Recent Topics

Ads

[SH] Pet damage

Let's talk about... everything else
space44

Re: [SH] Pet damage

Post#11 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:07 am

vindicuss wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:29 am It's pretty obvious when the pet is going to do big damage, it becomes huge, pretty easy to detaunt it or kill it asap, it's pretty much a L2P issue. These types of posts are really biased and just helps to create a false problem.
ignorance tells them not to detaunt. Rather choose the game to adapt to them than them adapting to the game.
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

Ads
buzzbuzz

Post#12 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:49 am

space44 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:07 am
vindicuss wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:29 am It's pretty obvious when the pet is going to do big damage, it becomes huge, pretty easy to detaunt it or kill it asap, it's pretty much a L2P issue. These types of posts are really biased and just helps to create a false problem.
ignorance tells them not to detaunt. Rather choose the game to adapt to them than them adapting to the game.
the burst was too high. it all happend in like 4 seconds. half of the time I was disabled. you are not only limited by your own reaction time but also by the game. once you notice the damage, you have to wait for global cooldown and pick the attacker first, have to be in range, have to see the buggy pet, before you can fire the detaunt. once you have them you are usually already knocked down. after all you are just detaunting one of them. either the SH or the pet.

i don't know... i think you are trying to make it sound easier as it really is... and a detaunt is not an immunity bubble... it is just 50% reduced damage from ONE attacker...

and countering a melee pet like the WL pet is way easier because you see it coming and have the attacker right next to you. not so for ranged pets. they are somewhere in between the enemies. good luck finding and picking them.

mryay

Post#13 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:40 am

buzzbuzz wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:49 am
the burst was too high. it all happend in like 4 seconds. half of the time I was disabled. you are not only limited by your own reaction time but also by the game. once you notice the damage, you have to wait for global cooldown and pick the attacker first, have to be in range, have to see the buggy pet, before you can fire the detaunt. once you have them you are usually already knocked down. after all you are just detaunting one of them. either the SH or the pet.

i don't know... i think you are trying to make it sound easier as it really is... and a detaunt is not an immunity bubble... it is just 50% reduced damage from ONE attacker...

and countering a melee pet like the WL pet is way easier because you see it coming and have the attacker right next to you. not so for ranged pets. they are somewhere in between the enemies. good luck finding and picking them.
Don't worry, there will always be some dude/girl who radiates the l33t aura and will throw the universal response "it is pretty much a L2P issue". It is a dirty debate technique called "false endings", which intends to sneakily discredit and/or dodge what you say instead of trying to understand your problem and get data out of your questions and remarks.

From experience, yes the pet (Spiked Squig/Horned squig mainly) does substantially high range damage and goes berserk when you hit Squig Frenzy + Squigbeast. It is really hard to counter because 1/ range knockdown/disarm/mute is in general well executed after the heal debuf, second if you are in oRVR, good luck finding the right SH/pet+having the reaction time, especially when they kite and speed like the road runner. When I play my SH, it is almost a guaranteed kill (granted you use it on robe/medium armor). It reminds me of the +100% damage M2 except that Squigbeats is an M1.

Horned squig is ok to escape, spiked squig is hell, it follows you beyond the 150 ft mark and shoots through objects that normally cut the line of sight.

In these conditions, when I encounter one of the top SH, I know I have 80% chance to die in a 5s timeframe.

Your best defense is your party/team, or play tank/WP, and use pot/regen pot/bubble during this time.

Do you carry pots with you?

/salute
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RoR: SW 82, AM Heal RR51
AoR: SW R87, BW/R60+, SM/40+, AM/R50+, WL/R60+, Slayer R40+, DoK/SH/Sorcerer R40+ (+others)

Anoobyz

Post#14 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:29 am

Yea i say make Engie turrets melee as well (xd) they killin me in few shoots on sieges from God know where lel

buzzbuzz

Post#15 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:49 am

Anoobyz wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:29 am Yea i say make Engie turrets melee as well (xd) they killin me in few shoots on sieges from God know where lel
detaunt the turret.

Kurama

Post#16 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:58 pm

buzzbuzz wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:49 am
Anoobyz wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:29 am Yea i say make Engie turrets melee as well (xd) they killin me in few shoots on sieges from God know where lel
detaunt the turret.
See? You get it now.
DOK 8x
Zealot 8x
Shaman 8x
BO 7x

WP 8x
RP 8x
AM 8x

Rapzel

Post#17 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:03 pm

Just kill it lol.

(stats from Xergon, not me)

Sundowner

Post#18 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:21 pm

Rapzel wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:03 pm
Just kill it lol.

(stats from Xergon, not me)
Is that with squig tactic (160 str bs wounds)?

Ads
buzzbuzz

Post#19 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:38 pm

Sundowner wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:21 pm Why does every squig have more main stat/wounds than WL's pet? :mrgreen: 930 WS :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
i think that is a bug. the horned squig should not get WS from items. at least it is not stated in the tooltip.

Sundowner

Post#20 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:43 pm

buzzbuzz wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:38 pm
Sundowner wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:21 pm Why does every squig have more main stat/wounds than WL's pet? :mrgreen: 930 WS :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
i think that is a bug. the horned squig should not get WS from items. at least it is not stated in the tooltip.
Yeah +600 ws is unlikely. Gotta recheck WL stats again too, squig stat seems way better considering bonuses they give to owner.