Ads
Kenshiken

Re: Patch Notes 16/03/2022

Post#12 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:35 pm

Good patch! Thanks team!

squiggastolemybike

Post#13 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:15 pm

Good to see that the management of the server is able to correct their mistakes. Potions should have never been made a luxury. Gunbad-level Subjugator weapons shouldn't have required to loot 20 purple bags nor to waste guild coins to acquire.
Now just need to make cities exclusive to european prime time (weekends could be an exception), since cities are no longer mandatory to participate in to get endgame equipment. PvDoor lovers from NA that were cruising through RvR to first farm forts and then cities for the last 3 years should no longer be given this unfair advantage.
83 Marauder ][ 82 Zealot ][ 82 Chosen
83 Black Orc ][ 82 Ironbreaker ][ 81 Blackguard
82 Sorceress ][ 83 Choppa ][ 82 Shadow Warrior
81 Witch Elf ][ 81 Witch Hunter ][ 81 Squig Herder
83 Shaman ][ 82 DoK ][ 80 WP ][ 79 SL, SM, WL

agemennon675

Post#14 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:54 pm

Thank you for adjusting the prices, great changes even tho I still think getting conq/vanq/genesis/subj/invader(from fort) was easier when gear dropped from gold bags. I dreaded playing alts thinking I will never manage to get subj/genesis after the patch but its better now. <3
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Killaz6

Post#15 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:01 pm

A few steps in the right direction... still stand by my original comments in the post for last patch. Couple points were improved upon, but much left to hopefully tweak for the better! Some examples: I still think the devs should reconsider allowing queueing for scenarios in public warbands. Within private warbands this makes sense, but this change will hurt pugs. If kept, at least restrict the ability to queue for scenarios in a warband to the warband leader/assistant(s). I'm glad to see the weapons adjustments, but pre-40 gear still needs pricing reductions even with the new currency gains. Bring back scenario quests(xp/gold/crests (speed/time to purchase gear while leveling) lacking without them), or at least increase the xp/gold/crests gained from winning to make them more equatable in value to what they were before last patch, bring back repeatable RvR kill quests(reducing the requirements for the weekly event is a good step, but not comparable xp & gold wise to these), allow keep defense quests to remain, or at least refresh the timer if the keep is successfully defended, I don't agree with forcing gear sets at all... even with allowing mixed sets, but if so it should only be after a certain point (post-40 & post-conq/dom sets), bring back gear as an additional potential drop in bags alongside the other current potential drops. Basically, adapt the new system to make it more friendly for new/alt/etc. toons/players. Thank you, and continue the great work!
Last edited by Killaz6 on Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:01 am, edited 3 times in total.

Rochaid29

Post#16 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:12 pm

Just played some orvr for a while and while the ward system still leaves a bad taste in my mouth, I really appreciate you guys listening to feedback on those set/weapon prices.

BluIzLucky

Post#17 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:51 pm

Great changes, thanks for listening to our feedback.

I will however ask for 2 further tweaks :)

First to Genesis, while what you did is very close to my 1-2-3-5-10 suggestion (coincidence? :roll:)..

New changes makes accumulating Genesis Crests 2.5x faster (you can now get 1.5 jewelry for every 2-3 you could get before and once you consider dupes, players not using gold bags before for genesis and unwanted drops, the rate is pretty much the same), so very very good.

And the Genesis Crest : War Crests ratio is now 1:8 instead of 1:16, so 50% better, but.. the overall opportunity cost still seems at least 100% higher than before (open spoiler for details, updated from post on last patch notes).

After having thought about it a bit more, I'd like to make a final suggestion:

Change to either 15 GC from Gold (0 from all others), this will result in 1 GC being worth 2.6 WC (as good as before), or 10 from Gold and 5 from Purple, this will results in 1 GC being worth 4.8 WC (only slightly worse than before).
And please make 1H Weapon 10 GC and 2H 20GC, two rounds of white to gold bags is still a bit much compared to before, it is OKAY to have certain gear come in fast, there's still a long road ahead.

Spoiler:
let's do some numbers on new genesis vs old, to compare I'm using (8+16+24+32+40)/(1+2+3+4+5) Genesis crest = 8 War crests, before unification 1 bag = 8 vanqs, for old vanq set I'll assume avg vanq spent is 300 (of 901 with 601 from AH/gold bags) for new vanq I'll assume full price..

we have 3 scenarios..

1. somebody who just wants 2 genesis pieces (All dps, RP/ZL) and would use SC and/or bloodlord weapon:
This would cost you 20x8 = 160 WC, which is 9.5% of new vanq set up from 5% on old (2x8/300), arguably still a very good price for 2 BIS items.

The new patch makes it so that more (unlucky) players will be able to they want with a more reasonable premium faster than before

2. Somebody who wants all Subjugator weapons and 4 genesis jewelries (tanks, healers)
With new system that's (30+30+10*4)=100 GC x 8 = 800 WC 47% the cost of a full vanq set

Pre-patch this could have been done with 6-7 bags containing 48-56 vanqs costings 16-19% of vanq set (note this is % of 300, it would be ~6% against the full 901 vanq cost).
And by the time you'd actually go through 60 bags chances of you not getting exactly what you want is absolutely minuscule.

3. somebody who wants all weapons with 9 jewelries (tanks, completionists)
(30+30+10*9)=150 GC * 8 = 1200 WC 71% of full vanq set
Before 96 vanqs 32% of vanq cost, from 12 bags.

New conclusion
Time to acquire and costs are much closer, everyone in scenario 1 should be happy, those in 2 and 3 are still in for double the journey compared to before
Second tweak, please make the RvR Weekly keep and fort sieges participation based rather than win based, there's enough incentive to win without the weekly, as it stands this just gives more reason not to go with the underdog.
Last edited by BluIzLucky on Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Gravord

Post#18 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:57 pm

BluIzLucky wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:51 pm Great changes, thanks for listening to our feedback.

I will however ask for 2 further tweaks :)

First to Genesis, while what you did is very close to my 1-2-3-5-10 suggestion (coincidence? :roll:)..

New changes makes accumulating Genesis Crests 2.5x faster (you can now get 1.5 jewelry for every 2-3 you could get before and once you consider dupes, players not using gold bags before for genesis and unwanted drops, the rate is pretty much the same), so very very good.

And the Genesis Crest : War Crests ratio is now 1:8 instead of 1:16, so 50% better, but.. the overall opportunity cost still seems at least 100% higher than before (open spoiler for details, updated from post on last patch notes).

After having thought about it a bit more, I'd like to make a final suggestion:

Change to either 15 GC from Gold, this will result in 1 GC being worth 2.6 WC (as good as before), or 10 from Gold and 5 from Purple, this will results in 1 GC being worth 4.8 WC (only slightly worse than before)

Spoiler:
let's do some numbers on new genesis vs old, to compare I'm using (8+16+24+32+40)/(1+2+3+4+5) Genesis crest = 8 War crests, before unification 1 bag = 8 vanqs, for old vanq set I'll assume avg vanq spent is 300 (of 901 with 601 from AH/gold bags) for new vanq I'll assume full price..

we have 3 scenarios..

1. somebody who just wants 2 genesis pieces (All dps, RP/ZL) and would use SC and/or bloodlord weapon:
This would cost you 20x8 = 160 WC, which is 9.5% of new vanq set up from 5% on old (2x8/300), arguably still a very good price for 2 BIS items.

The new patch makes it so that more (unlucky) players will be able to they want with a more reasonable premium faster than before

2. Somebody who wants all Subjugator weapons and 4 genesis jewelries (tanks, healers)
With new system that's (30+30+10*4)=100 GC x 8 = 800 WC 47% the cost of a full vanq set

Pre-patch this could have been done with 6-7 bags containing 48-56 vanqs costings 16-19% of vanq set (note this is % of 300, it would be ~6% against the full 901 vanq cost).
And by the time you'd actually go through 60 bags chances of you not getting exactly what you want is absolutely minuscule.

3. somebody who wants all weapons with 9 jewelries (tanks, completionists)
(30+30+10*9)=150 GC * 8 = 1200 WC 71% of full vanq set
Before 96 vanqs 32% of vanq cost, from 12 bags.

New conclusion
Time to acquire and costs are much closer, everyone in scenario 1 should be happy, those in 2 and 3 are still in for double the journey compared to before
Second tweak, please make the RvR Weekly keep and fort sieges participation based rather than win based, there's enough incentive to win without the weekly, as it stands this just gives more reason not to go with the underdog.
You might have missed it but now Weekend Sc Warfront have 2 genesis crest as second reward. Also guild coin quests can be done from lvl 1 character and each coin can buy 2 genesis crest.

Ads
Tanski

Post#19 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:15 pm

Great changes! Nice work
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am

BluIzLucky

Post#20 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:21 pm

Gravord wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:57 pm
BluIzLucky wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:51 pm ...
You might have missed it but now Weekend Sc Warfront have 2 genesis crest as second reward. Also guild coin quests can be done from lvl 1 character and each coin can buy 2 genesis crest.
I did miss the SC reward, and that's cool.. but.. it doesn't change anything I've put forward, readjusting how many GC you get from each bags per my suggestion shouldn't be a big deal.
If you don't want to reduce weapon prices further, I mean whatever, I already got mine for "free", if the team thinks they should have some higher amount of effort going forward to encourage certain activities, that's fine with me, but it's not the intention they stated pre-patch.

5 Weeks of SC rewards for 1 jewel and you lose out on other hard to get items if you do take it.

And it's great that guild coins are made more attractive, but in my 1+ year of playing in big active guilds, I've probably only gotten 10 across all my chars after trying multiple times.

So both are pretty negligible for me and still both more expensive and higher effort than before.

Edited previous post to clarify; I don’t want more genesis from bags, I'm fine with the acquisition rate, I'm suggesting to consolidate all genesis crests from 5 bags to 1 gold bag, this will reduce the opportunity cost back to before.
Last edited by BluIzLucky on Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70