Recent Topics

Ads

The Ability System Rewrite and Provisional Patch Notes

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
geezereur

Re: The Ability System Rewrite & Provisional Patch Notes

Post#91 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:18 am

Nice I really look forward to the new balance changes that will come in the future.
Also people really need to learn to read and have patience.

Ads
Gladiolix

Post#92 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:32 am

Some of my chars are definately going to get shelved for a little while, while waiting for the proper balance patch, but all in all after 2 years of no meta shake-ups I'm really excited for this.
LEGION OF PERKELE
Shaman - Gladiolix (rr86)
Black Orc - Oomiestompa (rr85)
Squig Herder - Bluglog (rr85)
Choppa - Poliisi (rr84)

KoBS rr70+, BW rr70+, WP rr60+

dalen
Developer

Post#93 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:39 am

Omegus wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:13 am
DoK changes
- Curse of Khaine - Tactic reworked: Sanguinary Extension receives 50% heal debuff effect.
Please could a dev clarify how this works? I.e.

1) Does the tactic require the target to already be cursed like the other curse that SE applies?
2) How long does the heal debuff curse last for? Might be covered by...
3) Is this a new curse or does it modify the existing SE curse so it will do a DoT plus heal debuff for 15 seconds?
4) Incoming or outgoing heal debuff?
5) If it's a unique curse and not combined into the existing DoT, is the order of applying curses correct to ensure SE doesn't apply the heal debuff curse and then go "oh look, the target it cursed so here's the DoT curse too"?
6) Apologies to a certain someone on Discord who mentioned this to me, but have you taken into account that the DoK might end up with a spammable 50% heal debuff when Drowning in Blood is active? Even if SE needs the target to the cursed to apply the heal debuff, Fell Sacrifice (AOE curse DoT) makes this trivial to apply mass curses for 1 GCD and then SE (with Drowning in Blood or Chop Fasta) can be spammed.
It is 50% incoming heal debuff added to the dot effect. So yes, it requires the target to be cursed.

Sure with CD reducer it can be applied to several targets. But so can SW heal debuff all the time, without slotting a tactic and from range :)
Source Developer

insolenz

Post#94 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:42 am

reasonable way should be just revert all abilities to 1.4.8 at first, then making tweaks of the classes depending on meta, most of this changes are very questionable and nerfs without giving something are just biased.

Avernus

Post#95 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:48 am

dalen wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:39 am Sure with CD reducer it can be applied to several targets. But so can SW heal debuff all the time, without slotting a tactic and from range :)
Just like SH...I think you should compare DoK with WP instead of SW.

P.S. Fun fact, without range tactic SW HD debuff is 65 ft. Just like mara pull...or even GTDC if you want to hit something aside from guarded mdps.

Paladini

Post#96 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:50 am

ouch sad changes for EoV/Fdg... :evil:

While things like rampage and ID are never touched lol

Brakh

Post#97 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:54 am

I have assumption that OP may be slightly driven by recent WH Interbellum podcast. Competition is always nice.

Sofong

Post#98 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:16 pm

insolenz wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:42 am reasonable way should be just revert all abilities to 1.4.8 at first, then making tweaks of the classes depending on meta, most of this changes are very questionable and nerfs without giving something are just biased.
100% agree with this.

Ads
malmar

Post#99 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:27 pm

Who thinks that heal AM is overperforming and deserves nerf to EoV? Because AM standing still 80ft from enemy melee frontline and casting EoV is a dead healer.

Omegus

Post#100 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:20 pm

Please can we have some good warbands showing AM/Sha performance of triple HoTs and EoV/FOTG, e.g. the epeen scoreboards sorted by healing.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot