Recent Topics

Ads

Best Classes to lead Warbands with

Let's talk about... everything else
bw10

Best Classes to lead Warbands with

Post#1 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:25 pm

for me its obviously marauder, choppa and slayer, maybe wl?

Ads
wonshot

Re: Best Classes to lead Warbands with

Post#2 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:42 pm

I personally liked,

Destro:
Mara for the set-up and countering with aoe knockdown and frontal interrupt against slayer/wl/bw channels.
Choppa for coordinating Chopfaster for each group and knowing when to have big raid healing from Shammy, plus buffremoval spam from tanks without cd.
Blackguard for super punting enemy warband Mainassist away and spearheading with frontal snare.
MSH: Can use M2 to set-up, fairly tanky aoe dps, can function as aoe interrupter against slayer channels with Outtamyway, or as a Snowplow at postern fortress pushes.
Offmeta: Dps debuff zealot. M1 Talon on enemy warbandleader and spreading garenteed aoe armor debuffs/corp debuff which makes Jaggededge/msh corp dmg slightly stronger

Order:
Slayer for coordinating rage-drop into Rampage and/or Retribution channels
BW/WL for simple morale2 drops and slight control from interrupt/aoe silence
Offmeta: Control-engineer to knockdown frontline+ stagger cluster of backliners with control and calling for a burst-drop.

Dave ran wbs as a Rift magus. Some people lead from tank role, and some cases healers can warband lead but it requires the then assigned mainassist to be vocal and good synergy about when the leader will call for a fallback or a mountup.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Evilspinnre

Post#3 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:02 am

Mara for destro (tanky, kd, offensive morale)

SL for order (coordinate rampage drops, easyily track channels). WL works as well, just need a vocal slayer to call channel cds and rampages.
Evilspinnre - Nightmare/Daydream - Xrealmers Anonymous
80+ AM, WL, WP, BW, SL, SM, 50+ RP, SW, IB
80+ BG, Sorc, WE, Mara, Choppa, SH, 60+ Zeal, Shaman, Blork
https://www.youtube.com/user/EvilspinnrePvP
https://www.twitch.tv/evilspinnrepvp

taktaal

Post#4 » Sun Jul 16, 2023 2:02 pm

If you lead as a WL you need to know how to use pounce conservatively to not leave the slayers behind.

I don't play destro but I imagine melee SH must also work, they're just as tanky as maras.

bw10

Post#5 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:14 am

wonshot wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:42 pm I personally liked,

Destro:
Mara for the set-up and countering with aoe knockdown and frontal interrupt against slayer/wl/bw channels.
Choppa for coordinating Chopfaster for each group and knowing when to have big raid healing from Shammy, plus buffremoval spam from tanks without cd.
Blackguard for super punting enemy warband Mainassist away and spearheading with frontal snare.
MSH: Can use M2 to set-up, fairly tanky aoe dps, can function as aoe interrupter against slayer channels with Outtamyway, or as a Snowplow at postern fortress pushes.
Offmeta: Dps debuff zealot. M1 Talon on enemy warbandleader and spreading garenteed aoe armor debuffs/corp debuff which makes Jaggededge/msh corp dmg slightly stronger

Order:
Slayer for coordinating rage-drop into Rampage and/or Retribution channels
BW/WL for simple morale2 drops and slight control from interrupt/aoe silence
Offmeta: Control-engineer to knockdown frontline+ stagger cluster of backliners with control and calling for a burst-drop.

Dave ran wbs as a Rift magus. Some people lead from tank role, and some cases healers can warband lead but it requires the then assigned mainassist to be vocal and good synergy about when the leader will call for a fallback or a mountup.
thanks for the msh recommendation, would never think about it myself. looks like it could be especially fun with chop fasta

Ninjagon

Post#6 » Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:05 pm

taktaal wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 2:02 pm If you lead as a WL you need to know how to use pounce conservatively to not leave the slayers behind.

I don't play destro but I imagine melee SH must also work, they're just as tanky as maras.
Yes.
At some point, even the most self-control leader will jump away from the rest :mrgreen:
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

Xergon

Post#7 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:50 am

I find leading on a tank best option in RvR field, build as tanky as possible so even if focused u wont go down and that allows to keep cohesion and team together during hard pressure.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube