Recent Topics

Ads

Why not move the server to NA? It would remain playable for EU and improve the experience for a lot of people

Let's talk about... everything else
Kaelang

Re: Why not move the server to NA? It would remain playable for EU and improve the experience for a lot of people

Post#21 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:09 am

MaxHayman wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:02 am Snip
Also to add to the above.

As you can see from the below image, our server is actually in the middle of the planet so it's in the most optimal spot for all players.

DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Ads
Tillirage

Re: Why not move the server to NA? It would remain playable for EU and improve the experience for a lot of people

Post#22 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:41 pm

Geographical centre of Earth is actually Turkiye. According to Andrew J. Woods.

Secrets
Former Staff

Post#23 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:54 pm

Tillirage wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:41 pm Geographical centre of Earth is actually Turkiye. According to Andrew J. Woods.
Turkey has absolutely garbage peering in comparison to OVH France, though.

Personally, I'd think that New Jersey would benefit all parts of the globe equally. West Coast/South/Central US would get about the same ping as EU players.

That would considerably increase ping for Russian and SG/MY/Korean/Chinese players, though. Of which, I don't think RoR has many.

lemao

Post#24 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:38 pm

Secrets wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:54 pm
Tillirage wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:41 pm Geographical centre of Earth is actually Turkiye. According to Andrew J. Woods.

Personally, I'd think that New Jersey would benefit all parts of the globe equally. West Coast/South/Central US would get about the same ping as EU players.

That would considerably increase ping for Russian and SG/MY/Korean/Chinese players, though. Of which, I don't think RoR has many.
Pretty sure ror has a lot of russian players, atleast thats what it feels like.

Valfaros

Post#25 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:12 pm

"Would benefit all parts of the globe equally." --> "It benefits me hence it is good for everyone...."

No 80-100 ms ping for the majority of players is not good for everyone. Like how does it benefit everyone equally? The connection New York to LA being roughly the worst in NA reaches 70-80 ms which is about as good as it possibly can get in EU but instead goes up to 130 ms for something like Hamburg.

Alubert

Post#26 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:36 am

Keep in mind that Europe (Old World) is a center of the world :)
Hurub Chopa 80+ / Wybrany Chosen 80+ / Mroczniak BG 60+ / Alubercik BO 50+ / Doczek DoK 80+ / Hurubek Zeal 80+ /
Misio Shaman 80+ / Maxra Mara 60+ / Alubertus RP 70+ / Alubert KTB 80+ / Mnich WP 60+ / Kregi SL 60+ / Uposledzonyjez IB 40+

thiefy

Post#27 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:33 am

Unless you are a flatearther, moving the server to the center of the world would totally cause an increase of the electricity bill. Imagine the air conditioning the server would require at 5200 ºC... If you ARE a flatearther, it all comes down to how you carve your Mercator projection ;)
yes i'm toxic but i speak the "truth"
(disclaimer: "truth" is subjective to a person's point of view and possible personal interest)
congratulations! your vision is perfect!
rly? don't you have anything better to do?

tvbrowntown
Suspended

Post#28 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:38 am

Valfaros wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:12 pm

"Would benefit all parts of the globe equally." --> "It benefits me hence it is good for everyone...."

No 80-100 ms ping for the majority of players is not good for everyone. Like how does it benefit everyone equally? The connection New York to LA being roughly the worst in NA reaches 70-80 ms which is about as good as it possibly can get in EU but instead goes up to 130 ms for something like Hamburg.
If everyone has a crap ping we're all equal then. I play with a 300 ping. Get me down to 200 and you guys at 180 and you're gonna be screwed.

I was born in the lag - you will merely adopt it.

Ads
CountTalabecland

Post#29 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:22 pm

Maybe I am just bad, but I’ve always played from NA and I can’t say I’ve ever had much lag, nor would I blame the latency rate for losing fights or whatever the purpose of this thread is.

and I can be pretty salty but I don’t think my playing from NA effects gameplay.

For a free 14 year old dead EA game, I think it all operates more than well.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

oaliaen

Post#30 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:14 pm

Say hi to the backbones