Recent Topics

Ads

Should we be worried...?

Let's talk about... everything else
Lithenir

Re: Should we be worried...?

Post#11 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:15 am

Omegus wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:50 pm I know, it's the fan-made "9th edition" of Warhammer Fantasy Battles after GW stopped the official game with 8th editio/End Times. GW are now making a new tabletop wargame set in the Warhammer Fantasy world so 9th age will now be on their radar, especially if they're using GW art/assets. I always thought 9th Age was being smart and avoiding using any GW stuff directly but clearly not.

edit: actually, is this a new C&D or something that happened in the past? I can't find anything on the 2 links you put (the blog and the random discord which isn't public)
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... Letter.pdf

I hope this helps, as I am too stupid to put a picture of it in here.

It basically says, that he is supposed to get rid of the artwork and lore and make the "unofficial" more prominent. He can continue otherwise.
Yes it is new, it happened yesterday.

GW was well aware of Warhammer Armies Project for a long time. Last year or so GW made a sruvey like "which non-warhammer tabletop do you play most" and even added Warhammer Armies Project to the list. So they knew. He did the Project for 13 years.

My guess is, that the release of the old world is close and GW wants to avoid confusion. Heck I bet they owe Warhammer Armies Project a lot of miniature sales.

Ads