Recent Topics

Ads

How to get ROR population up.

Let's talk about... everything else
mogt

Re: How to get ROR population up.

Post#81 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:21 am

NB is a cheat addon because the addon decide the skill, the player put the skills in a row andclick one button. you say just about the seuqenz, the addon sequenzer do this without check conditions. why you dont want say the tuth for why the players real use NB. NB check the conditions and then he activate the skill or skip the skill, because the addon decide is not needed. the player themselves must decide which skill is useable in a specific situation, that is knowledge and learn to play and not a cheat programm decide things

Ads
mynban

Post#82 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:32 am

You clearly lack ability to read. Just read above post.
Last edited by mynban on Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

ufthakk
Suspended

Post#83 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:33 am

Pls stop to hijack threads and turn it into a NB discussion.
It's really not the main reason that caused population go down.

Jagosa

Post#84 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:01 am

git gud, ty

Schweedy

Post#85 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:08 am

Stagnation is death.

1. The "Balanced" Meta (24vs24, 6v6, 1v1) has essentially been figured out for nearly all classes and excluded exhausted/bored long time players.
2. VAST quantity of useless/underperforming tactics and abilities in MOST classes (worse on some destro mirrors, Shaman/AM, RP/Zealot, Chop/Slayer Etc).
3. Unique flavor builds have been destroyed for the sake of progress and proper balance (ala T'ree Hit Combo SnB BO).
4. Highly one-sided balance patches, which break RvR integrity/cohesion.
5. Vertical Progression disparity broke scenarios. Many Order/Destro pugs can attest to this.

There's only so much abuse a playerbase, especially an "aging playerbase," can take before shifting to less brutalizing gaming experiences.

NB Doomsayers were always a minority. Stop beating a dead horse that only exacerbated and inflated gear/skill discrepancies even more. Jesus folks.
RP 70/AM 64
ZEAL 81/SHAM 66/DOK 60

RuffRyder

How to get ROR population up.

Post#86 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:16 am

In my opinion we can’t boil the population decrease down to a single decision, change or team behavior, but rather the sum of a lot of small issues the playerbase has for quite some time now.

One of the most obvious and at the same time paradox reasons for people hesitating to log or play like they did before is the population decrease itself. Independent from the changes that lead to a small decrease in attendance in the first place is what became worst in e.g. Ranked. People look at the population on the website, queue ingame or group window to find open public warbands - because we mainly have a casual- and pickup-oriented playerbase - and the result is “why join, there’s not enough people anyway”. Realm imbalances make it worse ofc.

That said, I disagree with some but not all decisions that were made, but some of the following parts of the game might have a chance to convince people to get more active again:
- RvR mechanics (I remember there were plans for an overhaul and Bombling collected a lot of proposals for doing it), it’s the backbone of the game for a majority imho
- Fortress mechanics (I remember the team stating they’re not optimal)
- City queues (although with changes to Royal Shard drops one can skip City completely; I’m no friend of skipping content though)
- Gear progression, stats and incentives like cosmetics (instead of removing stuff that allows some individuality)
- There’s probably more but bottom line the community needs acknowledgement that things are being addressed, not necessarily what and when and why, and communication that issues are being known and will be addressed.

Cheers.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

Alfa1986

Post#87 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:45 pm

he sequenser is not a replacement for NB, it is a buggy and broken addon with very low functionality. if it could at least switch adequately skills, could use moral abilities, could use potions, as well as the simplest conditions (fexp time), then this would solve the problem, but now it is essentially a useless thing.
nb is not a dead horse, but quite alive, only now which not everyone can ride on.
sooner or later they will still have to bring NB back into the game, the only question is when and how many people will remain in the game until that moment.
not everyone understands that of course not all those who left because of NB blocking, but it was those who left because of this that they pulled their friends, their guilds with them. sometimes it is enough that 20-30% of players leave the guild and the guild disintegrated, I saw this more than once. and since the game is old and the players are old, I am sure that most of those who play this game have either played on live or even participated in beta testing. the question is not that NB is a cheat, or not, is a matter of habit. if for 13 years people have been accustomed to playing with NB, then it is already difficult for them to relearn without it. an old dog cannot be taught new tricks.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

abezverkhiy

Post#88 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:35 pm

mogt wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:21 am NB is a cheat addon because the addon decide the skill, the player put the skills in a row andclick one button. you say just about the seuqenz, the addon sequenzer do this without check conditions. why you dont want say the tuth for why the players real use NB. NB check the conditions and then he activate the skill or skip the skill, because the addon decide is not needed. the player themselves must decide which skill is useable in a specific situation, that is knowledge and learn to play and not a cheat programm decide things
You sound like a moron forgive me for rudeness. NB was banned in the end of May, population dropped in the end of May. People left. Not one or two but a healthy half. In Oceania scens begin to pop after midnight now. Who gives a horseshit if you and some stubborn dev think it is a cheat when the game is now fully playable during EU times only? No people - no RoR simple is that. You try to kill NB - you wiped half population. Well done, keep it this way and soon there will be none because people will not play it under current circumstances.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Ads
mogt

Post#89 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:09 pm

very easy the player must learn to play, with the own skills and why you lie, never the population is cut to half. you forget so many things, i said it to you, many other games come out, the the lockdown, in diffrent lands go away, the players are more outside, it is easy to say the population cut half, but you are wrong, you want say you are fine, with that, that a addon decide, which skills you use instead you as player decide this, how a bad player you are???, that is the same if you say; i drive a car if the ki drive the car and you sit at the driver seat.

ChicagoJoe

Post#90 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:46 pm

mogt wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:09 pm very easy the player must learn to play, with the own skills and why you lie, never the population is cut to half. you forget so many things, i said it to you, many other games come out, the the lockdown, in diffrent lands go away, the players are more outside, it is easy to say the population cut half, but you are wrong, you want say you are fine, with that, that a addon decide, which skills you use instead you as player decide this, how a bad player you are???, that is the same if you say; i drive a car if the ki drive the car and you sit at the driver seat.
Not sure what you are saying here other than you are ignoring the obvious
Last edited by ChicagoJoe on Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.