Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
arorwne
Suspended

Re: Patch Notes 20/05/2021

Post#231 » Fri May 21, 2021 1:24 am

wargrimnir wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:19 am
arorwne wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:14 am
wargrimnir wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:11 am

Yes, but mostly because there aren't mega experts on class balance. It's a discussion position where you need to be able to debate among each other and devs will probably mess it up anyway. They're not exactly curing lupus.
This is where you are wrong. Both of these are actually statisticians, are they not(House is a head of medical statistics or something like that - both of these look at systems and "guess" what's wrong and then Camerons, Foremans and others implement those ideas)? Again, what if you came across a person who can play a ... Slayer(idk, random) while blindfolded, but is a rude, crass dude? He'd be a "mega expert", it's just that he don't value civility (towards strangers) that much. Keep or dismiss?
Is there something you don't understand with the requirements? It's not a debate, I just answered a question is all.
Nice dodge. It's just that those reqs aren't exactly clear and well defined, are they? And god help when it comes to merit vs "civil behavior". I have a hunch which one you'd choose and it is WRONG. You'd have far more positive results from people like me, than from some "stellar track record" people. But you do you, it's your(plural) server, it's your right to even shut it down if you feel like it.

Ads
loik

Post#232 » Fri May 21, 2021 1:27 am

arorwne wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:19 am
loik wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:17 am
Winry wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:11 am

Pretty sure this patch made the competition closer than it was before, maybe you should test the patch out before you start making predictions just because you're main got nerfed Mr RR83 BO.
By nerfing destro?
Well, if it was like this(format: Order <-> Destro): 0,8 <-> 1,3 and now it is 0,95 <-> 1,05...yes, it is closer to balance and proper competition.

Keyword was :)

arorwne
Suspended

Post#233 » Fri May 21, 2021 1:28 am

loik wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:27 am
arorwne wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:19 am

By nerfing destro?
Well, if it was like this(format: Order <-> Destro): 0,8 <-> 1,3 and now it is 0,95 <-> 1,05...yes, it is closer to balance and proper competition.

Keyword was :)
Maybe you forgot to put it. :)

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#234 » Fri May 21, 2021 1:29 am

arorwne wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:24 am
arorwne wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:14 am

This is where you are wrong. Both of these are actually statisticians, are they not(House is a head of medical statistics or something like that - both of these look at systems and "guess" what's wrong and then Camerons, Foremans and others implement those ideas)? Again, what if you came across a person who can play a ... Slayer(idk, random) while blindfolded, but is a rude, crass dude? He'd be a "mega expert", it's just that he don't value civility (towards strangers) that much. Keep or dismiss?
Is there something you don't understand with the requirements? It's not a debate, I just answered a question is all.
Nice dodge. It's just that those reqs aren't exactly clear and well defined, are they? And god help when it comes to merit vs "civil behavior". I have a hunch which one you'd choose and it is WRONG. You'd have far more positive results from people like me, than from some "stellar track record" people. But you do you, it's your(plural) server, it's your right to even shut it down if you feel like it.
But you don't like PvP, why would you be useful at class balance? We don't need a PvE perspective.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Winry

Post#235 » Fri May 21, 2021 1:31 am

Warblorc wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:01 am

Clearly from these changes order does not want competition; they need more numbers and advantages. I understand not much you can do to balance population but even if one side has a few benefits it hardly justifies multiple one sided nerfs and buffs for order. If you guys are tired of running the game that's fine just don't make one side hate the game and quit due to bad decisions. Just shut it down and save us the grief.

Warblorc - RR83 BO
Pretty sure this patch made the competition closer than it was before, maybe you should test the patch out before you start making predictions just because you're main got nerfed Mr RR83 BO.
By nerfing destro?
You're never been in a competitive city Warband before, have you?
The self morale pump advantage destro had was insane + with the 2 cooldown decreases made it "almost" impossible for order to win against a decent and well build destro wb.

Destro is complaining here that the devs have gutted them useless while they still have a better self morale pump, aoe KD, Windblock, etc etc

loik

Post#236 » Fri May 21, 2021 1:37 am

Winry wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:31 am

By nerfing destro?
You're never been in a competitive city Warband before, have you?
The self morale pump advantage destro had was insane + with the 2 cooldown decreases made it "almost" impossible for order to win against a decent and well build destro wb.

Destro is complaining here that the devs have gutted them useless while they still have a better self morale pump, aoe KD, Windblock, etc etc
Sorry, no, I haven't had the luxury to play cities, as I play during NA time when order literally pves the way to city and I can't find the will to play, and I'm not even interested in trying them from what I've seen on streams. But luckily with the destro nerfs it will be much better!

Warblorc

Post#237 » Fri May 21, 2021 1:44 am

wargrimnir wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:34 am

Competition is great!
Clearly from these changes order does not want competition; they need more numbers and advantages. I understand not much you can do to balance population but even if one side has a few benefits it hardly justifies multiple one sided nerfs and buffs for order. If you guys are tired of running the game that's fine just don't make one side hate the game and quit due to bad decisions. Just shut it down and save us the grief.

Warblorc - RR83 BO
Closer look? It's bad patch overall more bad than good. I'm fine with the even number of skills for order/destro being 1 to 1 or 2 to 2 but we all know rampage won't be coming to destro. So this you guys have two skills argument is childish at best. That tactic was the only good thing in the boss tree outside of our KD being shoehorned into it on another bad decision. Does it have to be a CD reducer no. But it shouldn't be changed from useful to worthless in one move.

Changes that should have happened is some help on kotbs option for 2H

Alternate changes to Waaagh - AoE armor debuff - Yeah i know this been shot down over and over but it would mirrior SM as they deal in elemental damage and have a luxury of AoE debuff for it.

arorwne
Suspended

Post#238 » Fri May 21, 2021 1:46 am

wargrimnir wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:29 am
arorwne wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:24 am

But you don't like PvP, why would you be useful at class balance? We don't need a PvE perspective.
Not me exactly, my profile of people. Besides, sometimes you just need to have a fresh perspective, someone who's willing to comb through data and, based on that, regardless of preference or experience, say the right thing. Even if it is "no, you are wrong". But I'm not interested in that, I prefer loose relationships. I prefer to come and go as I please. Regardless, thank you for turning this into about me bit. (and you think you don't, but again, it's your game, it's your right to ignore whatever)

Have a pleasant night everyone.

Ads
Alucard2010

Post#239 » Fri May 21, 2021 1:57 am

Sofong wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 4:03 pm waaagh was equivalent to WW, chop fasta is to counter shatter limbs..... removing waagh but keeping WW makes 0 sense......... very disappointing patch many of the nerfs are unnecessary.
MSH has shatter limbs equivalent as well. Destro netted one more CD reducer than order. Now it’s even

Winry

Post#240 » Fri May 21, 2021 1:57 am

Warblorc wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:44 am

Warblorc - RR83 BO
Closer look? It's bad patch overall more bad than good. I'm fine with the even number of skills for order/destro being 1 to 1 or 2 to 2 but we all know rampage won't be coming to destro. So this you guys have two skills argument is childish at best. That tactic was the only good thing in the boss tree outside of our KD being shoehorned into it on another bad decision. Does it have to be a CD reducer no. But it shouldn't be changed from useful to worthless in one move.

Changes that should have happened is some help on kotbs option for 2H

Alternate changes to Waaagh - AoE armor debuff - Yeah i know this been shot down over and over but it would mirrior SM as they deal in elemental damage and have a luxury of AoE debuff for it.
If you actually think BO is useless now because they nerfed the self morale pump and removed the CD decreased tactic but gave it a Weapon skill and Toughness buff to group members (which is big btw) then you have no clue how to play a BO.