Recent Topics

Ads

[Solo ranked] voice

Let's talk about... everything else
Alubert

Re: [Solo ranked] voice

Post#31 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:32 am

TheDave wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:28 pm It's your choice to join a RANKED game and not go into discord to coordinate. Why should be a problem if not everyone wanna be casual like you? THen don't forget the importance of this discord being able to talk freely and insult who deserve it without the big brother watching you and punishing.

If you don't like organized enviroment just don't que ranked.
Really?
After all, NB could be used by anyone, it was everyone's choice. It was their choice not to use NB.
And yet NB was banned. Don't you see an identical situation here?
Hurub Chopa 80+ / Wybrany Chosen 80+ / Mroczniak BG 60+ / Alubercik BO 50+ / Doczek DoK 80+ / Hurubek Zeal 80+ /
Misio Shaman 80+ / Maxra Mara 60+ / Alubertus RP 70+ / Alubert KTB 80+ / Mnich WP 60+ / Kregi SL 60+ / Uposledzonyjez IB 40+

Ads
TheDave

Post#32 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:32 am

This is ranked discord topic, why are you even talking about NB? there is no point. NB shouldn't be allowed in the first place at all. Thx to that monstrosity half of this server is not able to play anymore because smashing 1 over and over is not working anymore.

Back on topic i'm just wondering why people are complaining. Ranked is a competitive enviroment and as a competitive enviroment is full of competitive people. Being toxic is part of being competitive (I dare you to say it's not because i'm 100% sure that if you are watching your football/baseball/rugby/w.e team playing and one of the team members is literally sucking you will be the first 1 screaming at yout television how bad he is and how he doesn't deserve to play). In ranked there are people that wanna play competitive and don't want to have people with low gear/ no clue about mechanics. Saying "i prefer playing without discord" means that you are not competitive and you don't care about that kind of challenge, so why bothering joining that que? What you gonna do with "BiS" gear if your approach towards this game is just casual. Don't you like being called because you joining without armor potion/not swapping guard/not fpocusing the same target? Fine, queue normal scenario and be done with competitive people. No one is asking you to play with/against Barcellona F.C if your football skills are compared to a kid of 5 y.o.

Ranked is not for everyone, that's why you have normal sc. That's why in every game you can either a) Queue Ranked b) Do "Normal" and learn to play. I'm sorry but you SHOULDN'T learn to play in a competitive match neither complain if you freely decide to join ranked lacking basics and pretend to not be called.

nocturnalguest

Post#33 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:42 am

TheDave wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:32 am This is ranked discord topic, why are you even talking about NB? there is no point. NB shouldn't be allowed in the first place at all. Thx to that monstrosity half of this server is not able to play anymore because smashing 1 over and over is not working anymore.

Back on topic i'm just wondering why people are complaining. Ranked is a competitive enviroment and as a competitive enviroment is full of competitive people. Being toxic is part of being competitive (I dare you to say it's not because i'm 100% sure that if you are watching your football/baseball/rugby/w.e team playing and one of the team members is literally sucking you will be the first 1 screaming at yout television how bad he is and how he doesn't deserve to play). In ranked there are people that wanna play competitive and don't want to have people with low gear/ no clue about mechanics. Saying "i prefer playing without discord" means that you are not competitive and you don't care about that kind of challenge, so why bothering joining that que? What you gonna do with "BiS" gear if your approach towards this game is just casual. Don't you like being called because you joining without armor potion/not swapping guard/not fpocusing the same target? Fine, queue normal scenario and be done with competitive people. No one is asking you to play with/against Barcellona F.C if your football skills are compared to a kid of 5 y.o.

Ranked is not for everyone, that's why you have normal sc. That's why in every game you can either a) Queue Ranked b) Do "Normal" and learn to play. I'm sorry but you SHOULDN'T learn to play in a competitive match neither complain if you freely decide to join ranked lacking basics and pretend to not be called.
This

/thread

ufthakk
Suspended

Post#34 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:57 am

TheDave wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:32 am This is ranked discord topic, why are you even talking about NB? there is no point. NB shouldn't be allowed in the first place at all. Thx to that monstrosity half of this server is not able to play anymore because smashing 1 over and over is not working anymore.

I understand that u don't understand mr. "Being toxic is part of being competitive "
Bad comms are worse then no comms. I'm curious how many players really join discord for SoloRanked, think it's just a loud minority.
If u like good coordinated gameplay go GroupRanked! Maybe all this players who tryhard SoloRanked are just too bad players or too lazy to form a group for Ranked.

Caduceus

Post#35 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:27 am

Being a sore loser might be part of being competitive, but unloading all of your frustration on others is not. It is degenerate.

And I'd like to add to that, for those who want to claim this is "normal", it is not normal. You're a grown ass man losing their mind over a game that's made for children. Have some decency.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Xerbolak

Post#36 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:39 am

Having a competitive mindset by no means includes toxicity as far as im concerned. To the contrary: in any high level sport (or even on amateur level) "Good sportsmanship" is considered the way to go. The best players should in my mind be considered role models and toxic communication isnt something a role model should bring to the table. I cant see any reason why this should be different in a competitive mmo game mode. Being a sore loser and therefore being toxic towards others that are percieved as less dedicated has nothing to do with being competitive.

P.S.: I consider myself a very casual player (as far as my playtime goes) but when i play, i thrive to be the best i can and if i loose i try to better myself so i can win next time. Thats what competitive means to me. I do care if i win or loose, its just not something i hang myself about.

CountTalabecland

Post#37 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:18 pm

The idea that just because something is competitive, it is then ok to treat your teammates like **** is completely bunk.

As an someone who played 4 years of sports in high school and another 4 years in college, I can 100% verify that you are not allowed or encouraged to hate on/flame your teammates if they don't win. **** talk the other side? Absolutely. Get in your teammates face and constructively encourage them to focus and get in the game? Absolutely. But you can't just tell them they suck/are bad etc and expect it to still be a team 5 minutes later.

Not that this is an especially apt analogy to a 12 year old MMO but someone said it earlier and I needed to clear the air on that dweller non-sense of saying that hate/toxicity is the essence of competition.

Voice comms or not, ppl need to stop being so damn toxic in solo ranked. If you care that much, that is what 6v6 team is for and you can hand pick your other 5 fav no-lifers and spit hate at each other for days and its fine.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

geraldtarrant

Post#38 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:56 pm

TheDave wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:32 am Being toxic is part of being competitive
Mb in small dicks contests, not sure.
Beeing toxic is just attitude of wannabegood players that for whatever reason need to ventilate their frustration on other ppl. Everyone gets mad once in a while, but judging the person that created that discord, which is most toxic shitter i have evem met in playing warhammer i'm totally unsurprised that there is a lot of ppl not wanting to join some random toxic discord full of **** and insults.
Muschroom / Gloom / Iznoogood
Orz Guild
Nr1 Sorc Preaseason1 Solo, Nr1 Sorc Season3 Group

Ads
TheDave

Post#39 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:01 pm

Man you lost the point of the "being toxic" in this game is considered being toxic telling to a tank "You are useless because you don't even swap guard". We are not talking about "insulting" people for one mistacke. The "name shaming" everyone are talking about are towards few "famous" uncapable player that literally are dragging down entire teams ignoring every suggestion and common sense. We living in the era where you can't tell people "learn to play" or you gonna be Toxic elitist loser when you are just tired of clueless people coming to destroy a content just because they don't care or just don't understand.

And again when i'm talkign about being toxic (that is literally result of frustration of countless game ruined by the same known people) it's still towards few known names. It's not like if you are new you get in, you fail once and then u get buried under countless insult. I guess at this point there is just couple of names right now that are so useless, so close to be a meme that they got their own meme inside that discord, and you don't need to have 10 years of experience into this game to start to laugh at those guys untill you are literally tired and starting to be toxic.

To be clear everyone is free, literally free to do whatever they want but still i don't get those kind of topics. As soon something start to be a bit more "organized" or "competitive" everytime people start to complain about being toxic, not fair, nerf this and nerf that. Why GM should be bothered to "ban" a discord where people want to coordinate just because you want to keeep watching ur netflix movie meanwhile pressing some random buttons in a ranked. At least have the decency to shut up and let people "try hard"

oilpourer
Suspended

Post#40 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:14 pm

Every game has voice chat but usually its not used by anyone except some obnoxious player who has an open mic.

This ranked discord has created a problem where you are at an immediate disadvantage if your own team refuses to use it. So now not only are you rolling the dice on what players you get matched with but also who will communicate and coordinate. What is the difference between a whole team on voice in solo ranked and group ranked?