Recent Topics

Ads

RR80 is too much power/could it be downscaled?

Let's talk about... everything else
Ullala

RR80 is too much power/could it be downscaled?

Post#1 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:49 pm

Hello,

Being less than RR80 is a chore - having to be endlessly schooled by high ranked players does nothing to promote the otherwise awesome PvP experience to newcomers.
Could the gab perhaps be toned down somewhat? (Reminds me of the RR100 introduction debarkle on live)

Long time player, relatively new to ROR - first post.

Cheers

Ads
redsunbp

Re: RR80 is too much power/could it be downscaled?

Post#2 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:52 pm

You dont need to be 80 to enjoy open world/city/ranked

Schett

Post#3 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:51 pm

Sounds like a L2P issue here

There's plenty of videos of low RR and low levels killing rr80 players to prove it's all fine
Schett - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: TUP / Deep and Dry - Order ----- The Unlikely Plan - Destruction

mynban

Post#4 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:00 pm

pre 40 with right spot of bolster you can slaughter RR80s, past 40 you are dogfood without good gear/RR.

RoR works like Britonnia, it is made for the leet players and they need enough peasants to chew and spit to keep enjoying the game 8-)

Cyrylius

Post#5 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:35 am

For most classes difference between sov and vanq is not enough to justify using term "endlessly schooled". I'd make a guess that you're being schooled not because of your gear but because you are playing without good group, or with suboptimal specialization/playstyle (that's not a personal attack, I'that's how I interpreted your new player remark). While the difference exists, you can play every class in both rvr and SCS in very suboptimal gear, as the game always gives you many other players to rely on. That's in addition to maximizing bolster and getting craft skills up for pots. There's a bunch of ways to mitigate the gear gap, I listed a few, you could probably find a few more, and using/not using them is one of the differences between experienced and new player. Sovereign set is already much worse than it should be for many classes (proof: only for some defensive tanks and Magus wearing full sov gear is worth considering).
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

pvprangergod
Suspended

Post#6 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:07 am

Gear makes a huge difference and its one of the reasons the game is so dead.

Valarion

Post#7 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:22 am

Ullala wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:49 pm Hello,

Being less than RR80 is a chore - having to be endlessly schooled by high ranked players does nothing to promote the otherwise awesome PvP experience to newcomers.
Could the gab perhaps be toned down somewhat? (Reminds me of the RR100 introduction debarkle on live)

Long time player, relatively new to ROR - first post.

Cheers

The devs have done an incredible job toning down RRend game gear and making entry level gear not only viable, but downright op in some cases. That being said there will always will be a gear and renown disparity. My recommendation is to form premades or avoid the content that promotes this disparity. (for example you can hide in zergs or the pugs scs).
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

Draugris

Post#8 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:54 am

Valarion wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:22 am The devs have done an incredible job toning down RRend game gear and making entry level gear not only viable, but downright op in some cases.
Oh really, well that fun lasts until you reach 40, so I don´t know if "incredible job" is the right term
Valarion wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:22 am My recommendation is to form premades or avoid the content that promotes this disparity. (for example you can hide in zergs or the pugs scs).
Yep that´s a +100 iq suggestion for sure, everybody knows that you can not enter pug sc´s with rr80 :roll:
Ullala wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:49 pm Being less than RR80 is a chore - having to be endlessly schooled by high ranked players does nothing to promote the otherwise awesome PvP experience to newcomers.
Don´t listen to the usual l2p trolls, WAR was always a game about gear and renown and always will be. Gear and renown are the carrots that keep the game going since new content is somewhat limited by nature. There are no systems in the game regarding horizontal progression. So I would not expect any changes. Unfortunately, I think you have to somewhat accept that RoR is not really competitive in PvP. If you prefer that, you maybe have more fun in GW2 structured PvP or in Lost Ark Arenas.
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)

Ads
Blacksuperman

Post#9 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:24 am

Personally i don't think the gap is that bad. I see many people rushing to LvL 40 and that is totaly ok, when you have a guild you can join on RvR, SC or PvE...

i just actually took an other path with my BW...

-Current Level 38/61
-Salvaging/Tali making both 175+
-Full Beastlord on hand
-Full Conq
-Vanq boots and Gloves bought via Gold & 250 vanq Medalls on hand
-Gutslime staff (pretty much awesome till fort or Gunbad)
-Spare Officer/Conq Medalls used to fill AH with medium Talisman & earn alot of Gold

It's not the way everyone would choose, but you have the chance to prepare pretty good until you reach T4 and join City and stuff :)

Reach Level 40 with RR 40 and no gear is your choice, but then you shouldnt be surprised you first steps in T4 are a torture ;)

Lerris81

Post#10 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:54 am

the only thing that´s really too strong is the triumpf set.
in my opinion, the jewelery belongs in slot 4.