Recent Topics

Ads

New Player and Classes

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
NoNatasha

Re: New Player and Classes

Post#21 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:07 am

I eventually decided on Swordmaster, Liking it so far.

Ads
Fenris78

Post#22 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:45 am

NoNatasha wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:07 am I eventually decided on Swordmaster, Liking it so far.
It's a very good and fun class (also underplayed because "not good looking" or simply underestimated), provided you play it with 2H weapon and Whispering Winds (best group buff for many classes, especially elves ones) ; you will deal more damage than other tanks, while group shield and usual tank protection skills will score similar protection score as other Shield and Sword tanks around.

You only need a good gear (as pretty much every class) and a bit of practice for class mechanic (stance switching need a bit of setup in you action bars :p), but in T1 to T3 you will certainly have a blast playing Greatsword !

-------- Side note ----------
Scottx125 wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:18 pm
tazdingo wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:29 am dps healers are the only truly overplayed classes
RDPS healers with the ability to get away quickly. Aka Shamans.
Shams are already the plague in this game, swarming like flies, roaming everywhere with greater impunity, only followed by SHs for better efficiency and kiting abilities. So much overtuned class it really becomes disgusting, day after day after day. AM is same damage but without infinite kiting/survival skills, that's why you wont see much (if any) of them roaming solo/small group.

In any case, both classes need a serious nerf, damage wise ; current situation is only leading people to play far more the secondary spec (DPS), wich in turn is creating a lack of pure healers on both sides ; you can check the amount of DPS-specced healers, it's like 90% DPS Shamans and 75% DPS AM or so.

Hybrid spec is about fine and allow good support and decent DPS without being too strong on one side. Pure DPS Sham/AM spec is grotesque aberration.
That's simply not normal, nor healthy for a game already lacking on support roles (especially pure healers). DPS spec on healers should never, ever rivalize with a pure DPS class, it's pure nonsense balance-wise.

A quick and simple nerf could be removing the +25% damage tactic on both classes, since high base damage + damage improving class mechanic is plenty enough.
While other healers (DoK/WP/Zealot/Runi) got lower base damage and no damage improving mechanic, they could use the +25% damage tactic (with lower efficiency in the end), at the real expense of their healing abilities in the end.
------ End of side note --------

tazdingo

Post#23 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:23 am

yea i was mostly referring to shams and am. dps dok can actually somewhat carry, dps wp is woeful but they get the better shield spec i guess. there are so many shams of every spec, honestly think heal sham is destros best pug sc class atm, if they have a few they win

also SM is an amazing class, you can go the 2h ww meta build, it's very effective everyone will love you and you'll find a slot for everything, but also try out some funkier stuff. their snb punt is my favourite punt in the game - undefendable, long hangtime. vauls tempering can do some work in the right hands too if you learn to read for the peel. people just not expecting any SM to spec these is a part of it

Vri

Post#24 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:51 am

Cookiemanprime wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:56 pm Guys is the bright wizard bad? I can't find any one playing it until now in low lol pvp.
Or is rare?
You can pump some dps and kill yourself as BW. Bomb build is still good. Long time ago, Order would run BW parties and nuke down Destro with aoe spam but its been years since i have seen that play mixed in a war band.