Recent Topics

Ads

WH : "WHERE DID THE PARRY GO"

Let's talk about... everything else
Skullgrin

Re: WH : "WHERE DID THE PARRY GO"

Post#11 » Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:25 pm

Another thing to consider other than positioning (which I think is probably the more likely culprit here) is the possibility that that your opponent may have had some parry strikethrough, which would give them a low, but not non-zero, chance to land a hit. I've seen stranger things happen in the game. :P
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Ads
Atropik

Post#12 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:41 am

Omegus wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:17 pm (I do not know the exact parry angle)
It has always been 120/60/60/120 degrees for front/sides/rear distribution. So the one attacking you from the exact 90-degree angle will meet no parry.
Nicelook | Obey

Atropik

Post#13 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:47 am

ZEDE wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:49 pm ) that these two "tools" are totally useless in the current playing conditions...
they are not, as someone already mentioned before - you just need to learn how to "facetank". There are several special techniques.
Nicelook | Obey

Templaric

Post#14 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:23 pm

Atropik wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:47 am
ZEDE wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:49 pm ) that these two "tools" are totally useless in the current playing conditions...
they are not, as someone already mentioned before - you just need to learn how to "facetank". There are several special techniques.
Can confirm. Repel Blasphemy has never let me down from the front for many a years!

P.S I miss old Riposte :(

Sinisterror

Post#15 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:50 pm

Templaric wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:23 pm
Atropik wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:47 am
Can confirm. Repel Blasphemy has never let me down from the front for many a years!

P.S I miss old Riposte :(
Which old Riposte? From live where it could do critical dmg and had 1 sec ICD or from RoR with NO ICD but no critical hits. I dont like most ICD's but with Riposte that can crit, has 1 sec ICD is much more balanced than no ICD but no crit. No ICD is too OP. Live War Witchbrew ignored GCD and correct me if im wrong, was also able to crit? not sure about the crit dmg part. But WL Leonine Frenzy did crit and was one of the first skills that was given 0,5s ICD. Pounce did crit dmg as well and pet pathing was so much better.

When RoR added 2 sec ICD basically on every proc because proc meta, i think it was a mistake. 0,5s ICD would be so much better and make WPN speed more relevant again. BW and Sorc range procs worked differently, but in RoR both proc from dmg, Live BW had a chance to proc WHEN you use ability. So crown of fire with 75% chance to proc makes much more sense like this.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Hulgore
Suspended

Post#16 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:00 pm

ZEDE wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:49 pm Thank you for this important reminder.
I actually backed off a lot...
which, for a wh is a height of irony.
this confirms (to see the other future comments) that these two "tools" are totally useless in the current playing conditions... (I mean, that with the book tactics, as on the official, we had a little more "parameters" in our favor)
Out of the context of 1vs1 (so 1vs2/3 etc) the Wh is cooked.
Even in the "guard/healer" context the Wh is often the first to die in wb
I agree with you, I am really tired of playing my WH as I die pretty much all the time. Any tank can slow you and move around you to avoid your parry, and since you cant slow him it's pretty easy for him to achieve that. Other melee damage dealers can do the same (except for WE). It makes this "dueling" class pretty bad in 1v1. It only works against people who do not know about repel blasphemy and confusing movements (they end up throwing all their damage in your parry), but as soon as they get aware of these abilities they snare you and move around, and you're dead in 4 hits. This means that you can win your duels mostly against unawared opponents (usually new players)

You add on top of that the lag that makes people in front of you hitting nonetheless, and you end up with very unchallenging and frustrating duels. If the class could snare in melee, that would make combats more manageable, but that won't happen. When I see the complete joke of the shaman dps and the amount of bugs that exist in every aspect of the game after 8 years, I have no hope the devs of this server are able to improve it in any substancial way

Fenris78

Post#17 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:49 pm

Atropik wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:41 am
Omegus wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:17 pm (I do not know the exact parry angle)
It has always been 120/60/60/120 degrees for front/sides/rear distribution. So the one attacking you from the exact 90-degree angle will meet no parry.
Not anymore, IIRC last couple of years ago there has been a patch to remove the "side" angles", making a 180/180 rear/front only.

Or this changed secretly again, and we now are back to old rules. I didnt got the feeling that parry range was recently less than 180° front, but I'm maybe mistaken.

ZEDE

Post#18 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:54 am

something else ...
parry does not work on ranged weapon rolls...
test today with a WE , the two abilities are useless (from face to back, all weapon throws pass and are also destructive.. the life bar goes down very quickly whether from the back or from the side)

Ads
inoeth
Suspended

Post#19 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:33 pm

you dont say ;D i mean thats the only counter to 100% parry really

Telther

Post#20 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:16 pm

ZEDE wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:54 am something else ...
parry does not work on ranged weapon rolls...
test today with a WE , the two abilities are useless (from face to back, all weapon throws pass and are also destructive.. the life bar goes down very quickly whether from the back or from the side)
Range doesn’t check parry….that would be dodge