Recent Topics

Ads

farming renow in scenario at low level

Let's talk about... everything else
tejass

farming renow in scenario at low level

Post#1 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:22 am

good morning, I don't see it normal for people at a low level to use experience scrolls to farm the opposite faction and thus gain renown, there are characters at level 26 who have almost 60 renown, the experience reduction scroll should also reduce the amount of renown gained so people don't farm at low levels

Ads
johnnyw

Re: farming renow in scenario at low level

Post#2 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:04 pm

As far as I know u can have only the double amount of renown lvl so a lvl 26 can’t have rr 60

But yes the exp reduction scroll is exactly for this, that’s why it says it reduce the exp gains and not the rr gains, if u don’t like u can pve to cr 40

Parallell86

Post#3 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:57 pm

there's already been a topic like this. They dont benefit from renown points that are above their character rank. Only way to gain access to those points is by leveling up their CR and eventually they have to hit level 40 to benefit from it. You should probably do the same.

The mid tier scenario farm is only to ease the pain of entering T4. You cant expect the staff to tell these players "No no no, you must enter T4 with devastator and preferably below renown rank 40. We want you to suffer."

Varking

Post#4 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:04 am

Parallell86 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:57 pm there's already been a topic like this. They dont benefit from renown points that are above their character rank. Only way to gain access to those points is by leveling up their CR and eventually they have to hit level 40 to benefit from it. You should probably do the same.

The mid tier scenario farm is only to ease the pain of entering T4. You cant expect the staff to tell these players "No no no, you must enter T4 with devastator and preferably below renown rank 40. We want you to suffer."
I was under the impression, like the other bloke that RR could only be double your CR until you hit 40. So in theory, you could hit RR60 while being CR20? I am new so I am asking for clarification.

diedrake

Post#5 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:17 am

Double renown as your level means that if lvl 20 max is rr 40.

Max a lvl 26 can be for renown is 52

Either way, if not using exp reduction scroll and still playing the game as if a lvl 40... By the time you get to 40 your rr is commonly in 50-60 bracket. Unless pve stuff like epic quests and such which may reduce the amount of renown rank you have once hit lvl 40. This is my observation with my peraonal leveling of alts.

Not too sure why people still " farm" renown rank still though, but if thats how peeps want to play cool. Either way no matter the rank of renown, cant spend past your char lvl.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

Varking

Post#6 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:23 am

diedrake wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:17 am Double renown as your level means that if lvl 20 max is rr 40.

Max a lvl 26 can be for renown is 52

Either way, if not using exp reduction scroll and still playing the game as if a lvl 40... By the time you get to 40 your rr is commonly in 50-60 bracket. Unless pve stuff like epic quests and such which may reduce the amount of renown rank you have once hit lvl 40. This is my observation with my peraonal leveling of alts.

Not too sure why people still " farm" renown rank still though, but if thats how peeps want to play cool. Either way no matter the rank of renown, cant spend past your char lvl.
I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Moratil

Post#7 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:17 am

Just can speak for myself regarding the reasons, but I’d assume it should be similar for others
- as others said, farming RPs below CR 40 to have a better start once T4 is reached. ESP. with the new token system I think it’s quite convenient that you can maybe already buy a full vanquished set or even beyond once you hit CR 40. In most cases its more successful in farming tokens compared to a fresh 40 without proper gear.
- the closer you get to 40, the more powerful you feel if properly equipped. You have more skills, more RPs to spend, nicer stat bonuses if equipped properly compared to fresh T2lers. Kinda subjective feeling but as long as you don’t play against premades, one heavy equipped toon can sometimes turn the tide in a sc if you ask me. And frankly this feeling to maybe have a larger impact on a sc is quite appealing to some peps. That’s why some folks already asked for granting the whole toolset if a class starting from T2 onwards, imo.
- the resistance in SCs, due to lack of knowledge of maybe even new players, lack of premades compared to T4, lack of equip (I see soooo many peps with crap equip unfortunately), also leads to a more rewarding play for other people I guess.

Guess these are some major points + others maybe. I roam the lakes solo in most cases, but - although I hate to read comments like this may self - already partying up as a two man group can drastically turn the tides for you. So maybe grab a nice tank, dd, heal should already help kick some a**** :)

Just my 2 cent and have a nice weekend
Moratil

losvtranse

Post#8 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:44 am

I mean, this issue is as old as sc/bgs type of pvp itself, nothing new here. Quite often people would optimize the **** out of being at top level of lower level brackets.
Imho for now scroll should not be touched, but the "pain of entering T4" have to be addressed. If it's not fun and does not actually builds up to fun it has to go.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#9 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:40 pm

losvtranse wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:44 am Quite often people would optimize the **** out of being at top level of lower level brackets.
See it as training ground for players preparing for t4. :P
Dying is no option.

Repulsion

Post#10 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:36 pm

Moratil wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:17 am So maybe grab a nice tank, dd, heal should already help kick some a**** :)
I think this might only apply to the more PUG friendly Destro side.
Trying to join a roaming group as anything sub 70rr (especially dps) as Order will probably not only get you nowhere but you'll catch some snark from some boosted full-sov 30 APM boomer.
Not that it shouldn't be like that, sure, but let's not get a new players' hopes up.

You need connections and some kind of a voucher (your main) in order to roam in a group as a 20-30sth. At least as a DPS.