Recent Topics

Ads

Faction Imbalance

Let's talk about... everything else
CyunUnderis

Re: Faction Imbalance

Post#131 » Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:40 pm

Ninjagon wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:12 pm - You do not play Order much, right? Because that way you would know, that you will be pulled cca 50x during one session night, and there is nothing you can do against, except stay on range (which is no option for melee characters). It is frankly a pity if you do not know that, mister CyunUnderis.
- And if you state, that "Everybody can survive during a blob fight", then I am sorry, but no argument can help you.

- If Gtdc gives immunity, then I was wrong with that. But if it does, then the immunity is not working properly. I was double-pulled from 2 different choppas during like 3-5 seconds (this happened in Lost Temple of Isha scenario). Point is that it can (and will) happen again.

- You cannot block/parry/dodge while in the air! The video posted is somehow buggy and the game probably calculated, that the defending marauder (Theoddone) was still standing on the edge of a cliff.

Maybe it is you CyunUnderis, Phantasm, Acidic, Detangler, and off course my favorite Asderas27 from TUP, that you need a bit deeper understanding of the game mechanics.

/wave
Provides videos of everything you talked about (Gtdc bugged, no defensive stats during fly time, RvR during zerg), then we can talk.

Ads
Akalukz

Post#132 » Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:43 pm

Ninjagon wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:12 pm
CyunUnderis wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:56 pm Everybody can survive during a blob fight. You need to communicate with your parties/WB, not engage when your defensive tool are on CD and position yourself so that you can't get pulled. Sure, this is not simple, but everyone can learn this. This is not like this game is new and the player base is only filled by new players.

You come from an experienced guild, full of experienced players, who have been playing the game for a long time. However, you still do not seem to have mastered certain concepts and it is frankly a pity.
- You do not play Order much, right? Because that way you would know, that you will be pulled cca 50x during one session night, and there is nothing you can do against, except stay on range (which is no option for melee characters). It is frankly a pity if you do not know that, mister CyunUnderis.
- And if you state, that "Everybody can survive during a blob fight", then I am sorry, but no argument can help you.

/wave
Just to respond to this. Mara pull is definitely defendable. It can be parried and blocked. Not saying it is perfect, but it is a defensible skill.
-= Agony =-

wonshot

Post#133 » Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:11 pm

Ninjagon wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:12 pm - If Gtdc gives immunity, then I was wrong with that. But if it does, then the immunity is not working properly. I was double-pulled from 2 different choppas during like 3-5 seconds (this happened in Lost Temple of Isha scenario). Point is that it can (and will) happen again.
There is not really an "if" the abilities behave as they are coded, are there any cases of them missbehaving in a big drastic way as you say 50times per play session then surely more than just you would ride this campaign of justice or it would be more of a topic. Instead right now, you claim it happends 50times per event night but unable to provide proof it it. And with a posting history where you come off both very uninformed and very one-realm biased it doesnt help your case if GTDC is actually sometimes ignoreing immunities or not providing them. Something i personally never once encountered while playing order, nor playing my rr 83 choppa.

Maybe you are confused about which abilities on destro are not actually providing an immunity, while doing a crowcontrol effect. Something only Destro have acces to:

MSH Outtamyway is a channel that speeds up the SH and pushes people to the side. Without providing knockback/pull/root immunity despite sending the enemy players airborn very breifly.
Zealot Winds of Insanity is a pulsing channel whice you might know from Order Chp22 CW.

What is common for these two abilities is that they would not fuction if they gave immunities as they pulse in waves. But you might mistake their displacement of your character, to be some sort of choppa pull? However destro have acces to these tools, and they can be used quite amazingly for interrupting, displaying and breaking momentum or formations. Especially as a MSH pushing the tanks away from a Fortress postern door letting a blockorc then come in and aoe punt to fully break a bodyblock.

But GTDC is most likely not double pulling you 50 times in an evening. And probably not even once tbh.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Rapzel

Post#134 » Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:38 am

- You do not play Order much, right? Because that way you would know, that you will be pulled cca 50x during one session night, and there is nothing you can do against, except stay on range (which is no option for melee characters). It is frankly a pity if you do not know that, mister CyunUnderis.
Think he plays enough, I have a similar experience and I mainly play order. Find it more difficult to survive on Destro melee due to the order ranged support.
- If Gtdc gives immunity, then I was wrong with that. But if it does, then the immunity is not working properly. I was double-pulled from 2 different choppas during like 3-5 seconds (this happened in Lost Temple of Isha scenario). Point is that it can (and will) happen again.
Where is the proof for this? We have never seen anyone provide proof with this dare I call it myth. If it is bugged of course it needs to be fixed but I have never in my Destro or Order career seen this happen, so please provide proof. If it happens to you so often this should be easy.
- You cannot block/parry/dodge while in the air! The video posted is somehow buggy and the game probably calculated, that the defending marauder (Theoddone) was still standing on the edge of a cliff.
This has been disproven several times you can defend attacks while in air, and GTDC is since years back affected by parry and block. "The video must be buggy" is that not a far reach?
Maybe it is you CyunUnderis, Phantasm, Acidic, Detangler, and off course my favorite Asderas27 from TUP, that you need a bit deeper understanding of the game mechanics.

/wave
Well they seem to have a fair amount of knowledge of the game mechanics which you seem to be lacking.

havartii

Post#135 » Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:30 am

I used to want a long penalty for switching sides. Let the communty decide, take away all restrictions,WE choose if the game is fun or not. Everyone is aware if the shortcommings of this game. It may be time to take some responsibility for how we decide to interact with this game. The Devs have worked their heart and souls to give us the oppertunity. It is up to us to make it a positive experiance.
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

normanis

Post#136 » Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:09 am

https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/11874
seems old bugs shine again
why enginer magnet dont work like that
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

normanis

Post#137 » Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:15 am

havartii wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:30 am I used to want a long penalty for switching sides. Let the communty decide, take away all restrictions,WE choose if the game is fun or not. Everyone is aware if the shortcommings of this game. It may be time to take some responsibility for how we decide to interact with this game. The Devs have worked their heart and souls to give us the oppertunity. It is up to us to make it a positive experiance.
its because ppl are against fixing bugs, and defend bugs like last drop of water in desert. and act as bad ppl. forum anyway after some forum devs/gms ppl left, forum become yellow gazzete. its easer close thread than look at forum problem overall. :(
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Kirss

Post#138 » Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:38 am

Vaul wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:23 pm
Earthcake wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:18 pm
Andamarine wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:49 pm Career Stats from ORvR webside (filters Area-RvR, Include solo kills, from week 4 to week 22, timezones All, RR All), everyone can go and check it:

White Lion 1304x , kills 188k , assists 619k, DMG% 15M, died 105k , KD(median) 0,50
Marauder: 1125x , kills 93 k , assists 486k, DMG% 8M, died 75k , KD(median) 0,21

Everyone can see how OP was Marauder in last 4,5 months. WL with more than twice better KD ratio and nearly twice dmg done had better stats only because everyone playing Mara does not know how to play him. :D On server where current primetime is 500 ppl online and majority of organized/good players switch to both sides.
And how many dead ppl due to mara crowd control versus white lion crowd control in those 4.5 months ?
Should we also judge healers/tanks by their KD ratio to see if they are doing well ?

Indeed. I made this website and Marauders KDA (ie kills + assists) is 3.17 vs 3.02 for WL. In RVR.

For Scenarios for picture is different though. Mara KDA 2.0 vs 2.93 for WL, however it equals out if you filter RR80+only. For ref KOTBS has best scenario KDA, 2nd is BG -> utility.
Sure no problem!

So 1 1 1 is all values calculated equally.

1 1 1/2 or 1 1 0.5 is 1 kill 1 death .5 assists because assists are considered common and don't really reflect "skill" so they are weighed at half for KDA. Just done that way in a lot of MM games.

Since you confirmed 1 1 1 I get the stats and can understand why marauder are so high now.

Ads
Ninjagon

Post#139 » Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:49 am

wonshot wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:11 pm
Ninjagon wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:12 pm - If Gtdc gives immunity, then I was wrong with that. But if it does, then the immunity is not working properly. I was double-pulled from 2 different choppas during like 3-5 seconds (this happened in Lost Temple of Isha scenario). Point is that it can (and will) happen again.
There is not really an "if" the abilities behave as they are coded, are there any cases of them missbehaving in a big drastic way as you say 50times per play session then surely more than just you would ride this campaign of justice or it would be more of a topic. Instead right now, you claim it happends 50times per event night but unable to provide proof it it. And with a posting history where you come off both very uninformed and very one-realm biased it doesnt help your case if GTDC is actually sometimes ignoreing immunities or not providing them. Something i personally never once encountered while playing order, nor playing my rr 83 choppa.

Maybe you are confused about which abilities on destro are not actually providing an immunity, while doing a crowcontrol effect. Something only Destro have acces to:

MSH Outtamyway is a channel that speeds up the SH and pushes people to the side. Without providing knockback/pull/root immunity despite sending the enemy players airborn very breifly.
Zealot Winds of Insanity is a pulsing channel whice you might know from Order Chp22 CW.

What is common for these two abilities is that they would not fuction if they gave immunities as they pulse in waves. But you might mistake their displacement of your character, to be some sort of choppa pull? However destro have acces to these tools, and they can be used quite amazingly for interrupting, displaying and breaking momentum or formations. Especially as a MSH pushing the tanks away from a Fortress postern door letting a blockorc then come in and aoe punt to fully break a bodyblock.

But GTDC is most likely not double pulling you 50 times in an evening. And probably not even once tbh.
No, you misunderstood my post. The double choppa pulls happened (to me) only rarely. Most certainly not on daily basic. Therefore it is difficult to make a record of it - it is unpredictable and I am usually not streaming. But that doesn't mean I'm a liar. It was not squig or zealot. I was pulled inside twice, not punted away.

"50x pulls per play session" was related to normal GtdC pulls. And let me say that again - there is nothing "normal" with that damn random skill!

Imagine a big all eating mouth. That mouth is representing as destruction melee blob, which is eating incomming (flying) one bite after another.
How does it looks like, normal fight or ridiculous one? Deside honestly, please!
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

Ninjagon

Post#140 » Mon Jul 03, 2023 12:04 pm

Posted by wonshot, 08 Jul 2020, 02:04:

"Choppa pull, will allow you to stay in yellow or red, the pull is undefendable and while players are Airborn (punted, pulled, or jumping) they cant defend attacks. Making a wierd way of giving your teammembers undefendable attacks on the pulled targets too."

link:
viewtopic.php?p=425714&hilit=while+airborn#p425714

I smell something rotten there, guys.
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler: