Recent Topics

Ads

The Ability System Rewrite and Provisional Patch Notes

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Bartibus

Re: The Ability System Rewrite & Provisional Patch Notes

Post#161 » Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:35 pm

I think the gtdc nerfs are a bit much. Nerfing both range and cooldown. Nerfing one of them would be fine, but this feels a bit forced. Especially the increase from 20 sec to 30 sec is a lot.

Ads
Alubert

Post#162 » Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:03 pm

Bartibus wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:35 pm I think the gtdc nerfs are a bit much. Nerfing both range and cooldown. Nerfing one of them would be fine, but this feels a bit forced. Especially the increase from 20 sec to 30 sec is a lot.
My main character is choppa.
I think the GTDC nerf is quite good.
Only thing I don't know is why in parallel slayer ID was not nerfed cd for example to 10 sec cd and cd on rampage to 1 min cd.
Hurub Chopa 80+ / Wybrany Chosen 80+ / Mroczniak BG 60+ / Alubercik BO 50+ / Doczek DoK 80+ / Hurubek Zeal 80+ /
Misio Shaman 80+ / Maxra Mara 60+ / Alubertus RP 70+ / Alubert KTB 80+ / Mnich WP 60+ / Kregi SL 60+ / Uposledzonyjez IB 40+

Culexus

Post#163 » Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:06 pm

So GTDC gets nerfed but Rampage doesn't even get reverted back to live version.

You do see why people believe there's a dev Order bias right? This was the perfect time to revert rampage but it was just left as is.

That aside, congrats on finally approaching the finish line with the rework. It sounds like it was a huge task. Hopefully this leads to great things for the game in the future.
Last edited by Culexus on Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bigun - 85 Black Orc
Brian - 70+ Choppa
Taff - 70+ Warrior Priest
Karak Norn Veteran

Bartibus

Post#164 » Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:16 pm

The cd increase from 20 to 30 seconds isn't really 50% more cooldown. It's like >100% cooldown increase.

You do chop fasta, press gtdc, you don't get interrupted and channel for 6 seconds =>
Old Version: 9 seconds remaining
New version: 19 seconds remaining

That's why I think the nerf is a bit too much. Especially considering that Slayer is untouched and one of choppas main spells gets it's cd increased by more than 100% (in addition to the range nerf from 40 to 30 feet).

nebelwerfer

Post#165 » Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:36 pm

Bartibus wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:16 pm The cd increase from 20 to 30 seconds isn't really 50% more cooldown. It's like >100% cooldown increase.

You do chop fasta, press gtdc, you don't get interrupted and channel for 6 seconds =>
Old Version: 9 seconds remaining
New version: 19 seconds remaining

That's why I think the nerf is a bit too much. Especially considering that Slayer is untouched and one of choppas main spells gets it's cd increased by more than 100% (in addition to the range nerf from 40 to 30 feet).
Very valid point. The buffing and nerfing of abilities should be cautious and not several factors like range and cd at the same time. Thats what caused the ability to be imba in the first place.

onekiu

Post#166 » Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:14 pm

Thank you for the long anticipated update first and foremost, I love the decision for transparency and communication with the community <3 You've done an incredible amount of work already and I appreciate the energy you put into this project.

I implore you to not implement the new ability system like this but instead implement it together with a first balance patch so some classes don't get nerfed too bad from this reset and are **** for whatever time it would take you to release the actual balance patch.

ismetto

Post#167 » Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:40 pm

wildwindblows wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:16 am more nerfs for mara. Now morale drain is nerfed and no utility remained. Why no nerf for WH's morale drain then??
Just waiting new server...
WL
- Pulling the target :!:
- Jumping on the target :!:
- Knocking the target down :!:
- It has a defensive structure in Single Target and does good damage. :!:
- Having high damage with area effect, :!:
- Combat and effective escape by jumping :!:

Vs

Marauder - Delete gear, quit game. :?

Leaving AoE damage to Choppa, Slayer, BW, and Sorc. WL and Marauder also need to balance the single target.
Live Server Karak Azgal / Norn - Ismetto
RR8X Punisher (Da Magnog Killa)
Youtube

wildwindblows

Post#168 » Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:47 pm

ismetto wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:40 pm
wildwindblows wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:16 am more nerfs for mara. Now morale drain is nerfed and no utility remained. Why no nerf for WH's morale drain then??
WL

Vs

Leaving AoE damage to Choppa, Slayer, BW, and Sorc. WL and Marauder also need to balance the single target.
Indeed. However, dev's are insist to ruin mara and make it useless.

Ads
Sofong

Post#169 » Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:15 pm

WL

Vs

funny thing is they kite better than rdps, the kd is actually ranged, circle around wait for CDs, press 1234 bingo! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

wildwindblows

Post#170 » Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:09 pm

Sofong wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:15 pm
WL

Vs

funny thing is they kite better than rdps, the kd is actually ranged, circle around wait for CDs, press 1234 bingo! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
No worries. Mara wont be able to kill any class after the nerf. Same scenario is not valid for wh or wl. They both will remove any class in 3sec as always.