Recent Topics

Ads

Developer Update - 25 August 2023.

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Kpi

Re: Developer Update - 25 August 2023.

Post#31 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:14 am

Ty for the work :)
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

Ads
hordak774

Post#32 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:18 am

SO how about return damage moral stuck for rdps to improve and rise up their role in wb, becouse melee meta is upful and complete dominates over rdps setups. make melee aoe 9 targets max and keep 24 for rdps classes

Kaelang

Post#33 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:41 am

Updated main thread with the full information.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Gegga

Post#34 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:45 am

lumpi33 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:51 am I'd like to add some questions too. My main concerns about RoR these days:

1. Are you going to reduce the power and impact of premade warbands somehow?
We all know that due to group synergies and coordination they can become very strong, to the point they are basically unkillable for casual players, leading to situations where they farm them for hours without dying at all, pushing players back into their warcamps and keeps without a real chance to fight back. This ends in people logging off, avoiding orvr, switching to the other side, PvD, etc. Nothing good for a fun environment. In my opinion a survivability and or warband group size nerf would be helping here for the overall fun of all players. Here is an example of how strong premades are killing the game play for the other side: https://ibb.co/F0sCy4X (Happens on both sides of course, this is just one example)

2. What is the role of rdps in your opinion?
They received lots of nerfs in the past. Stacking of channeled abilities was removed, 100% moral boost was removed, aoe damage was nerfed to fluff, etc. Due to this melee aoe stacking game play is the only competitve. They have all the advantages, like pulls, charge, medium armor, parry, unlimited stacking, large radius aoe, no ast times, aoe kd, etc. What are your plans to counter this melee blobbing meta? Rdps aoe was once the counter play for that but no longer is. There is also a huge power gap between magical rdps and physical rdps that have no good armor piercing tactics. The latter have to raise another attribute (weaponskill) with the same amount of stat points on gear. Any plans to resolve this? Im asking because what I can see is coming with the ability overhaul is doing exactly the opposite. Like nerfing the already weakest class out there (engis) even more. They have been waiting for years to get some love and now they receive a nerf? That makes no sense. Please explain.

3. What are your plans to make the game more friendly for casual and new players?
To prevent decreasing population we need new players because older players may eventually leave and then there is no replacement for them. Any plans to make solo, small scale, pug game play more friendly again? This is related to point 1. and 2. and also to the issue of some very dominant roaming classes like dps AM/shaman or WH/WE jumping everything that is trying to run solo or small scale. Another thing that is very punishing against pugs and casuals is that they are not allowed to finished the weekly scenario tasks without joining the normal scenarios and getting into the meat grinder of farming groups. Any plans to change that?

Thanks for reading!

Cheers
you in bene?
Samson Biceps, famous egg.
Not toxic.

Lion1986

Post#35 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:51 am

The current state of the scenario queue system has its problems as I am sure everyone is aware.

Scenarios being created with weird archetype combinations and people being able to join games in unfair ways.

The main problem we have is that testing the scenario queue system is really not possible.
Maybe put a forced queue type based on archetypes: 2 healers 2 tanks and 2 dps. No more mass melee dps in scenarios.

bw10

Post#36 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:33 pm

>cleaver m2 removed from wl because it lacked unique icon and graphic effect
>cast on the move abilities gone because we dont know how to code them in new ability system
this is not concerning at all

Lion1986

Post#37 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:43 pm

bw10 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:33 pm >cleaver m2 removed from wl because it lacked unique icon and graphic effect
>cast on the move abilities gone because we dont know how to code them in new ability system
this is not concerning at all
basically going against what they said about Magus and Engi. "Making them more mobile",. right?

Nefarian78

Post#38 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:20 pm

I am going to be blunt, the balance changes mentioned in the video betray a lack of understanding of how metas form, why (and how) people play certain classes, how to identify problems within all those mentioned categories and, honestly, a dubious balance philosophy at best.

I'll try to keep it as brief as possible and touch on the main "pain points" I gathered from the video.

Black Orcs do not need a single target punt nor do Swordmasters. Especially Swordmasters. None of the tanks need to become more homogenized either because the draw of this game for many is the uniqueness and differences each class has in every pairing. Don't make this game into some weird WoW-ish game, please as I am fairly confident that everybody here wants to play WAR not WoW.

Secondly, I am going to assume this change's driving factor is mainly due to the pitiful state Black Orcs have been in for years now, especially for organized smallscale. A ST punt isn't going to magically make the class viable, the problem with Black Orc isn't a lack of ST punt, it's a lack of everything. The only features that come up when looking at BOs are a RNG ini/wound steal from Da Biggest, half-decent physical damage and a WS buff for a single target. This is nothing compared to the offensive utility a Blackguard brings (which greatly overshadows the raw damage brought by a BO) nor the team-wide, idiot proof utilities brought by Chosen. The issues with BOs are further exacerbated by the fact that the class is effectively operational for only 66% of the time when You Wot?! (Another bandaid fix to the greater and misdiagnosed underlying problems within the class) is active, leaving the class even more dead in the water than it already is for 33% of the time.

Next, I wanted to briefly touch on Engineers and more specifically Magus. This perfectly highlights what I was talking about with dubious balance philosophy and misunderstanding on how to identify perceived problems presented by the playerbase.

Making engis/magus more mobile is directly contradictory to the core feature of the class, which is being a long range, tanky and stationary ranged dps. Not only that, it also doesn't solve the problem of those classes being less appealing compared to the other available options, especially when it comes to Magus with Choppas. Usually, when a magus complains about lack of mobility what they really mean is this;

"Why am I playing a Magus when Choppas can do more than I do but without any of the setup?"

The surface level problem is the mobility, the actual problem creating the thought process is another and it is mostly because of GTDC.

I am cautiously optimistic in regards to RoR's future with the new tools available to the dev team, however, in going forward I hope there is going to be a stronger focus in understanding from where perceived balance issues stem from and less taking every knee-jerk reaction or forum complaint at face value.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

Ads
Porw

Post#39 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:53 pm

Why don't to connect professional resources with PQ's, so this part of the game will be more necessary.

Lion1986

Post#40 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:07 pm

Nefarian78 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:20 pm I am going to be blunt, the balance changes mentioned in the video betray a lack of understanding of how metas form, why (and how) people play certain classes, how to identify problems within all those mentioned categories and, honestly, a dubious balance philosophy at best.

I'll try to keep it as brief as possible and touch on the main "pain points" I gathered from the video.

Black Orcs do not need a single target punt nor do Swordmasters. Especially Swordmasters. None of the tanks need to become more homogenized either because the draw of this game for many is the uniqueness and differences each class has in every pairing. Don't make this game into some weird WoW-ish game, please as I am fairly confident that everybody here wants to play WAR not WoW.

Secondly, I am going to assume this change's driving factor is mainly due to the pitiful state Black Orcs have been in for years now, especially for organized smallscale. A ST punt isn't going to magically make the class viable, the problem with Black Orc isn't a lack of ST punt, it's a lack of everything. The only features that come up when looking at BOs are a RNG ini/wound steal from Da Biggest, half-decent physical damage and a WS buff for a single target. This is nothing compared to the offensive utility a Blackguard brings (which greatly overshadows the raw damage brought by a BO) nor the team-wide, idiot proof utilities brought by Chosen. The issues with BOs are further exacerbated by the fact that the class is effectively operational for only 66% of the time when You Wot?! (Another bandaid fix to the greater and misdiagnosed underlying problems within the class) is active, leaving the class even more dead in the water than it already is for 33% of the time.

Next, I wanted to briefly touch on Engineers and more specifically Magus. This perfectly highlights what I was talking about with dubious balance philosophy and misunderstanding on how to identify perceived problems presented by the playerbase.

Making engis/magus more mobile is directly contradictory to the core feature of the class, which is being a long range, tanky and stationary ranged dps. Not only that, it also doesn't solve the problem of those classes being less appealing compared to the other available options, especially when it comes to Magus with Choppas. Usually, when a magus complains about lack of mobility what they really mean is this;

"Why am I playing a Magus when Choppas can do more than I do but without any of the setup?"

The surface level problem is the mobility, the actual problem creating the thought process is another and it is mostly because of GTDC.

I am cautiously optimistic in regards to RoR's future with the new tools available to the dev team, however, in going forward I hope there is going to be a stronger focus in understanding from where perceived balance issues stem from and less taking every knee-jerk reaction or forum complaint at face value.
i agree to the whole post+ i add to revamp pve. half content is basically unplayable or worthless doing.