Recent Topics

Ads

[DX9 > DX12 PROXY] Further Performance Boosting

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
xpander
Community Management

Re: [DX9 > DX12 PROXY] Further Performance Boosting

Post#151 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:52 pm

CSW wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:36 pm Thanks everyone, managed to get this working and it DOES cause a massive boost in performance. My only issue is that it seems to disabled the antialiasing I was doing through my GPU settings previously. Is there any workaround for this so I'm not stuck in jaggy hell?
you can create a dxvk.conf file into the RoR folder with the contents

d3d9.maxAvailableMemory = 4096
d3d9.samplerAnisotropy = 16
d3d9.forceSwapchainMSAA = 8
d3d9.maxFrameRate = 100

first probably not needed. second and third are kinda clear and framerate is good to be capped anyway as animations are wonky when more than 100fps
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

Ads
Tesq

Post#152 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:35 pm

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comme ... n_windows/

here it tells vulkan based stuff tend to catch shaders around and have stutters, duno if same thing but this describe what i have basically, it stop after a while and was badder in some zone.

same reddit, another users "Actually, this can be enabled on win as well, but it won't dl the shaders for vulkan non-native games. But valve could easily fix it. They could have also sent everyone dxvk to improve fps. This would be great to lower VR's required specs."

https://uploads.golmedia.net/uploads/ar ... 06gol1.jpg

CSW

Post#153 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:57 am

Has anyone had any issues with DXVK causing the launcher window to close completely after a few seconds? It isn't happening to me but I'm talking to someone who is experiencing this.

tvbrowntown
Suspended

Post#154 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:45 am

CSW wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:57 am Has anyone had any issues with DXVK causing the launcher window to close completely after a few seconds? It isn't happening to me but I'm talking to someone who is experiencing this.
they can try making a .bat file in the RoRLauncher.exe folder and paste in these cmds to the .bat file

set workingdir=%~dp0
@RD /S /Q "%workingdir%cache"
if not exist temp mkdir temp
move d3d9.dll temp
start RoRLauncher.exe
timeout 3
move "%workingdir%temp\d3d9.dll" "%workingdir%"

This will delete the cache folder, create a "temp" folder if it doesn't already exist, then move the d3d9.dll into it, launch the RoRLauncher, then after 3 seconds move the d3d9.dll back into the folder so it will launch properly.

CSW

Post#155 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:03 am

tvbrowntown wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:45 am
CSW wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:57 am Has anyone had any issues with DXVK causing the launcher window to close completely after a few seconds? It isn't happening to me but I'm talking to someone who is experiencing this.
they can try making a .bat file in the RoRLauncher.exe folder and paste in these cmds to the .bat file

set workingdir=%~dp0
move d3d9.dll temp
start RoRLauncher.exe
timeout 3

This will delete the cache folder, create a "temp" folder if it doesn't already exist, then move the d3d9.dll into it, launch the RoRLauncher, then after 3 seconds move the d3d9.dll back into the folder so it will launch properly.
They tried going with an ealier version (1.7.0) and were able to get the black screen launcher to actually stay up, but now the game is failing to launch when they click Connect. :(

tvbrowntown
Suspended

Post#156 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:46 am

CSW wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:03 am

set workingdir=%~dp0
move d3d9.dll temp
start RoRLauncher.exe
timeout 3

They tried going with an ealier version (1.7.0) and were able to get the black screen launcher to actually stay up, but now the game is failing to launch when they click Connect. :(
Not sure then, could be all kinds of things. If they can't troubleshoot themselves out of this issue they should delete the d3d9.dll and run the game as usual. Get the game to run again and then start trying to use dxvk again.

Tesq

Post#157 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:30 am

set workingdir=%~dp0
move d3d9.dll temp
start RoRLauncher.exe
timeout 3

are they using the correct version 32 bit version and only d3d9? it shoudl just be visual black.

criollo

Post#158 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:13 pm

Last night downloaded the DXVK 1.10.1 but couldn't make it work, then downloaded DXVK 1.7 and got it partially working (d3d9.dll) , like someone else said, I was getting the "black-ish" launcher and the VULKAN message displayed on it, however after pressing "connect" the game shutdown itself without any warning / message. I tried disabling NVIDIA DSR and Afterburner / RIVATuner just in case these layers were causing some conflict but didn't work. Also tried in fullscreen / windowed (with and without frame) ingame. Tried again with DXVK 1.5 and 1.0 but didn't work neither. Windows 10, i5 4690k , gtx 970 (drivers 512.15) , SSD
Visual-C-Runtimes-All-in-One-Feb-2022 was installed.

Guess there should be possible to check logs to find where the issue is
Andalusian.

Ads
Kenshiken

Post#159 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:41 pm

criollo wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:13 pm Last night downloaded the DXVK 1.10.1 but couldn't make it work, then downloaded DXVK 1.7 and got it partially working (d3d9.dll) , like someone else said, I was getting the "black-ish" launcher and the VULKAN message displayed on it, however after pressing "connect" the game shutdown itself without any warning / message. I tried disabling NVIDIA DSR and Afterburner / RIVATuner just in case these layers were causing some conflict but didn't work. Also tried in fullscreen / windowed (with and without frame) ingame. Tried again with DXVK 1.5 and 1.0 but didn't work neither. Windows 10, i5 4690k , gtx 970 (drivers 512.15) , SSD

You need to launch the launcher with old .dll, replace .dll with new one, then launch the game.

criollo

Post#160 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:08 pm

Kenshiken wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:41 pm
criollo wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:13 pm Last night downloaded the DXVK 1.10.1 but couldn't make it work, then downloaded DXVK 1.7 and got it partially working (d3d9.dll) , like someone else said, I was getting the "black-ish" launcher and the VULKAN message displayed on it, however after pressing "connect" the game shutdown itself without any warning / message. I tried disabling NVIDIA DSR and Afterburner / RIVATuner just in case these layers were causing some conflict but didn't work. Also tried in fullscreen / windowed (with and without frame) ingame. Tried again with DXVK 1.5 and 1.0 but didn't work neither. Windows 10, i5 4690k , gtx 970 (drivers 512.15) , SSD

You need to launch the launcher with old .dll, replace .dll with new one, then launch the game.
I did that too, same result (adding new 32b d3d9.dll doesn't replace anything btw)
Andalusian.