Recent Topics

Ads

So Nerfed Buttons Is Not Removed Completely and What That Means...

Let's talk about... everything else
ururu

Re: So Nerfed Buttons Is Not Removed Completely and What That Means...

Post#111 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:20 am

Burrrrrton wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:45 am
Does it seem to me or is it unfair to ordinary players who, for example, do not know about the add-on and, in principle, do not have the opportunity to use it? In my opinion, this introduces an imbalance in the game.
This argument can be used to every addon out here. Yes, addons do provide features that can and will be used to improve gameplay. This is what they supposed to do. As for NB in particular, i don't see why blocking it is necessary. AFAIK, it doesn't have autotarget&shoot function, so you still have to see what's happening, to target the character, and press a button. For me, personally, it was a QOL addon that simply reduces number of keys that i have to spam.

Ads
Ishmahel

Post#112 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:23 am

yuaa22 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:20 am Yes, they just leave to another game. This is a proplem with core game design of that type of games - wow likes. Now 4 buttons moba games have more gameplay then 20+ buttons warhammer online. Becose 4 buttons in moba is nontarget and have very complex physics.
Because they choose onother gameplay/gamestyle. It's a choiche.
If this game is about havig a lot of skill and managing them in the right time having to chose wich and when launch a skill this is what asked to be done. If someone don't like this, well this is the wrong game for them.
Kronas - DOK 40/70
Ishmahel - CHOSEN 40/65

Kpi

Post#113 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:29 am

The nerfed button will back, but only for "hackers" guild... only few guilds will be use it in the shadows. And the developers cant do nothing for prevent it :(
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

vobex16

Post#114 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:32 am

zgolec wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 3:29 pm Check forum.

Devs said many times they want NB out but they dont have proper tools to do so. Fo like at least last 4 years... So "all out of sudden" is false :P

...also: i hope they will find a way to remove this completely :P
And I hope that your account will be deleted, your post absolutely does not contain any information content and semantic load. Just your will.

vobex16

Post#115 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:34 am

Kpi wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:29 am The nerfed button will back, but only for "hackers" guild... only few guilds will be use it in the shadows. And the developers cant do nothing for prevent it :(
NB must be turn on. Thats all.

Brakh

Post#116 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:05 am

Yep, NB is still working well. Thats sad it is currently only for the limited amount of folks. NB removal was ill-considered change. There will be groups of people which will have access to it nevertheless, which will only increase overall frustration.

vobex16

Post#117 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:25 am

Brakh wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:05 am Yep, NB is still working well. Thats sad it is currently only for the limited amount of folks. NB removal was ill-considered change. There will be groups of people which will have access to it nevertheless, which will only increase overall frustration.
Yes, some will break, and others will fix patches, and everyone knows what patches are on this server, this is even more damage. And probably the game will be permanently broken. Not a fact, of course, but it is possible. You just didn't have to fix something that wasn't broken. And now it is especially visible.

Cimba

Post#118 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:30 pm

taccr wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:02 am All you are achieving here is reducing the amount of people using the addon to an even more "elite" circle who has knowledge about the games API or good contacts.

Warhammer does not have any protected code or function like other games. Your newest combat lock can just be overriden by a non-protected variable on the client.

I highly doubt there is a "solution" to this without gutting crucial game mechanics. Everything you are doing right now will be bypassed within hours with just a few lines of code...
I had some hopes that they dont double down on it after their block got circumvented within hours. Well didnt happen, so the next fix wont be public.

I am also curious about the new hunter vale. Imagine logging in after a year or so (naturally mssing all this drama and probably having outdated addons) and get hit by that **** :D. I mean there isnt any notifcation whats going on or whats causing it. You just cant play. I would probably just log out after 10 mins because I dont want to deal with that ****.

Ads
vobex16

Post#119 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:38 pm

Cimba wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:30 pm
taccr wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:02 am All you are achieving here is reducing the amount of people using the addon to an even more "elite" circle who has knowledge about the games API or good contacts.

Warhammer does not have any protected code or function like other games. Your newest combat lock can just be overriden by a non-protected variable on the client.

I highly doubt there is a "solution" to this without gutting crucial game mechanics. Everything you are doing right now will be bypassed within hours with just a few lines of code...
I had some hopes that they dont double down on it after their block got circumvented within hours. Well didnt happen, so the next fix wont be public.

I am also curious about the new hunter vale. Imagine logging in after a year or so (naturally mssing all this drama and probably having outdated addons) and get hit by that **** :D. I mean there isnt any notifcation whats going on or whats causing it. You just cant play. I would probably just log out after 10 mins because I dont want to deal with that ****.
Yea

Cornerback

Post#120 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:29 pm

roadkillrobin wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:52 pm 1: Higher experience skilled level player without NB vs. lower experience skill level player with NB = Higher experience skills wins.

2: Higher experience skilled level player without NB vs. higher experience skill level player with NB = Minimal impact on the outcome. I'd say individual skill 99%, NB 1%.

3: Higher experience skilled level player with NB vs. lower experience skill level player without NB = High skill wins nonetheless.

4: Lower experience skilled level player without NB vs. lower experience skill level player with NB = NB may affect the outcome

Given these hypothetical situations, that pretty much only affects a player base who's most likely not experienced enough to be able to determine if of they are playing against someone with this addon, I find it rather astounding that so much energy are put into the removal of an addon that does fix a heap of clumsy class mechanics and combat designs, as well as can help people with real life physical and material challenges.

Your computer setup have a drastic more impact on the outcome of any fight then this addon does. MMORPG mouse, foot pedal, reliability of ISP, RAM, CPU, GPU for hardware lag minimization. The size of your hands and fingers give better range span to keep fingers on movement keys, while pushing SHIFT/CTRL+ ability keys.

The philosophy on what an addon is allowed to do is an interesting one. In my opinion NB doesn't give enough advantage to validate a ban. If it would push a mediocre player to the level of a higher experience one I would agree, but it doesn't. Spatial awareness (excluding enemy facing due to ping) is the most determine factor of combat if you're solo, in a group or a warband. Banning NB is simply taking away a tool, that's available for everyone that feel they need it, that fixes issues with both class mechanics and player issues without creating any real imbalances.
My thoughts exactly. See my post in the patch notes:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=45386&p=482131#p482131
~~ Guild leader of Elements & Elementz ~~

Order: Grombrindal (IB), Gromsson (Engi), Dwaini (RP), Snobbi (Slayer), Khadgar (BW)

Destruction: Xeyron (Magus), Antyria (DoK), Antyrai (Witch Elf), Medigit (Smol Waaaghboss)