Recent Topics

Ads

Any ideas to bring back players?

Let's talk about... everything else
Sulorie

Re: Any ideas to bring back players?

Post#151 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:15 am

Sheet wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:54 am Please get rid of supply boxes at least in T1

When I first joined the game the most fun I had was fighting in Nordland at festenplatz. Seeing that a flag was taken I knew there would be someone there to fight to try to get the exp/rr ticks. Now you go to the BOs to find no one as they’ve run off with a box.

I did not play the game during live, so my only experience with Warhammer online has been this server and honestly if there was the boring supply box running when I first played I would have uninstalled and never looked back. Those t1 fights on BOs is what kept me coming back to slog through the grind.
Nobody ever waited on flags after cap, unless they want to endanger themselves to attacks. In this aspect nothing changed with supply boxes. Boxes force players to move through zone, you just have to wait for them in order to attack them.
As secondary effect they allow you to complete zone influence during times with less players.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Battlefield

Post#152 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:19 pm

Just a thought, many players over the age of 30-40 prefer a more relaxed and comfortable pace of play without the dominance of one faction and less stress. Also need some balance between guard and healing, for example reduce guard damage reduction or every class needs at least 25% exactly incoming heal debuff. There is also an idea that most players will probably not like it, to reduce the damage caused by abilities and increase total hitpoints, this will reduce the tension in the battle and increase it's duration.

Sheet

Post#153 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:16 pm

Sulorie wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:15 am
Sheet wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:54 am Please get rid of supply boxes at least in T1

When I first joined the game the most fun I had was fighting in Nordland at festenplatz. Seeing that a flag was taken I knew there would be someone there to fight to try to get the exp/rr ticks. Now you go to the BOs to find no one as they’ve run off with a box.

I did not play the game during live, so my only experience with Warhammer online has been this server and honestly if there was the boring supply box running when I first played I would have uninstalled and never looked back. Those t1 fights on BOs is what kept me coming back to slog through the grind.
Nobody ever waited on flags after cap, unless they want to endanger themselves to attacks. In this aspect nothing changed with supply boxes. Boxes force players to move through zone, you just have to wait for them in order to attack them.
As secondary effect they allow you to complete zone influence during times with less players.
Hmm... I remember getting passive XP/RP while standing on captured BOs, and when holding it would advance progress in the zone so there was always someone to fight on the BOs in T1, which is what made me keep playing the game.
Keep boxes in T2-T4 to advance zones, but remove them from T1 or only have them generated from player kills so new players can still grasp the box turn in concept, but bring back the passive rp/xp ticks in T1 from holding a BO.
I like to stay on BOs because I want to fight isn't that the whole point of a pvp game? Running boxes on those slow donkeys in T1, for me personally, is the most boring thing ever.

Gatto

Post#154 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:28 pm

Battlefield wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:19 pm Just a thought, many players over the age of 30-40 prefer a more relaxed and comfortable pace of play without the dominance of one faction and less stress. Also need some balance between guard and healing, for example reduce guard damage reduction or every class needs at least 25% exactly incoming heal debuff. There is also an idea that most players will probably not like it, to reduce the damage caused by abilities and increase total hitpoints, this will reduce the tension in the battle and increase it's duration.
or you and those slowpoke can go play turnbased rpgs.
sdk.flm.

"nerf Rock, Paper is fine." -Scissors

Sulorie

Post#155 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:40 pm

Sheet wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:16 pm

Hmm... I remember getting passive XP/RP while standing on captured BOs, and when holding it would advance progress in the zone so there was always someone to fight on the BOs in T1, which is what made me keep playing the game.
Keep boxes in T2-T4 to advance zones, but remove them from T1 or only have them generated from player kills so new players can still grasp the box turn in concept, but bring back the passive rp/xp ticks in T1 from holding a BO.
I like to stay on BOs because I want to fight isn't that the whole point of a pvp game? Running boxes on those slow donkeys in T1, for me personally, is the most boring thing ever.
Do you fight or just stand on flags semi-afk? It takes 2 to have a fight. You get the same XP/rp ticks but players have to do something. Furthermore you actually use the map and have to do more than just waiting at flags, which is quite boring.
When you don't want to run with boxes, go and kill enemy players and get their boxes. Not 100% sure that killed ppl in t1 can spawn boxes too.
Back then there were no fights, just afk players at flags you kill easily and then you get some distance for the next fool to sit at flag.
Carrying boxes without enemies is boring but it is more active than sitting on a flag and wait for endless ticks, no?
Dying is no option.

Dajciekrwi

Post#156 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:44 pm

Gatto wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:28 pm
Battlefield wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:19 pm Just a thought, many players over the age of 30-40 prefer a more relaxed and comfortable pace of play without the dominance of one faction and less stress. Also need some balance between guard and healing, for example reduce guard damage reduction or every class needs at least 25% exactly incoming heal debuff. There is also an idea that most players will probably not like it, to reduce the damage caused by abilities and increase total hitpoints, this will reduce the tension in the battle and increase it's duration.
Jesus Christ and they doing this, all time :)) What a bull*** it comment in topic abut how bring back players. Ofc every teenager wanna play ion game hwo is older then him!!.

Paxsanarion

Post#157 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:48 pm

The game now feels as if it has been divided between three types of players……the hardcore premade geared up discord using folks……the solo roaming gankers in various forms……and the ever shrinking new player/ casual / pug players playing for fun …….who just feed RR to the first two types of players over and over again :-) I will be taking a break from the current atmosphere and hope for better days in the future. :-)

Battlefield

Post#158 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:46 pm

Gatto wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:28 pm
they and gone :lol: and about -500-1000 players

Ads
gobbito

Post#159 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:41 pm

Get rid of toxic players like AEREVAR the we in full sov that specialices in ganking newbies not alone but always with another sov we and a high rr magus or shammy.
It´s not just a lonely day that he/she does this cancer but EVERYDAY
At this moment is killing for the THIRD time an Am level 24 with his buddies.
Behaviour like that stops new players past level 16 from enjoying the game.

GorkaBorka

Post#160 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:16 pm

Get rid of premade vs pugs on SCs (atleast before T4) to make this environment more inviting for new players (there're quite a lot of "new player" threads popping on the forums).
It's natural, that a lot of new players may get confused with oRvR, bolster-molster, etc. and try to learn their characters playing SCs, where they'll meet the unfriendliest matchmaking ever brought into existence.
Premades should fight premades. When lvling new toons (on both sides) it's easy to reckognize "pro player" premades farming pugs in SCs (NB included. Oh no it's banned! i'm lying to you all).

Edit: typos, and the part about matchmaking was a little bit harsh, toned it down.
Last edited by GorkaBorka on Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.