with TB and rr wounds tactic. So, I'm cautiously optimistic about this. The negative is ofc that certain classes and playstyles get shafted (slayers reign supreme and endless 6vs6 comes to mind). It would be better to adjust on a class by class basis as these global changes provides unneccessary buffs and nerfs for classes/specs not needing it.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

squiggastolemybike

Post#36 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:28 pm

balvor877 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:09 pm I've worked more than 10 years in software development and I tell you one thing: "You should never let source code developers make product changing decisions." No offense, I have worked as coder as well but it is really true.

Good advice. Can't disagree. However, changes in RoR seem to be based on the whining of average population which is hopelessly bad at the game. Dalen is listening to nonsense of one angry mediocre player all day and seemingly getting ideas from him (that is just one example).
83 Marauder ][ 82 Zealot ][ 82 Chosen
83 Black Orc ][ 82 Ironbreaker ][ 81 Blackguard
82 Sorceress ][ 83 Choppa ][ 82 Shadow Warrior
81 Witch Elf ][ 81 Witch Hunter ][ 81 Squig Herder
83 Shaman ][ 82 DoK ][ 80 WP ][ 79 SL, SM, WL

Onigokko0101

Post#37 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:31 pm

engharat wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:53 am Huge nerf for magus and engi, which no one would group in any serious city content when he was at 40% dmg bonus. I cannot believe you did!
In a city against competent players you generally were hovering around 4 stacks anyways from pet dying/resummoning pet near fights. Its only a nerf to the cities where you could turret near your pet.
Khrylashe - Zealot
Devarien - Blackguard
Bigdisc- Magus
Aendael - Warrior Priest
Nusku- Bright Wizard

Mruvka

Post#38 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:34 pm

I am not really sure anybody would ever take Trivial Blows over Futile Strike with the current numbers. Characters with Crit Chance above 50% are quite rare outside of glass cannon builds, and even at 50% it is a toss-up between the two.

Order melee characters would greatly appreciate actually seeing other characters alongside them when facing the destro melee train. It s great when 30 engineers are urging you to storm single-handedly the waves of Chosens/Maras/BOs/Choppas/SHs, while they are pew-pewing double-digit damage numbers from the back and ready to retreat at any time.

I am sorry Engi players, but I think most Order players will agree that Engi numbers have gone far beyond the healthy amount. Engi should be a niche class in my opinion, not the backbone of the Order population.
Titillation - 82 RR WL
Shibboleth - 81 RR WP
Mrun - 20 RR IB

Ads
Sundowner

Post#39 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:38 pm

Hello devs, I know you don't really like/have time for explaining changes, but can you explained what was the reason TB was added? was it because some classes with high crit modifiers (bw/sorc mara/ST lion mainly) were overperforming, or there will be future changes which will increase dmg. across the board?

I know that meta always changes, but recent patches seem to work in favour of meta already established (armor talisman nerf affected AM/shammy which already were pretty weak in comparison to other healers, TB will make WP/DOK even harder to kill and favour slayer/choppa who do not rely on critical dmg much, but already are first (well not choppa because mara is very good) choice for aoe dps. Out of classes mainly affected probably aoe mara needed it with high survivability/dmg/utility/crit chance.

xanderous

Post#40 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:46 pm

- The damage bonus from turrets now works like the tooltips say, +4% damage per stack up to a maximum of +20%. Previously they gave +5% per stack, up to a maximum of +40%.

You guys really need to fix the stack loss penalty on the pets before you go messing with the damage buff, this just shows a real disconnect from reality as per usual.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer