Recent Topics

Ads

How do I get better?

Let's talk about... everything else
Skullgrin

Re: How do I get better?

Post#11 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:18 pm

rejndjer wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:11 pm 0% to crit as base from initiative? as a tank or also non-tank characters? :S
P.S. but i still think in image above there's only one DoT, only played SH for alittle while back in 2009 though

No, not just from Initiative, but some can help. Where you get less to crit % from depends on your class. For example for Chosen the best order to get it is Flawless Armor (tactic) > Futile Strikes (renown) > Armor > Initiative. Personally though, I hardly ever use Futile Strikes as I have enough from the tactic and endgame armor pieces. I do however put a bit into initiative in some builds if I have a few renown points left over after I grab the essentials.

The wiki has a good chart that explains the relationship between Ini and Crit, I like to keep mine around 250 if I can.

It all depends on your class and your play style. The current meta seems to encourage DPS classes to stack as much crit% as they can, so you need to defend against that.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Ads
rejndjer
Suspended

Post#12 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:55 am

Skullgrin wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:18 pm
rejndjer wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:11 pm 0% to crit as base from initiative? as a tank or also non-tank characters? :S
P.S. but i still think in image above there's only one DoT, only played SH for alittle while back in 2009 though

No, not just from Initiative, but some can help. Where you get less to crit % from depends on your class. For example for Chosen the best order to get it is Flawless Armor (tactic) > Futile Strikes (renown) > Armor > Initiative. Personally though, I hardly ever use Futile Strikes as I have enough from the tactic and endgame armor pieces. I do however put a bit into initiative in some builds if I have a few renown points left over after I grab the essentials.

The wiki has a good chart that explains the relationship between Ini and Crit, I like to keep mine around 250 if I can.

It all depends on your class and your play style. The current meta seems to encourage DPS classes to stack as much crit% as they can, so you need to defend against that.
thank you very much for this excellent post! :D
i think i have around 250 ini on my vanqs SW, i even put few points in it at renown trainer, because i figured i get more value per point if i only spend like 4 renown points to get first two initiative bonuses.

P.S. i just realized how OP that set bonus which gives u chance to steal initiative on target and convert it to BS for yourself. so above 300 ini you don't get much, but it's nice to have it because some classes steal initiative?

normanis

Post#13 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:36 am

or they are on same sequencer. and spam 1111. previous i would say nb
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

khatred

Post#14 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:31 pm

I wasn't concerned with the crits, I am aware I am going to get hit more often with crits when I am in Conqueror and a lot are in Invader and Sovereign. As a melee however I can not and don't know how I can align such a burst. If this is a common occurance for range characters, well, that is imo a problem.

Parallell86

Post#15 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:50 pm

Well to answer the question they didn't, ranged dps have casting abilities along with instant cast, you cast one attack and instantly follow it up with an instant cast causing them to hit almost at the same time along with AA damage. This is the basics of rotation burst. It can be further built up with DOTs for example, Sorcs and BWs do that better than a SH do but you get the point I guess.

EDIT: Since you mentioned you are melee dps, if you have a channeling ability that can be used to create a burst aswell, when your last channeling damage hits you instantly pop another ability for direct damage which will be followed with autoattack damage. M.dps or classes overall have a harder time bursting unless you coordinated with high damage dots.

A choppa for example can alter back and forth using Throat Slasha and Slasha to let the 3 seconds dot on throat slasha tick its full damage while using Slasha in between. Witch Elves can create a good burst but thats usually as an opener, Wh's can burst more due to a high damage dot they have as execution ability. But as I said, ranged dps have an easier time bursting using combinations of casting and instant use abilities.