Faction Imbalance

Let's talk about... everything else
Detangler

Re: Faction Imbalance

Post#121 » Sat Jul 01, 2023 12:01 am

Phantasm wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:16 pm
Ninjagon wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:36 pm
... GtdC gives NO IMMUNITY at all !!!

... NO. You CANNOT parry/block/dodge while in the air. Your defense while in the air is non existed.
Next time when you share your knowledge on a forum where new players can read it and take it as a fact - make sure you know what you talking about.

GTDC immunity
https://youtu.be/a-LsQsAqBYk?t=119

Air Parry
https://youtu.be/m1UvUaeHESQ?t=7

Edit: clips arent playable, had to use full links.
+1 for more visibility so people stop posting things that are completely wrong. Thank you for posting these clips. Can I also point out how SHORT the flight time is on GtdC? Someone please use a stopwatch and tell me if its less or more than a 1/4 of a second.

Waiting for a response from Ninjagon on this...
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Ads
Asderas27

Post#122 » Sat Jul 01, 2023 1:58 am

Maybe alliance of Order guilds needs to get together and have another discussion with r0r devs like they had to for "fixing" lotd and understand how game mechanics actually work ))
@Ninjagon
The Unlikely Plan
Ramjumper - Knight of the Blazing Sun
Shewhispers - Swordmaster
Punishingknock - Ironbreaker
TUP
Bellowabuser - Chosen
Moralepumper - Black Orc
Mindkiller - Blackguard

jbrutal

Post#123 » Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:55 am

Friday Night- 1wb private 1 organized vs 0 wbs on order this isn't a faction issue its player behavior. i don't get the making a 2v2v2 on the zerg side at all and seems to always happen.

Janner

Post#124 » Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:21 am

jbrutal wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:55 am Friday Night- 1wb private 1 organized vs 0 wbs on order this isn't a faction issue its player behavior. i don't get the making a 2v2v2 on the zerg side at all and seems to always happen.
Well the difference is I, Howser, have been taking a break from ror these past couple days for personal reasons. Note in this thread a few days ago I predicted and encouraged destro to take advantage of this and push zones and keeps, and now destro has indeed dominated during NA hours. Congrats to destro. But if I come back and start leading wbs on order again, you'll notice things going back to where they were before.

jbrutal

Post#125 » Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:08 am

Janner wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:21 am
jbrutal wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:55 am Friday Night- 1wb private 1 organized vs 0 wbs on order this isn't a faction issue its player behavior. i don't get the making a 2v2v2 on the zerg side at all and seems to always happen.
Well the difference is I, Howser, have been taking a break from ror these past couple days for personal reasons. Note in this thread a few days ago I predicted and encouraged destro to take advantage of this and push zones and keeps, and now destro has indeed dominated during NA hours. Congrats to destro. But if I come back and start leading wbs on order again, you'll notice things going back to where they were before.
Nope 1 hour later order now has pugs and 1 organised wb versus 1 destro pug always a tryhard tipping the scale

Nameless

Post#126 » Sat Jul 01, 2023 7:16 am

Detangler wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 12:01 am
Phantasm wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:16 pm
Ninjagon wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:36 pm
... GtdC gives NO IMMUNITY at all !!!

... NO. You CANNOT parry/block/dodge while in the air. Your defense while in the air is non existed.
Next time when you share your knowledge on a forum where new players can read it and take it as a fact - make sure you know what you talking about.

GTDC immunity
https://youtu.be/a-LsQsAqBYk?t=119

Air Parry
https://youtu.be/m1UvUaeHESQ?t=7

Edit: clips arent playable, had to use full links.
+1 for more visibility so people stop posting things that are completely wrong. Thank you for posting these clips. Can I also point out how SHORT the flight time is on GtdC? Someone please use a stopwatch and tell me if its less or more than a 1/4 of a second.

Waiting for a response from Ninjagon on this...
Gtdc gives immunities however ppl reported some odd behavior when the skill bugged somehow and you got double pulled. So ppl wrongly assume it doesnt give immunity while the skill must bugged out.

While in air you cant defend, that is something that devs confirm the clip that mara seems to parry midair is prolly server desynchronised when you see you are at air but for the server you are at the floor.
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Akalukz

Post#127 » Sat Jul 01, 2023 1:10 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 3:10 pm
CountTalabecland wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:34 am You all can give anecdotes and talk about how great the AAO system, the actual results of how people play the game speak for themselves.

If AAO didn't feel like a pity reward for getting stomped, then people would make more use of it. Its been around for a long time now and hasn't changed the balance.

Wishful thinking that it will, but dead live WAR and low population RoR demonstrate the issue.
Truth is people don't care about the AAO reward. You can't make use of it if the enemy keeps stomping you again and again. Plus, even if you could. Why would anyone subject themselves to getting smashed again and again because they're outnumbered? They won't. They'll swap sides, do something else or log off.
This is it 100% One side or the other finally gets a few groups going, then all the people on the other side start war camp camping. LIke really? That's fun? There are certain WB leaders that do nothing but sit in front of the opposiing sides WC and kill every single person trying to leave. I mean that totally makes me want to run out there because AAO!!!!!
-= Agony =-

Ninjagon

Post#128 » Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:12 pm

CyunUnderis wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:56 pm Everybody can survive during a blob fight. You need to communicate with your parties/WB, not engage when your defensive tool are on CD and position yourself so that you can't get pulled. Sure, this is not simple, but everyone can learn this. This is not like this game is new and the player base is only filled by new players.

You come from an experienced guild, full of experienced players, who have been playing the game for a long time. However, you still do not seem to have mastered certain concepts and it is frankly a pity.
- You do not play Order much, right? Because that way you would know, that you will be pulled cca 50x during one session night, and there is nothing you can do against, except stay on range (which is no option for melee characters). It is frankly a pity if you do not know that, mister CyunUnderis.
- And if you state, that "Everybody can survive during a blob fight", then I am sorry, but no argument can help you.

- If Gtdc gives immunity, then I was wrong with that. But if it does, then the immunity is not working properly. I was double-pulled from 2 different choppas during like 3-5 seconds (this happened in Lost Temple of Isha scenario). Point is that it can (and will) happen again.

- You cannot block/parry/dodge while in the air! The video posted is somehow buggy and the game probably calculated, that the defending marauder (Theoddone) was still standing on the edge of a cliff.

Maybe it is you CyunUnderis, Phantasm, Acidic, Detangler, and off course my favorite Asderas27 from TUP, that you need a bit deeper understanding of the game mechanics.

/wave
Ninjab - The White Lion. RETRIBUTION / DEVASTATION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - Knight, Ninjagon - BW / Ninjamar - mara, Khaininja - DoK
Spoiler:

Ads
Ninjagon

Post#129 » Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:19 pm

Asderas27 wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 1:58 am Maybe alliance of Order guilds needs to get together and have another discussion with r0r devs like they had to for "fixing" lotd and understand how game mechanics actually work ))
@Ninjagon
You did not liked LotD from yesterday?
I did, it was nice fight.
I think that recent LotD changes are good for everyone.
Ninjab - The White Lion. RETRIBUTION / DEVASTATION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - Knight, Ninjagon - BW / Ninjamar - mara, Khaininja - DoK
Spoiler:

Detangler

Post#130 » Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:43 pm

Ninjagon wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:12 pm
CyunUnderis wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:56 pm Everybody can survive during a blob fight. You need to communicate with your parties/WB, not engage when your defensive tool are on CD and position yourself so that you can't get pulled. Sure, this is not simple, but everyone can learn this. This is not like this game is new and the player base is only filled by new players.

You come from an experienced guild, full of experienced players, who have been playing the game for a long time. However, you still do not seem to have mastered certain concepts and it is frankly a pity.
- You do not play Order much, right? Because that way you would know, that you will be pulled cca 50x during one session night, and there is nothing you can do against, except stay on range (which is no option for melee characters). It is frankly a pity if you do not know that, mister CyunUnderis.
- And if you state, that "Everybody can survive during a blob fight", then I am sorry, but no argument can help you.

- If Gtdc gives immunity, then I was wrong with that. But if it does, then the immunity is not working properly. I was double-pulled from 2 different choppas during like 3-5 seconds (this happened in Lost Temple of Isha scenario). Point is that it can (and will) happen again.

- You cannot block/parry/dodge while in the air! The video posted is somehow buggy and the game probably calculated, that the defending marauder (Theoddone) was still standing on the edge of a cliff.

Maybe it is you CyunUnderis, Phantasm, Acidic, Detangler, and off course my favorite Asderas27 from TUP, that you need a bit deeper understanding of the game mechanics.

/wave
There is no helping people like you. There is a certain joy in being oblivious, I guess...
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable