Recent Topics

Ads

More PvP oriented server

Let's talk about... everything else
Mile548

More PvP oriented server

Post#1 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:03 am

Complete PvP server

Haven't player for the past few years cause of work and personal time.

I have seen a lot of changes for the better or worse on the server regarding PvP balance especially the leveling part.

Should they drop the leveling part as it becomes tedious and repetitive, and give an option for instant lvl 40 with some basic starting PvP gear.
This is after all a PvP oriented game.

Would this attract more people ?

Ads
Lenhartj

Re: More PvP oriented server

Post#2 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:39 am

Not sure matey

Wiede

Post#3 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:15 am

Nah, another server that shall not be named tried exactly this (starting 40/40 in IC) and it was a total mess.

No one except a few guys even knew how to play their class properly and switched back and forth...

People got bored of that newbfest pretty fast.

Dont try to make a moba or something shitty out of a MmoRPG

Minisynn

Post#4 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:46 am

Instant gratification much like in the rest of life never bodes well in the long term

The time investment spent levelling and learning a class is part of what bonds you to your characters and helps you learn the classes in approachable chunks while you're having your kit slowly introduced to you.

Take that away and you're left with a glorified MOBA, and even more people who have no idea what they're doing than there already are

Also I really enjoy levelling alts so I'm biased, but yeah I would hate for this to be a thing
Engineer enjoyer | Finnbarr/Fionnbharr | Finnmarr/Fionnbharra | Nightmare | Youtube

cristofer

Post#5 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:35 pm

No, levelling is fun, gearing up is fun. A level 16 can go toe to toe with a level 40 thanks to bolster, so why rush to 40?

Absinth

Post#6 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:36 pm

I believe that if fast progress was to be added it should be gated in some way, for example you can use it at lv16 to boost yourself to lv40 but you can do it only once per any character you have at rr80 (soo you still have to farm your first char to lv40 manually and after you reach rr80 you can boost one character to lv40, then it has to reach rr80 soo that you can boost another one.). This way players still will be forced to learn the game while being able to speed up the most mundane part of leveling up, especially if character you picked gets most of their core skills near lv40.
Shinee DOK | 40/82
YellowGuard BG | 40/62
NuclearBombs SORC | 40/40

Self-proclaimed PVE and Fashionhammer expert

Alubert

Post#7 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:28 pm

This is after all a PvP oriented game.

That's why you can level up by doing only pvp.

In general, leveling in the current state of the game is made easy and trivial. By unifying the "War crests" currency, you will always have the equipment that corresponds to your level. If you are willing to sacrifice and make an extra few short pve outings to thanks to the "wards" system you will be able to skip the armor sets that don't suit you and buy only the ones you are interested in saving lots of "war crests" along the way.
My friend leveled from level 1 to 74 took a week and a few days gaining in that time the right equipment for him (of course he played non-stop:))

Since you write like that you probably didn't play the original WAR, where leveling up took ages.

We don't want to make RoR into something along the lines of a MOBA (there are such games already, quite good ones, by the way). RoR is unique and leveling is part of every MMO. It may surprise you, but is gaining more levels or equipment or cosmetics (fashionhammer) is a goal without which the vast majority of players would leave the game.
Hurub Chopa 80+ / Wybrany Chosen 80+ / Mroczniak BG 60+ / Alubercik BO 50+ / Doczek DoK 80+ / Hurubek Zeal 80+ /
Misio Shaman 80+ / Maxra Mara 60+ / Alubertus RP 70+ / Alubert KTB 80+ / Mnich WP 60+ / Kregi SL 60+ / Uposledzonyjez IB 40+

yhani

Post#8 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:46 pm

1) quality of people is more important than rush hours for two weeks
2) you already got your basic stuff and skills when you leave starting area

you should listen veterans and those who got will to train are better students than those who want high level stuff and does nothing for the team
Vadhal - kotbs rr80+

Ads
zulnam

Post#9 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:05 pm

Maybe you want to rephrase that. This is a complete PvP server.

You can go from level 1 to level 40 by exclusively doing pvp, both instasnced and open world.

Hell, it's recommended.

Some of the older pvpers will tell you that pre-40 pvp is actually much more fun, instanced that is, due to the gear cap being much lower. Whereas at 40 you have set over set over set over set over set. (anni > conq > vanq > inv > war/sov).

It's why they removed the XP debuff scrolls. Experienced players were abusing the hell out of them, essentially farming newbies. It was pretty common for a really dedicated pvper to reach level 40 with renown rank 60+.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

MedV

Post#10 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:01 pm

If you have a new class at level 40 automatically you have 40 buttons you have no idea what they do. Leveling and getting new abilities in chunks let you learn the class slowly. It makes you feel invested in the growth of the toon and helps you understand the class better.

What will happen is youll get people who have no idea how to play a class get absolutely destroyed and be like this class sucks lets try the next over and over until they quit.

Hell I have some rr80 full sov toons and when I go back to play them it takes me some time to remember what they do and the rotation.
The King.