Recent Topics

Ads

Weekend Events - Add Solo Option

Let's talk about... everything else
Ashoris

Re: Weekend Events - Add Solo Option

Post#41 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:45 pm

Magusar wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:20 pm If devs want some safe space for new comers- add solo option for event scs and dicordans skirmish only for ppl 60-65 rr or lower, when new good content out.
Good exp for newbies and fireshow on forums by not newbies.
For others-good matchmaking will be better in my opinion.To prevent scs like this. Its agains order party ofc.
https://imgur.com/a/ebHOl3u
Im 100% sure we have another sc which have 5 des dps at same party.
This is a perfect example whats wrong with the whole discussion !

This SC had 0 Order premades
but how hard the dachoopa "group" was chasing me in this SC i guess they were at least 4+

we managed to kill something with a DPS AM and a SW with 0 support and no other communication than ingame chat ! (you can see the DPS Am in the flats and me right at the stairs)

Btw these are the SC stats for this ! destru won and had a lot more kills ...! whats your point here ?

https://killboard.returnofreckoning.com ... 190d044b8f
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

Ads
Magusar

Post#42 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:14 pm

Ashoris wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:45 pm
Magusar wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:20 pm If devs want some safe space for new comers- add solo option for event scs and dicordans skirmish only for ppl 60-65 rr or lower, when new good content out.
Good exp for newbies and fireshow on forums by not newbies.
For others-good matchmaking will be better in my opinion.To prevent scs like this. Its agains order party ofc.
https://imgur.com/a/ebHOl3u
Im 100% sure we have another sc which have 5 des dps at same party.
This is a perfect example whats wrong with the whole discussion !

This SC had 0 Order premades
but how hard the dachoopa "group" was chasing me in this SC i guess they were at least 4+

we managed to lead the kill statistics with a DPS AM and a SW with 0 support and no other communication than ingame chat ! (you can see the DPS Am in the flats and me right at the stairs)

But hey, better blame the evil "Premade" instead the fact that exactly 1 shaman in this SC found his detaunt button !
Yes, i have much more screenshots of this examples, where 8 healers 1 tank and 2 dps, and 1 healer 11 dps. And much then i not screeshoted, cuz to lazy :lol:
Mb its not party-I can confuse the screenshots, too much scs for me yesterday. Also for premades u can meet double premade against one 6man and non heals/tanks/dps at second group, or absolutly double pug against dobule premade. This matchmaking is gorgeou.
Drukar Netherlord
SL 87
WH 87
Marauder 84
Sorc 83
Eng 82
WL 82
Chop 81

madmatics

Post#43 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:16 pm

Not a fan of this suggestion.

First point: this game is ment to be played in groups and warbands. Key difference compared to the super conveniant solo casual environment that MMOs like WoW provide.

Second point: If a „safe space“ is introduced, by all means it should not yield the same results as the organised, ie competitive chad environment.

Sightbringer

Post#44 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:39 pm

Fleetfox wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:03 pm One thing I can tell you is that this game has been pandering to the same group of people for years.

They are the most vocal against these proposed changes for the simple fact that they like/enjoy farming new players, completely oblivious at the same time that this behavior is driving new people away and the population keeps shrinking.

Lets stop with the BS and have a minute to reflect.... you get your enjoyment out of forming your own little 80+ only premade and stomping on pugs over and over.. its what gets you off, god forbid you get matched against another premade, you'll come to the forums to complain about the SC itself, that you were matched against 2 premades, or how OP a class of the opposing faction is.

The gap between a fresh 40 and a sov geared one is INMENSE, even if both players know their class mechanics, scenario, etc. and I honestly fail to see the point of awarding these people twice the renown for the weekend event.

Now that Discordant is solo queue, it should award twice the renown like a weekend SC daily instead, and that would be of great help to alleviate the renown gap faster.

Log in during NA night times and you will see the SAME 300 people playing their mains or alts every single day.

Premade against pugs have to go away.

"make your own group" is not the answer here for many people. I have limited play time due to rl responsibilities and I don't have 30 minutes to waste trying and spamming /5 to get a damn tank or heal when there are none to be had mainly because of the reasons I listed before.
Well said. I couldn't agree more.

Rapzel

Post#45 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:18 pm

Sightbringer wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:39 pm
Fleetfox wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:03 pm One thing I can tell you is that this game has been pandering to the same group of people for years.

They are the most vocal against these proposed changes for the simple fact that they like/enjoy farming new players, completely oblivious at the same time that this behavior is driving new people away and the population keeps shrinking.

Lets stop with the BS and have a minute to reflect.... you get your enjoyment out of forming your own little 80+ only premade and stomping on pugs over and over.. its what gets you off, god forbid you get matched against another premade, you'll come to the forums to complain about the SC itself, that you were matched against 2 premades, or how OP a class of the opposing faction is.

The gap between a fresh 40 and a sov geared one is INMENSE, even if both players know their class mechanics, scenario, etc. and I honestly fail to see the point of awarding these people twice the renown for the weekend event.

Now that Discordant is solo queue, it should award twice the renown like a weekend SC daily instead, and that would be of great help to alleviate the renown gap faster.

Log in during NA night times and you will see the SAME 300 people playing their mains or alts every single day.

"make your own group" is not the answer here for many people. I have limited play time due to rl responsibilities and I don't have 30 minutes to waste trying and spamming /5 to get a damn tank or heal when there are none to be had mainly because of the reasons I listed before.
Well said. I couldn't agree more.
First you have managed to agree with a obvious troll post, gj.

Did discordant benefit from this change where duo was banned?
Because all I've heard is that it's worse and the wait times are atrocious, at least during NA/SEA.

Moreover I am waiting for proof of these 80+ full sov 6 man "psychopath" groups that keeps queuing 24/7 that the rest of us haven't seen.

Shanell

Post#46 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:17 pm

Akilinus wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:50 pm What is stopping you from playing in a group?
Lack of time and inner strenght to gather up party of random people and play with them in discord only to see 1-2 leave after first fight. I am not 14 anymore and can't play RoR all day long.
In fact I haven't player RoR in a while because of this time issue
BG Kecis | Magus Zechariah | Chosen Kastul

zoccolo

Post#47 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:49 pm

I agree

There used to be a private server on which you could play a glorious MMORPG for free. This server was virtually bug-free, it was also very stable, and it had a community of passionate players of all kinds. One day, for reasons we are not going to investigate, the casual player base began to decline. It dropped so much that today the server has a handful of active players, despite being even more perfect in stability and bugs. Follow the link, go read the latest forum posts as well

https://www2.uthgard.net/

As many have already said, the only resource a game needs is players, and especially new players who join. The how to do it I don't know, but to see that many of us still don't get it and push in a direction that is definitely against it pisses me off, because in the end you will be the only ones left, you will end up in Emain doing 8vs8 and taking turns logging characters from other realms if people are missing.

Ashoris

Post#48 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:34 pm

zoccolo wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:49 pm There used to be a private server on which you could play a glorious MMORPG for free. This server was virtually bug-free, it was also very stable, and it had a community of passionate players of all kinds. One day, for reasons we are not going to investigate, the casual player base began to decline. It dropped so much that today the server has a handful of active players, despite being even more perfect in stability and bugs. Follow the link, go read the latest forum posts as well
that Server was far away from bugfree, and had a totally different community :) but PvP wise it was pretty small
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

Ads
oaliaen

Post#49 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:43 am

zoccolo wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:49 pm

I agree

There used to be a private server on which you could play a glorious MMORPG for free. This server was virtually bug-free, it was also very stable, and it had a community of passionate players of all kinds. One day, for reasons we are not going to investigate, the casual player base began to decline. It dropped so much that today the server has a handful of active players, despite being even more perfect in stability and bugs. Follow the link, go read the latest forum posts as well

https://www2.uthgard.net/

As many have already said, the only resource a game needs is players, and especially new players who join. The how to do it I don't know, but to see that many of us still don't get it and push in a direction that is definitely against it pisses me off, because in the end you will be the only ones left, you will end up in Emain doing 8vs8 and taking turns logging characters from other realms if people are missing.
And this is what WhiteKnights dont want to see...

Rapzel

Post#50 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:13 am

zoccolo wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:49 pm There used to be a private server on which you could play a glorious MMORPG for free ... One day, for reasons we are not going to investigate, the casual player base began to decline.
Why are you not going to investigate that? Because AFAIK the reason why Uthgard died was because of it's atrocious grind, "strange" choices when it came to RNG design, the realm lock, lack of additional content, and a server wipe.
zoccolo wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:49 pm It dropped so much that today the server has a handful of active players, despite being even more perfect in stability and bugs.

Even the Uthgard devs admit that it's not bug free.
zoccolo wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:49 pm As many have already said, the only resource a game needs is players, and especially new players who join. The how to do it I don't know, but to see that many of us still don't get it and push in a direction that is definitely against it pisses me off, because in the end you will be the only ones left, you will end up in Emain doing 8vs8 and taking turns logging characters from other realms if people are missing.
So new players will en masse leave the game, due to there not existing a solo weekend scenario queue?
Forget the fact that they get tossed into RvR T4 at rank 16.
Forget the blob mentality that exist among "RvR" players who group up and stack 3-4 wbs on each other.
Forget the stagnated meta, where no balance change has been made in literal years.
Forget the misalignment in players wishes and devs' visions.
Forget the lack of quality guides that explain the game to new players.
It's those 6 mans that plays one scenario from friday to sunday that will ultimately kill the population.