Recent Topics

Ads

Weekend Warfront

Let's talk about... everything else
Everdin

Re: Weekend Warfront

Post#31 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:51 am

Talladego wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:41 am Same old complaint that has gone unaddressed by the devs for years now. At this point us casual players just have to accept that we are nothing but renown piñatas for organized players. After all the only reason anyone forms a premade is to farm pugs for easy renown. If no solo players ever queued, SC's would be as dead as ranked. Best tip: form a premade or play something else.
viewtopic.php?t=50390
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Ads
lemao

Post#32 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:58 am

Yawn, another post full of pug players who refuse to group up in an MMO.
Keep them coming.

Scottx125

Post#33 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:12 pm

The basic problem is there's no match making, which is in the pipeline. But not until after the skill system is done.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

ilferro

Post#34 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:13 pm

The basic problem is that despite all these years people still don't understand how to play scenarios.
I see people running away for no reason and mates going afk after a minute complaining that party members don't get flags.
The problem is the player base, not the mechanics of the scenarios. We should try to play smarter before start complaining about balance.
Some people, sometimes, deserve to lose.
Fbr|Faber [CNTK]
"Three things make The Empire great: faith, steel and gunpowder" - Magnus the Pious

Sulorie

Post#35 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:39 pm

The teams who lose deserve to lose, period. They lose for avoidable reasons. Before calling out premades, fix your own misplay.
Those rewards are not for participation only, you have to work for it by playing more coordinated and better overall than your enemy. If you can't finish event as solo player, then accept that you can't get everything solo.
Dying is no option.

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#36 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:03 am

this isn't a game, it's a job and you have to work for it. lock the thread.

Sulorie

Post#37 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:12 am

rejndjer wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:03 am this isn't a game, it's a job and you have to work for it. lock the thread.
Say "effort", not every work is similar to your day job.
You want something which is locked behind some requirements? Skip it or do what is required.
Dying is no option.

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#38 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:05 am

if that's the case then you should make weekend sc not queueable by solos. :)

Ads
Morradin

Post#39 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:44 am

I learned to play this game on live where playing solo was not punished. I have being playing RoR (on and off) since it launched. In all that time I have joined a 2-2-2 group maybe ... four or five times, for a weekend sc event on RoR, and only 2 times on live.

I play SOLO...
I am not a very good player, skill wise.

On a weekend (Friday morning NA est to Sunday morning NA est) I will play an average of 3 to 4 hrs a day. On a lazy weekend or a weekend where I have other real world plans I put FOUR toons through the weekend scenario. Some weekends, especially in winter when there is nothing to do, I will go EIGHT toons. But mostly, just 4.

It is NOT that hard to do.

Sulorie

Post#40 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:00 am

rejndjer wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:05 am if that's the case then you should make weekend sc not queueable by solos. :)
Why would you remove the option for solo players to join? :)
It takes longer to finish when you play without a group but it is still possible to complete solo.
When you don't want to face groups as solo player, skip it. Everyone has the choice.
When the reward looks too nice to skip, you have 2 options, spend a lot time solo - unless you happen to be on the winning side regularly - or try to make or find a party.
There isn't much else to say about those weekend SC, they are intended for people to come together in groups and still solo players can join if they like to.
Dying is no option.