Recent Topics

Ads

Balance of the game...

Let's talk about... everything else
Shogun4138

Re: Balance of the game...

Post#11 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:54 am

The balance at this point is fairly stable across all classes. Honestly they need to work on new things such as gear or just new content.
Gogo 80we
Mudflinga 81rSH
Zenzo chosen**

Ads
sh0tcalla

Post#12 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:06 am

Re: scenarios with healers

It happens to both sides. I can't tell you the amount if times on destro we have 2 full groups of tanks and dps with zero heals and we look over at order and you have 4 healers. Its already GG before it started.

So it happens to both sides equally. Only way to avoid it is by entering with a premade.

sh0tcalla

Post#13 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:08 am

Adapa wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:25 pm
Kenshiken wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:22 pm Make premade.
There is not enough players to implement balanced teams.
I lfg everytime and never ever any sends invite on order or whatever. I even said I can log onto other classes to help a squad out but nothing. I am alone in this game, maybe this is my problem
I see people seeking members for premades constantly. You need to take initiative and jump in one or start your own. People will join. Everyone wants to be part of one. If they arent in a good guild that runs premades then everyone is always looking for one

shoelessHN

Post#14 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:54 am

sh0tcalla wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:06 am Re: scenarios with healers

It happens to both sides. I can't tell you the amount if times on destro we have 2 full groups of tanks and dps with zero heals and we look over at order and you have 4 healers. Its already GG before it started.

So it happens to both sides equally. Only way to avoid it is by entering with a premade.
The easiest way to avoid it is to simply play a healer, ensuring your side always has a healer.

messerjockel

Post#15 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:02 pm

If you cater a game to hardcore players you will have only hard core player because casual player are leaving after while.
If you cater the game to casual player you will have thousands of player, best example world of Warcraft.
The premade vs pug scenario is known to me as long as I play ROR and by reading chats and the forum it is one of the examples why casual players are sick and tired and logging out.

BR

Messerjockel

sh0tcalla

Post#16 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:16 pm

messerjockel wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:02 pm If you cater a game to hardcore players you will have only hard core player because casual player are leaving after while.
If you cater the game to casual player you will have thousands of player, best example world of Warcraft.
The premade vs pug scenario is known to me as long as I play ROR and by reading chats and the forum it is one of the examples why casual players are sick and tired and logging out.

BR

Messerjockel
Im sorry but "casual" and "mmo" should never and will never live in the same house. They can never cohabitate. The mmo genre isnt meant for casual, but instead hardcore and commited gamers. Its the way they are designed. If one wants casual, then they need to pickup an FPS game like CoD or Battlefield where the growth isnt as contingent on hours spent grinding gear and prestige. There isnt an mmo in history that has ever catered to or satisfied the "casual" or "weekend warrior".

messerjockel

Post#17 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:36 pm

Actually, you made my point. Most of us have family, job, hobbies and they can only play a couple hours. If they learn they don’t make any progress to become competitive with renown rank or gear they leave and we have 1 player less.

BR

Messerjockel

Topdude

Post#18 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:54 pm

Adapa wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:17 pm Hello

first of all, I am really sorry but can't help to be thankful for this game still being around and also a bit upset with the balance system.

I am playing war ror pretty casual, and I think from knowledge of the game I am still a noob (i dont know why i should get gear in some pve dungeons etc)
But I love playing mmo pvp games and there is no other than Warhammer at the moment which deserves my attention.
I just hope my post doesnt get in the wrong throat here (german saying) :D

take care you all and have a nice weekend.
thanks for your time reading this
As a player of AoR for 3 years and now RoR since about a month after the Devs took over development I feel for you. It's not easy to level a toon with the current tier system, renown rewards and gear. It doesn't help to be a casual player (like I am) either as time committed to zone campaigns greatly increase your RP reward. Sadly, there seems to be only a mindset among the Devs of perpetuating team play, giving the greatest RP rewards for kills and crippling PUGs and solo players.
I don't have any insights to give you, I just hope you stay interested in the game. If RVR is too punishing for you try doing PQs in PVE for some of those gear sets. It's a bit of a boring grind but at least you get some reward for it.

Ads
Topdude

Post#19 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:58 pm

Shogun4138 wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:54 am The balance at this point is fairly stable across all classes. Honestly they need to work on new things such as gear or just new content.
Enough new content, enough new gear! What the Devs need to do is focus on basic things that are broken in the game (broken PQs and quests, bolsters, tactics that break, dyes, the locations of where War reports drop you). They need to make the basics of the game stable. Instead of wishing for new gear, which would undoubtedly be more advanced end gear why don't you roll and alt!

tazdingo

Post#20 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:19 pm

if they don't focus on new gear and rvr content then people who have maxed all of the classes they want will stop playing, which is a plurality of the population. i understand the new player pain but you really do have to pay your dues in this game. the good news is that there are certain classes and particularly certain manners of playing them, ie. in a more supportive role that are far, far less gear dependant than others. becoming a killer dps takes a hell of a lot of time and effort, not only just levelling and gearing but finding the right people to support you

we all go through this whenever we roll an alt, it really isn't that bad