Recent Topics

Ads

Leveling sc toxic and frustrating

Let's talk about... everything else
Fey

Re: Leveling sc toxic and frustrating

Post#11 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:02 pm

One thing that has baffled me is the scenario guard placement on RoR. They are too far back in the spawn camps to actually hit anything. They might as well be removed entirely.

Move them up into proper position, and then when you're getting spawn camped by a premade the guards can at least explode a mdps.

Some nights you're going to get rolled. PuG vs premade is an issue for any mmo.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Ads
Strakar

Post#12 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:30 pm

Some scenarios exacerbate this more than others. The ones where you have to hold multiple objectives like settra, nordenwatch and reikland factory at least give you some points and illusion of competitiveness. This weekend and I remember gromril junction a few weeks ago really sucked.

NSKaneda

Post#13 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:23 pm

Dgenerao wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:39 pm
saupreusse wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:03 pm Having instructors boon doesnt give them any advantage. They can only spent as much renown points as their current level (which is max 39 in T2 scens)
that's true, but the abuse of tthis item ruins the experience of new players

Are you wearing armour set that is the best for your level?
Do you have (blue) talis in your gear?
Do you have at least blue weapons equipped (some of PQ influence ones are even better than scenario ones)?
Green +25stat jewels or better (upgrade them to keep within +/- 5-6 levels of your char lvl)?
Green or better cape?

If you answered "no" to any of these questions the fault for ruined experience lies with you - all of these items are extremely easy to obtain (talis can be crafted or bought) and having all of these will maximise your bolster power level to be an even match for lvl36-39s.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Sulorie

Post#14 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:34 pm

saupreusse wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:03 pm Having instructors boon doesnt give them any advantage. They can only spent as much renown points as their current level (which is max 39 in T2 scens)
I didn't see any explanation why or how this affects new player experience. They have no better items and available renown points are limited.
Either you queue for pug SC or you put in the effort to form a group as well, because coordination wins the SC, not some XP scroll, which doesn't affect any combat state.
Dying is no option.

Toggle

Post#15 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:35 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:34 pm
I didn't see any explanation why or how this affects new player experience. They have no better items and available renown points are limited.
Either you queue for pug SC or you put in the effort to form a group as well, because coordination wins the SC, not some XP scroll, which doesn't affect any combat state.
Pretty sure you and I have gone back and forth on this before, but I’ll give it another go.

The issue doesn’t necessarily have anything to do with gear or RR points. Skills, and which ones are unlocked at which levels, can have a huge impact on the viability on specific archetypes (e.g. healers from 16-19) and specific classes. In addition to skills, there are also extra tactics that need to be considered. Is it game breaking for a level 38 to use scrolls and roll pugs in their premades? That’s debatable. But it’s complete and utter nonsense to say a 16 (even strongly bolstered) is on par with a 38 due to available skills and tactics at those particular levels.
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Parallell86

Post#16 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:20 pm

It doesnt. Its all about the gear and the group composition, both can be achieved by you aswell. Suck it up and push through. That premade was being farmed by another premade at some point.
There will always be a power difference between players with low and high level. When you get devastator you can compete with those in r35 gear which isnt that OP to be honest.

A second advice is, try to get talismans to boost your stats a bit and keep your gear updated to match your character level as much as possible. Not to mention, setup premades yourself.

Sulorie

Post#17 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:01 am

Toggle wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:35 pm

Pretty sure you and I have gone back and forth on this before, but I’ll give it another go.

The issue doesn’t necessarily have anything to do with gear or RR points. Skills, and which ones are unlocked at which levels, can have a huge impact on the viability on specific archetypes (e.g. healers from 16-19) and specific classes. In addition to skills, there are also extra tactics that need to be considered. Is it game breaking for a level 38 to use scrolls and roll pugs in their premades? That’s debatable. But it’s complete and utter nonsense to say a 16 (even strongly bolstered) is on par with a 38 due to available skills and tactics at those particular levels.
Why you always go to the extreme to make an argument. When you feel too weak at lvl16, you can do something else for a few ranks.
With lvl17 you get a 5pc armor set, where you should slot talismans in. At lvl18 you can use all blue weapons and jewels you found in sewers/saccellum dungeon. You will have a lot more main stat and health than lvl31+ players. You don't have much tactic choice true but the few tactics you got are pretty strong, stronger than for lvl31+ players. Stronger tactics and skills make up for some of the DMG enhancing tactics you are lacking due to your low rank.
When you are solo you get farmed by a premade, no matter what rank you have.
A premade group of rank 20s farms a random lvl 35+ pug with no coordination at any time.

Don't expect the same low lvl premade to win against a lvl35+ premade of same quality, because this here is no chess, there is character progression and you can expect power differences. Level up your char is how you get stronger.
Dying is no option.

Kloaner

Post#18 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:44 am

If you don't have a group to win SC with, don't waste your time. The game is currently a huge PVE festival and all you have to do is play on the right side at the right time. You can't get gear any easier than now.
AM / RP / Shaman / Zealot / WP / DoK

Ads
Vri

Post#19 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:57 am

OP, you have been on and off game since 2014, you have seen the worst. Just being on since 2016, i have seen some toxic sludge.

Vl4ddy

Post#20 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:15 am

I have only ever leveled with SCs;
So you are complaining about premades in SCs; how about walking into RvR and fighting people in full sov.
Using the XP reduction scroll starting at level 29 and spamming SCs is the only way to get to 40. Maximize your tokens, and get the most out of renown. Most lowbie classes, especially melee are worthless in ORvR. On top of that many classes are not enjoyable in ORvR, you stand around watching people beat on a door, or if you have a good healer you can do some damage as a RDPS. Regardless, I never run in premades, always solo queue, and yes there are times when it gets rough, log out and go take a walk, or log into a different toon, or better yet make a premade. There are many solutions. I don't have anyone to play with, I also don't have a schedule to where I have free time to play during the week; SCs are how I play the game. And I have had my fair share of bad PUG matches, but i've had lots of good PUG matches too.
Sloppynachos, Ronnieraygun, Ronnyraygun, Phungi.