Recent Topics

Ads

Developer Update - 25 August 2023.

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Tesq

Re: Developer Update - 25 August 2023.

Post#21 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:09 pm

rvr focus (i hope it means Open rvr focus and NOT MORE INSTANCING FOCUS) and map editing; well this can go either good or bad we will see.... im happy tough that we get closer to map editing some of the worst map in games.

Ads
Jeliel80

Post#22 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:56 pm

Nice work, worrying about the 6v6 part though, balance should be based on warband play, not 6v6 or small scale.
So I look forward to proper big scale testing, as you promised.
Now any more missteps... and competition is behind the corner :D
http://www.seventhlegion.net/
Jeliel - RP 87
Jel - WP 84
Jelyel - DoK 85
Jelielino - Shaman 85
Jelie - Zealot 81
Jelielina - AM 81

Omegus

Post#23 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:42 am

JohnnyWayne wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:38 pm
githappens wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:50 pm
JohnnyWayne wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:13 pm What I'm missing are client improvments. Large scale battles are just painful and I need to restart my client regularly. A huge part of this seems to come from the combat log and its parsing, probably the Lua script engine or something. If a lot of aoe hits you, your client drops performance and this has a staggering effect based on session time. Another cause might be animations and a memory leak. They seem to cause vram tact ratio drops which seems to result in the clients stuttering.
Just use vinyui. It's well optimised and solves most of performance issues.
I dislike vinyui, looks really bad. More like gw2 and not a classic mmorpg. Too much clutter, bling bling and reorganization. I have my UI set up as I need it and I doubt that vinyui will do anything about these memory leaks. In its current state I can not bear to play oRvR in zergs.

In regards of no source code - did mythic encrypt the client files? Thats not uncommon for games but it also might be an old algorithm by now. Max probably knows that better than I.
The file formats of assets of the game (textures, Lua code for UI, meshes, etc) have been pretty much fully reverse engineered but that has nothing to do with the source code to war.exe.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

tvbrowntown
Suspended

Post#24 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:55 am

Any update on when we will have new blood in charge of balancing? Perhaps a rotating roster of chief balance managers so that balance patches are always done from different perspectives?

sharpblader

Post#25 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:56 am

City change is a smart design update!

Makes me interested to play it again.

#knightopinc

Dackjanielz

Post#26 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:36 am

So....Engie changes are designed to no longer have dependance on the turrets thus making them more agile.....

Does this mean casting on the move, extra range, the extra damage is being built into the engineers abilities?

However later in the video its explained that EOV and fury of the green was being removed because the new abilities system cannot handle "casting on the move" ....

githappens

Post#27 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:44 am

Dackjanielz wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:36 am However later in the video its explained that EOV and fury of the green was being removed because the new abilities system cannot handle "casting on the move" ....
It kinda sounds like "we're upgrading into inferior system".

Dackjanielz

Post#28 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:48 am

githappens wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:44 am
Dackjanielz wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:36 am However later in the video its explained that EOV and fury of the green was being removed because the new abilities system cannot handle "casting on the move" ....
It kinda sounds like "we're upgrading into inferior system".
Yeah despite the explanations it still feels vague lol.

I also still don't understand why 2h slayer is being nerfed when we only have 3 of those players in the entire game along with warrior priest losing snare but DOK gets to keep theirs all day?

Don't get it.

Maybe the snare removal is because of the "cast on move" thing - in which case are they getting something to compensate??

Ads
PeterMore

Post#29 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:13 am

This game is alive!!

Brakh

Post#30 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:13 am

Competition accelerates the progress. Good, good!