Recent Topics

Ads

Teleport hacking not against rules?

Let's talk about... everything else
Tanski

Teleport hacking not against rules?

Post#1 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:34 pm

For weeks if not months the individual in this clip has been teleport hacking NA time, has been reported many times with 0 punishment. I had 2 separate gms acknowledge the clip and tonight I see him do it again.

If teleporting around the map is fair game we should all be able to have access to it! :)

I know a forum post isnt the answer here, but if the GMs wont do their job when there is evidence of someone clearly hacking/cheating and he continues to do so it sets a bad precedent dont you think?

Note from Kaelang: I have removed the video from this thread. It has been forwarded through to the GM team for archive / evidential use.
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Teleport hacking not against rules?

Post#2 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:48 pm

We've investigated these reports, I've had pushback on whether this is some kinda of hack or bad latency. We've conducted additional investigations without finding the same behavior. If it were solely my opinion, players with latency this bad would be removed for being indistinguishable from hacking. However, we have a single server and a worldwide population, so I can understand why we would need a more explicit piece of evidence to take action. This would extend beyond what a player could simply observe. To date, we have yet to conclude action needs to be taken.

That might not be the answer you want, but it is what it is.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

TrainInVain

Post#3 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:03 am

Wonder if you tried getting up as far ahead as the teleport distance appears to be, if you could then land a melee attack?

Emissary
Community Management

Post#4 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:22 am

On live players did this through screen stretching. I would say it could be latency but when he is running through 2 min before this video solo with a ram, he knows what he is doing, in my opinion
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!

Martok

Post#5 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:04 am

In my humble opinion this appears to be nothing more than a pronounced case of lag. Some years ago I captured video of another Ork riding away from me in Eataine displaying the exact same behavior. I thought perhaps he just didn't like me, or something. That video is still somewhere on my Youtube page, and clearly illustrates the same phenomena. During one period of time on this server I routinely saw such, but never thought anyone was hacking. I just figured it was something with my configuration and turns out I was right.

I toggled this and twinked that, frameled my discombubulator and installed HAL-9000, and now everything is fine. Except he will never open the door...

Wait, I found the video. This was posted to Youtube back on March 27th of 2017. Watch and you will see the exact same thing is happening as you are experiencing now.

Click here to watch on YouTube

Hope this helps.

EDIT: You can also see where I made a couple of attempts to hit him, but the attack wouldn't fire. This, of course, illustrates the visual glitch in the matrix, as my target was actually further ahead of me than depicted. It is also evidence of brain-eating Zombies, I don't know, you decide.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Valarion

Post#6 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:44 am

Tanski wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:34 pm For weeks if not months the individual in this clip has been teleport hacking NA time, has been reported many times with 0 punishment. I had 2 separate gms acknowledge the clip and tonight I see him do it again.

If teleporting around the map is fair game we should all be able to have access to it! :)

I know a forum post isnt the answer here, but if the GMs wont do their job when there is evidence of someone clearly hacking/cheating and he continues to do so it sets a bad precedent dont you think?

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1501352849

I dont even need to watch the video, I already know you are talking about Orcboyz.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

space44

Post#7 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:06 am

"its ping"
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

facundo7777

Post#8 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:38 am

i have no idea about technical details but i have one question.

In mentioned clip player is smoothly moving/running and teleport from time to time. In case of bad latency he should stay and then "teleport" or am i wrong?

Ads
zacflemo6

Post#9 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:48 am

I have quite literally seen him teleport into a keep, he's clearly teleport hacking.

sioding
Game Master

Post#10 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:16 am

Hey,
zacflemo6 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:48 am I have quite literally seen him teleport into a keep, he's clearly teleport hacking.
don't get me wrong i am sure you have seen that, but its not helpful here. We are way too less GM's
to be online 24/7 and running behind suspects. If you guys are able to provide more evidence
please do so.

If you have helpful videos don't hesitate to ping us ingame or in our discord.
OCRANA ...deal with it!
Jolinor
Siolor

sioding[at]returnofreckoning.com