Recent Topics

Ads

Devs did you forget you used to ban folk for this?

Let's talk about... everything else
xanderous

Devs did you forget you used to ban folk for this?

Post#1 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:29 pm

Remember the days you used to get accused of stacking guildies in solo pug and would get warning, yeah i remember, now devs actually participation in the same thing for solo ranked

Disclaimer i have nothing against this, i just think its funny how devs seemed to have done a complete 180 on this but seriously i have no idea why you guys are so horny for ranked, core player base is rvr, please turn your focus back to that, thank you.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Devs did you forget you used to ban folk for this?

Post#2 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:39 pm

It's not solo pug intended for casual players.

This is hardcore sweaty tryhard mode. The rules and expectations are polar opposites.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#3 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:42 pm

Also, this is a random pool of ~100 players, they dont coordinate the queue pop but they simply ask their team mates if they care to join Discord after that they get in.

If their team mates do not want to join Discord, you would see 1 or 2 players in the channels. They arent guild mates, they probably never or rarely played together, they could never play again together if MMR splits them, etc.

xanderous

Post#4 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:44 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:39 pm It's not solo pug intended for casual players.

This is hardcore sweaty tryhard mode. The rules and expectations are polar opposites.
So you punished players for casual no big deal solo queues but embrace the stack on tryhard solo, makes sense!

Then its not really solo is it, if your intentions are to have players play together on coms and play like group should you not be encouraging the group ranked instead of this farce of solo queue.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman

xanderous

Post#5 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:45 pm

GamesBond wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:42 pm Also, this is a random pool of ~100 players, they dont coordinate the queue pop but they simply ask their team mates if they care to join Discord after that they get in.

If their team mates do not want to join Discord, you would see 1 or 2 players in the channels. They arent guild mates, they probably never or rarely played together, they could never play again together if MMR splits them, etc.
The server has too small of a pool to apply that logic and you know this.

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#6 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:48 pm

xanderous wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:45 pm
GamesBond wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:42 pm Also, this is a random pool of ~100 players, they dont coordinate the queue pop but they simply ask their team mates if they care to join Discord after that they get in.

You were the one who compared these 2 modes, I am giving you the difference. Small or not, they still queue and have absolutely no power in choosing their team mates or enemies. Yet alone if these team mates would actually join Discord.

xanderous

Post#7 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:54 pm

GamesBond wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:48 pm
xanderous wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:45 pm

You were the one who compared these 2 modes, I am giving you the difference. Small or not, they still queue and have absolutely no power in choosing their team mates or enemies. Yet alone if these team mates would actually join Discord.
Then you missed my point, which i thought was pretty clear, you say it randomly picks from a pool and i pointed out that the pool is too small, you need much bigger numbers to increase random picks, not saying you will always get perfect result but its enough to potentially stack effectively with players who are willing to join coms, which is made clear by the image i posted.

just drop the charade already plz

Ostabenny

Post#8 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:23 pm

Officially approving an unmoderated external discord for cooperation in a mode that requires you to join solo, in a wider community that consistently chooses to pug.

You're trying to grow this mode with new players and then giving the try-hards an external method to dominate and prevent newcomers from being successful.

Shooting yourselves in the feet here, lads.

Ads
thefarthestland2

Post#9 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:49 pm

can't fix the problems, change the rules

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#10 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:55 pm

Never put the same rules into place for solo ranked as we did for solo pug. They're different. One is casual, one is not. If you're not looking to optimize your gameplay and deal with the highest level of challenge, this game mode isn't for you.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog