Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 28/05/2021

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
engharat

Re: Patch Notes 28/05/2021

Post#331 » Mon May 31, 2021 5:36 am

People blaming on NB as being an OP addon are so misleading. I used it on sorc and I found it laggy, un-responsive, after removing it my playing on sorc improved remarkably.
However, some classes are truly a nightmare to play without NB. BG has so many abilities to use that, like someone else said, condensing some of them in few buttons were a must. 10-15 keys to press is acceptable, 20+ is not. My girlfriend, a nice rr80 BG, just stopped playing because it is literally impossible for her to press that many buttons. With NB she was playing suboptimally w.r.t. awesome BGs which are not using NB, but she was still able to play. Now destro has lost another person.
Finally, NB is not granting a true advantage even in the case of conditional checks. At first glance it seems an unfair advantage, but in practice the addon bugs himself often, it lags behind your skill choices, etc.
You just removed an addon which made mediocre players playing better on some difficult classes (BG, dps dok, IB..). Consequences are loss of server population, and increased gap between mediocre and good players. Qui prodest?

Ads
Harrwin

Post#332 » Mon May 31, 2021 5:40 am

yuaa22 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 5:17 am
wargrimnir wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 8:23 pm It's not, it will be blocked again, that's the direction we're heading lacking any significant constructive reasonable feedback
Main goal of any gamedesigner is give players many opportunitys and at the same time simplify controls. Many skills on many keys give many opportunitys, but very complicates controls. Many games were closed because devs don`t understand that ppl don`t play games with very complex controls. Warhammer Online was badly gamedesigned, like an older version of WoW. Nerfed Buttons partially solve this problem. If devs can`t understand this that means they don`t have any normal gamedesigners and its very sad.
What its sad, the silly "explanation" people give for an aimbot software in an online pvp game. World of Warcraft Vanilla, TBC, and so on and widely appreciated MMOs, and in all of them classes had more skills than what we have in Warhammer. Have you played Aion? I remember having 3 full action bars, all with keybinds plus consumables, i remember no one complaining its too hard to play any of these mmos. This is a silly argument, and again what is extremelly sad its players like you making ridiculous excuses for this darn cheat addon(yes its exactly like aimbot, give you the impression you are good). Read the skill tooltips or ask on forums for a class guides(lots of ppl who will help you out) or get an mmo mouse if you cant use more than 5 keybinds.

sighy

Post#333 » Mon May 31, 2021 6:26 am

engharat wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 5:36 am People blaming on NB as being an OP addon are so misleading. I used it on sorc and I found it laggy, un-responsive, after removing it my playing on sorc improved remarkably.
However, some classes are truly a nightmare to play without NB. BG has so many abilities to use that, like someone else said, condensing some of them in few buttons were a must. 10-15 keys to press is acceptable, 20+ is not. My girlfriend, a nice rr80 BG, just stopped playing because it is literally impossible for her to press that many buttons. With NB she was playing suboptimally w.r.t. awesome BGs which are not using NB, but she was still able to play. Now destro has lost another person.
Finally, NB is not granting a true advantage even in the case of conditional checks. At first glance it seems an unfair advantage, but in practice the addon bugs himself often, it lags behind your skill choices, etc.
You just removed an addon which made mediocre players playing better on some difficult classes (BG, dps dok, IB..). Consequences are loss of server population, and increased gap between mediocre and good players. Qui prodest?
Executing an extensive rotation consistently and well is one of the points, which express skill, in the mmo-rpg genere. BG is one of the highest skill ceiling(and floor) classes you could pick up and that is what makes good BG players impressive. Sure NB doesn't supplement game knowledge, actual positioning, common sense, etc. But it still is substantial. Especially if it can prevent you from picking the wrong spell, in your rotation(WE/WH being prime examples of this).

Would you approve of an aimbot, even if it were janky and not really reliable, in CSGO, for example? Because people would find it difficult to aim under pressure or any number of the other reasons listed, in favor or restoring NB?

normanis

Post#334 » Mon May 31, 2021 6:29 am

cant believe ppl wills stop play game because of removing nb? in evenings are still 1200+/- population. what happene in usa time i have no idea i work.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

normanis

Post#335 » Mon May 31, 2021 6:37 am

cairlaith wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 5:23 pm
normanis wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 4:44 pm
u have point, with buffhead u can track immunities, and what kinda they have. enemy give 1 click to switch guard or spam heals. yes addons really make our life good. without tham we will be realy in stone age.
byt nb is making choise for u, u just need put sequences and klick 1111122221111 . also rift has macro sustem where u put correct macro rotation to make 10 abilities work under 1/2 buttons press to gain top damage.
plan b , witch your stances and make life easer to press buttons. atherwise u need tantecles to press all buttons not just absorb/parry/ww
90% of ror population used NB and now they acting like havent used before :)) i read almost all posts; most of them say "i don't use nb", then who uses? :)
bgs/ibs have more than 10-12 effective skills but bws/sorcs just play with 4-6 skills, I'm just asking if this is fair? some of us have physical problems, nb just makes their life easier. I can understand those who are against making simple algorithms by using NB conditions/effects but what is problem about just skill squences? blocking NB but not blocking PlanB Isn't it suspicious? who came up with blocking NB? who plays sm/bo? who doesnt like blocking PlanB?
Some guys says nb is cheat, im against of this; if nb is cheat, buffhead is cheat also cause no way to determine if ur target has immunity/guard etc in milliseconds at mass fight, it allows you to make right desicion. Let's be honest, is it possible to watch ur guard without enemy, tether/teather? Can we follow up effectively groups/wb without enemy group icons or mark?
Blocking Nb (skill squences) just push ppl to use macro keyboard/mouse and 3rd party softwares and i know some friends found a way to play with 3/4 buttons.
i have no idea how make therd party stuff working macros ( i only know assist macro with addon) i dont even know how to put video/pic here in forum.
yes agree ppl use nb atleast once in life, i also used nb byt stopped , it wa son my sm/bo because on nb switches stances byt abilities outside nb didnt so u can spam absrob even u have stance 2 on nb. i started use plan=b again . even its buggy and grey out dont switch stances when u mount (back to 1) . plan-b is buggy and nightmare for long time. i used all 3 indrith page plan-b addons and all of tham are hellish buggy. :cry:
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Delbane

Post#336 » Mon May 31, 2021 7:00 am

Best patch ever xD ppl dont know how 2 paly now so it is so easy 2 kill them 4 me, and on rankeds sc u see onlly monstro aoe maruders xD heallers dont know how to use cleanse and detaunt now it is "w pyte Boże" thx 4 block that shitty addon guys see u in ror

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#337 » Mon May 31, 2021 7:07 am

Ive been very hesitant to post on this but with all the noise I felt like I should throw my 2c in here.

Any automation (in where decision making is done for the player) is botting and should not be done. When I was on the team I attempted to block NB but my attempts ended up breaking all manner of things as well. That the team wants to get rid of NB is nothing new and was in fact in discussion even before I joined the team. With that said though I feel for anyone with disabilities that cant handle keybinds to the same extent and want a simple and "dumb" sequence.

I have sent a PM to Dalen with some pseudo code (probably butchering the phrase in what I mean) to add "dumb" sequence support into the serverside so that macros can be made for that purpose without any need for an addon however, as I have been out of the loop for some time I dont know how viable my suggestion would be (and it might also be improved opp-on regardless of code change ofc).

EDIT: When I say "dumb" in this context I mean just like sequence macros work in other MMOs with no conditionals

Spellbound

Post#338 » Mon May 31, 2021 7:57 am

(Deleted double post)
Last edited by Spellbound on Mon May 31, 2021 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Spellbound

Post#339 » Mon May 31, 2021 8:03 am

Calling NB a aimbot is a joke and can tell you haven’t played a First Player Shooter such as Battlefield 1/5 or CSGO against a aim bot player. In Battlefield aimbotters go like 115-1 while everyone might have 10-15 kills by then. It’s not like a NB user solo handedly is plowing through all the players on the scenario, oRvR or city and stands out as a cheater. You can’t tell because they still die like any other player.

You’re literally taking a few key strokes in play that are very minor in the combat outcome where positioning, timed CC, etc. are way more important than NB rotation... and comparing to aimbot

Spellbound

Post#340 » Mon May 31, 2021 8:05 am

Spellbound wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 7:57 am
Delbane wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 7:00 am Best patch ever xD ppl dont know how 2 paly now so it is so easy 2 kill them 4 me, and on rankeds sc u see onlly monstro aoe maruders xD heallers dont know how to use cleanse and detaunt now it is "w pyte Boże" thx 4 block that shitty addon guys see u in ror
So what you’re saying is you’re happy people are going to quit and changed their play style they had for over a year. Great community.

Like I said, it’s the Ranked players this is catered towards with no regards to the rest who mostly love the benefit of the change. Outside of ranked you probably don’t notice it much.