Recent Topics

Ads

WH - Razor Strike - Change to No Target

Let's talk about... everything else
medvtank1

WH - Razor Strike - Change to No Target

Post#1 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:22 pm

Right now Razor strike with attached tactic "Sweeping Razor" requires a target to fire. If I remember correctly there was a time this wasnt the case.

Can we switch it so the Tactic "Sweeping Razor" just does - Razor Strike now hits 15-25 ft in front of you up to 3 enemies can be effected, accusation will only build if at least 1 enemy was hit-

This wont make any WH OP in WB fights, but will help make keep fights more fun, large scale not feel as useless but wont actually increase damage too much. Also this would obviously also effect WE's mirror ability.

Thanks

Ads
Secrets
Former Staff

Re: WH - Razor Strike - Change to No Target

Post#2 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 1:42 am

Because of how abilities are set up this isn't possible. It'd have to be set up to have its target type on the ability as AOE baseline.
The tactic hitting other targets nearby is actually applied after the target effect activates.

Dackjanielz

Post#3 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:52 am

Personally i do wish confession was an AOE tree, even if it meant losing the "regen" aspect of the class, but that's just me.

As Secrets said, perhaps its not possible even if it were mostly wished for.

Akalukz

Post#4 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:07 am

Just make it and the destro counterpart hit 9 people with the tactic.
-= Agony =-

medvtank1

Post#5 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:57 pm

Maybe one the Devs get this whole ability rework thing under their belts they can make a second ability with same name and only usable with the tactic but it be aoe and need no target.

Dackjanielz

Post#6 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:06 pm

If they actually turned this into a dedicated "AOE Gun build" where the main strike was like the hip firing animation combined with Blunderbuss blast from engineer, that would be sick....

Seekers blade could take over as the main close range stab.

Just a fun dream.

Stinkyweed

Post#7 » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:45 am

I believe that's how it was set up initially by Torque during the redesign. I remember just spamming Slice (WE) without targets. It was reverted back pretty quickly. ...but I'm old and could be remembering incorrectly.
Stinkyweed SH.86
Prowl WE.85
Blob Chop.82
Babaganoush Sham.7x
Negative Creep Z.5x
Motley Crue WH.5x
Scratch WL.3x

Don't fall asleep...don't fall asleep...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7uxesyQWo

Phantasm

Post#8 » Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:57 am

Interesting topic that came up few times in the past.

viewtopic.php?t=23630
2017 Proposal denied because WE/WH are niche classes and cant have spamable aoe skill (even for 3 targets max).

viewtopic.php?t=27986

2018 Introducing some skill balance and actually Slice/Razor + tactic were working without target needed.

viewtopic.php?t=29808
6 months later change is reverted because "technical reasons".

This shows the worst worry i always had, that RoR devs come and goes, they dont pass knowledge to eachother, so we have some swings of development back and fort. And as changes are implemented without full picture we land up with unfixable bugs, abilites acting wierdly.
I hope new skill system make whole skill balance simplier and being accessable to every dev coming in the future.

Ads
medvtank1

Post#9 » Sun Jan 01, 2023 5:00 am

Yea this is from Change log

- Razor Strike no longer requires a target and will now strike up to 3 enemies in front of you, up to 15 feet away.
- Razor Strike will not build Accusations unless you hit at least one target.
- Sweeping Razor will now increase Razor Strike's range to 30 feet and remove the target limit.

kryss

Post#10 » Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:56 am

No target-razor strike hitting 9 targets was an asset for a WH who played cities in a WB: it was very very easy to top kill/dmg charts in organized vs organized. I ran a DG aoe spec with morale drain tactic and it was a blast. But it was also a very different time.