Recent Topics

Ads

The Ability System Rewrite and Provisional Patch Notes

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Hat

Re: The Ability System Rewrite & Provisional Patch Notes

Post#171 » Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:19 pm

Lmao.

Haven't played in years but I randomly check the site to see if they ever do ANY big balance passes (the server hasn't had any in like 2, 3 years?) like nerfing gtdc & rampage, buffing wl aoe, nerfing the absurdity of squigs etc. etc. but then I check today and I see this absolute disaster.

I kept shaking my head at most of this but seeing that loner no longer removes the cd on pounce just gave me a hearty chuckle. As if WL wasn't complete **** already. How i wish Azarael was still around....

Ads
nat3s

Post#172 » Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:04 pm

Didn't notice that GTDC was nerfed whilst Rampage was left untouched. That is odd given the current position of Slayers in the game. Difficult to square how such a decision could be reached... However pretty sure it's not due to dev bias / certain devs campaigning to keep Slayers so strong. Might be more that Destro is naturally more popular so you need to incentivise Order somehow and giving them the absolutely beastmode melee class may be one way to achieve that.

Would also add, for my preferred playstyle (solo roaming) both Slayer and Choppa are meh... Now those AM/Shams OTOH!

EDIT: If there were proven bias, with a competing server on the horizon, the team would do well to weed it out now before players cotton on and use it as an excuse to switch.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Everdin

Post#173 » Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:36 pm

Bartibus wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:16 pm The cd increase from 20 to 30 seconds isn't really 50% more cooldown. It's like >100% cooldown increase.

You do chop fasta, press gtdc, you don't get interrupted and channel for 6 seconds =>
Old Version: 9 seconds remaining
New version: 19 seconds remaining

That's why I think the nerf is a bit too much. Especially considering that Slayer is untouched and one of choppas main spells gets it's cd increased by more than 100% (in addition to the range nerf from 40 to 30 feet).
Always thought "most choppers don't use gtdc", this is at least what destro said often in the forum
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

SpacestarKid

Post#174 » Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:33 pm

We will be working on a more comprehensive class and archetype specific balance patch
First I would fix lion pets, who ignoring any control, collisions, height/wall physics, etc. After that I would remove WH armor opener. A day later I would fix Focused Mind morale - bring it to the state as the description says, or fix the description to its current state. Then it would be the right time to nerf Rampage duration to 10 sec, and give the same skill to choppas, AND remove gtdc from the game completely (to revive Rift Magus again).
That would be best balance patch ever.
Shogun, Zama, Mashka, Antifreeze, Alcotester

Bartibus

Post#175 » Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:38 pm

Everdin wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:36 pm
Bartibus wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:16 pm The cd increase from 20 to 30 seconds isn't really 50% more cooldown. It's like >100% cooldown increase.

You do chop fasta, press gtdc, you don't get interrupted and channel for 6 seconds =>
Old Version: 9 seconds remaining
New version: 19 seconds remaining

That's why I think the nerf is a bit too much. Especially considering that Slayer is untouched and one of choppas main spells gets it's cd increased by more than 100% (in addition to the range nerf from 40 to 30 feet).
Always thought "most choppers don't use gtdc", this is at least what destro said often in the forum
I don't know who says that. I don't say that. Choppa has gtdc, slayer has rampage + inevitable doom. I use it a lot for multiple reasons. I'm not saying that those nerfs are completely unjustified. But if you don't adjust Slayer either, it's just a very biased patch. Slayer is objectively the strongest dps in the game currently. The gtdc nerfs is just one part of increasing the gap between Slayer and Choppa in this patch. The "Bring it on/Retribution" changes also benefit Slayers.. you don't want to stand in front of the Slayer blob and face them 1:1. On destro side you win by positioning and cc, you don't want to have reflect dmg cause you don't want to get damaged at all by Slayers cause you would just die.
Last edited by Bartibus on Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RORquest

Post#176 » Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:26 pm

LOOOL that nerf to sh glad i stop playing. balance geniuses here

paperclipdog

Post#177 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 3:20 am

RORquest wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:26 pm LOOOL that nerf to sh glad i stop playing. balance geniuses here
"Ranged Squig too strong"
"Let's nerf mobility, utility and damage all at the same time!"

You don't enjoy sledgehammer balance?

Part of me isn't even surprised by magus/engi nerfs. Except for passive heal on pets which lions also got, they only got nerfs since I started playing here. Must be too strong in group settings.

Kenshiken

Post#178 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 3:28 am

I just hope that Dev Team would make balance changes frequently so game feels alive.

You don't even need to add new content, just flip some stats and people got exited already.
A lot of people doesn't want to play because latest balance change was 2 years ago and game feels stale and a lot slower gameplay with that GCD change also adds to that.

Anyway, thanks for all the hard work.

Ads
Bergbart

Post#179 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:14 am

Shake up the stale Meta .

thank you for your hard work i wish the System is working for .
as sw: revert Sw back how it was before rework and never do rework on him again
as Choppa: pls dont rework choppa see above, make the 2 h more interresting --> pent up rage standart mechanik ftw(Slayer to)
mmh lol dps Kotbs maybee mmhh
Engi life

but thanks

lumpi33

Post#180 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:16 am

- Festering Arrow - No longer undefendable when Vengeful.
- Fell the Weak - No longer deals spirit damage when Vengeful.

That were the only two things SWs had to actually hurt tanks.

RIP

How comes that you nerf all dps but leave tanks and healers pretty much untouched? Who will be able to kill them?

This is also a thorn in my eye:

- Right in Da Jibblies - Causes minor knockback effect yet again, without checking target immunity and without giving one itself.

Another interrupt/knockback that does not trigger immunity for destro? Why? BO Right in Da Jibblies + Zealots Wind vs 0 CC that does not trigger immunity on order side. You are adding "unique stuff" to the destro side without doing the same for order. As if they don't already have enough of that. Run away, Gork sez stop, gtdc, aoe knock down, auto detaunt tactic, ranged squig pets vs melee wl pets, tank m1 selfheal, wind, snare proc aura, more movement speed abilities, shield channel, SHs bubble remove, squigbeast, KABOOM!, shaman double hotting with strong toughness buff, come on now... Where are the order exclusives to compensate all that?

I've someone heared that you are trying to nerf kiting ranged but at the same time you nerf WLs pounce but leave the gits Run Away tactic untouched. Git kiting groups will reign supreme with their hots/dots on the move and escape abilities, nothing that can catch them while they speed around hotting/dotting on the move. How do you wanna stop shaman groups from getting away when they can heal each other, can have up to -65% damage reduction with detaunts and just run away. All while putting like 10 dots on you. And then there is the Gork sez Stop, snare puddle and aoe knock back on top of all that. You gotta be kidding. This Run Away tactic is far above everthing you can get on order side. Even with 45 renown point spent on quick escape you don't get something that is similar to Run Away which they get for free. It's even more powerful in LOTD where people have the damage debuff. Mind you. Shaman is the most played class.

Look at it as you want but people will stop playing with all that unfairness...

Doing a half live/ror version could really hurt the population. Your balance team doesn't seem to see that RoR is different. You can't keep op live abilities like Run Away as they are but don't give ranged dps back their 100% damage moral... just as an example.

We would be all better off if you would just roll back to 1.4.8 - everything and then start balancing from there. This half live/half RoR will not work. It will put the game in a very broken state for many month until everything is roughly balanced again. What do you want Engi mains to do in the meanwhile? Watch the game and having a beer?
Last edited by lumpi33 on Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:29 am, edited 14 times in total.