Recent Topics

Ads

BG vs IB - help me decide

Let's talk about... everything else
Xergon

Re: BG vs IB - help me decide

Post#11 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:44 pm

Kpi wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:12 am BG is a great tank, and IB is the worst tank in game...
BG have better damage, better resistance, best punt in game, better KD, better M4, better utility for WB than IB
The only good thing of the IB is he is a dwarf

If u like play in easy mode, play BG, if u like play in harder, play an IB
IB is far from being worst tank... Racial tactic to reduce CC on it makes it one of the best options for both RvR and 6v6 scale gameplay content.
It's not easy to play IB to the full potential, but played properly makes IB one of the best tanks.
Allistarj wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:39 am Hello everyone

Iv been trying to decide on what to play between BG and IB

i like the mechanics of the classes and iv played them both to around 30. my question is what is the better option for endgame?

any advice ?

Ty in advance :)
Both tanks are demanding to reach it full potential. Surely BG offers some more fun options like either SuperPunt or 5s KD from Shield or spammable AoE dmg ability. I would say Offensively BG offers more while Defensively IB has more valuable tools.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Ads
diegomess

Post#12 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:37 pm

Lol and here i see how much good stuff the IB actually have, almost all abilities and tactics are insanely good. Also i've seen IB doing very great damage they can reach a lot of crit

You wanna feel useless for your team that only brings dmg? BO2h... IB is far from being the worst tank and they are the best solo roaming tank for example
Chosen Dahaka RR88
BO Zamedi 80

Cyrylius

Post#13 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:03 pm

BG has great utility in 2H, arguably best 2H tank overall on destro, offering amazing utility. On the other hand SnB BG has currently one useful skill, that is m4 - everything else you can get on 2h spec with added some crit debuff. On the other hand ib has much more utility as shield tank, specifically the class plays the ap management for the party role as opposed to BG and provides better buffs. Also, while I didn't make any tests, it seems that ib has better overall damage than BG (granted, both are pretty similar and damage isn't important on tanks). Overall BG is probably better. They might be close in warband settings, but in small-scale IB lacks some tools (long punt, most notably). Unless you want to play solo specs, seems like in those IB is better.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Sofong

Post#14 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:34 pm

bg snb is garbage tier and 2h require gear and certain skill to be effective.

Sinisterror

Post#15 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:39 pm

BG is certainly much smoother and effective to play and strong in all forms of PvP but same is true about IB. But things like Terrifying Foe which means if you have 450 Toughness and selfbuff it to 560+ and you then Use HS which gives 20sec 45%+ Toughness buff = Always Soft Cap Toughness in every build. Costs 4 career points so usable in every spec. All tanks would kill for this tactic=)

On top of that BG has Best single Target KD(5sec) and Longest KB so there is alot of very nice things BG gets. Core Single target Absorb with Morale 1 that Cleanse everything and regain 50AP and 300hp per effect.

But then again IB is nice as well : D These change's for IB should be made to make it closer to BG smoothness. Make Runic Shield Core Skill and replace's it with Avengin the Debt. Changing Af & Oathbound to 15 Second Duration. Maybe even change Duration to 20 Seconds if used with 90 Grudge, but if used with less than 90 Grudge it's 10 Sec.

Move Oathstone to replace Atd and make it Trigger from Parry if using 2H and Block if using Shield. Replace Oathstone with Strenth in Numbers. Not Morale skill anymore a bit changed effect ' 25% All Avoidances to Party for 10 Seconds'. Rename Shield sweep to Axe sweep and remove Shield requirement.

Oh and ofc Rising Anger Tactic should just be included in the Mechanic like BG has. Makes no sense that IB requires this as a tactic when BG does not : D Also BG used to have Khaine's Warding in Path of Malice;) And skill called Blade of Rhuin but it was replaced with Enraged beating in Path of Malice. Same time when Bg 2H KD was added to game. Give BoR to IB!
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Martok

Post#16 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:53 pm

Allistarj wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:39 amIv been trying to decide on what to play between BG and IB

Ironbreakers are a brick, Black Guards are a scalpel.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Cultist

Post#17 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:51 am

"Easy" modes are Chosen/KotBS, I mean they do not have so many buttons which make them more entertaining and easier to decide what to cast at a given time. If you're still down for BG/IB (despite having so many skills to cast) I would use the Sequencer addon. E.g. Skill 1 - Buffing group, Skill 2 - Debuffing group, 3 - Spammable skill(s), 4 - Punt/KD and so on.
Last edited by Cultist on Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sulorie

Post#18 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:20 am

How about play both to adapt to numeric imbalances?
Dying is no option.

Ads
tazdingo

Post#19 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:45 am

Cultist wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:51 am "Easy" modes are Chosen/KotBS, I mean they do not have so many buttons which make them more entertaining and easier to decide what to cast at a given time. If you're still down for BG/IB (despite having so many skills to cast) I would use the Sequencer addon. E.g. Skill 1 - Buffing group, Skill 2 - Debuffing group, 3 - Spammable skill(s), 4 - Punt/KD and so on.
you monster, everyone knows 3 is st snare

Farrul

Post#20 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:28 am

BG is the modern updated quality of life version of the IB, unless you truly want to be a dwarf/lore/aesthetics then BG is the wise choice. IB deserves a few buffs imho before it can be recommended over other tanks.