Recent Topics

Ads

My fellow Dawi! A new brother falls in line with ye!

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
BartrekGornisson

My fellow Dawi! A new brother falls in line with ye!

Post#1 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:32 am

Greetings all! Bartrek here, good to meet you all!

If it's not obvious just yet, I'm a diehard Dwarf, heh. I've not really played any MMOs.. at all, so please go easy on me if I don't know the terminology or any of the essential knowledge. I'm a casual player that's just really enthusiastic about it all, because I love the Warhammer Fantasy universe (woah, surprise surprise). Got into it from DND, so the enthusiasm from that is definitely pouring over, hahaha.

I'm fairly certain I'll primarily be playing Ironbreaker and Slayer based on the brief bit of research I've done, but Runepriest is is a maybe! (I don't like ranged stuff, I ain't no wazzok). Like I said earlier, I'm a casual player when it comes to most games, and I've yet to get the vibe of the community yet, so I can't guarantee I'll participate in any group activities just yet. I'll still be happy to talk and interact, so don't hesitate to give me a wave if you see me!

Any beginner advice would be greatly appreciated, though! Like I said, I'm new to MMOs in general, so I've yet to really get the necessary knowledge for this stuff. I may give out discord info if I get to know you/the community better, I'm just very on edge with that stuff for personal reasons, I hope y'all can understand.

Excited to get to meet y'all, hope I can make some allies!

EDIT: I can't delete posts so I'll just say that this probably isn't going to work out. Keep getting booted from the server every 10 minutes and it makes it impossible to play. So, was a pleasure knowing y'all.
Last edited by BartrekGornisson on Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Cogsworth

Re: My fellow Dawi! A new brother falls in line with ye!

Post#2 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:49 am

Welcome, seek out Lesti or any of the Bitterstone Thunderers and they will show you all the best taverns and have a vast knowledge of the Dawi!

Albais

Post#3 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:59 am

Tromm fellow dawi!

Cogsworth has already recommended our regiment to you, so all I can add there is the following:

(1) As the name implies, we're a regiment of thunderers (exactly like the tabletop regiments of the same name, see the image below as reference), so we focus on forming gun lines and sending out sniper squads to attack our enemies from afar, which might not be what you're looking for given that you said that you don't like "ranged stuff". However, all dwarf classes are included in these "ranged" warbands: ironbreakers to guard us, runepriests to heal us, and slayers to use as bait ... ;)

https://zenartminipainting.blogspot.com ... erers.html

(2) We are also running "non-ranged" warbands from time to time, so in case you are still interested in joining the largest and oldest dwarf guild on the server, here's the link to our guild thread here on the forum which includes a link to our discord.

Regarding your question about beginners advice:

We have a great wiki with lots of good information about basic game play mechanics:

- Info on which classes are available on both sides and what they're about.
- Info about player vs player (PvP) combat in the open world (called RvR for Realm vs Realm in this game where 'realm' just stands for the factions, so Order and Destruction) and instanced PvP (scenarios)
- Info on where to get armor sets.
- There are two types of ranks in this game: your normal class rank (which you raise by getting normal experience from PvP and PvE = player vs environment meaning fighting against NPCs = non player characters by doing quests and running dungeons) and your renown rank (which is like a PvP specific extra rank).

There are many more helpful sites on the wiki, but those are I think a good start. Also, I can recommend these very informative new player introduction videos:

Click here to watch on YouTube

Last edited by Albais on Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Granur Loriksson Image Dvali Gembeard Image Skirvir Azrilgrund

Albais

Post#4 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:38 pm

EDIT: I can't delete posts so I'll just say that this probably isn't going to work out. Keep getting booted from the server every 10 minutes and it makes it impossible to play. So, was a pleasure knowing y'all.

I'm sure there is a way to fix this. The game is quite old and a bit janky, so these things can happen. I'd recommend joining the official Return of Reckoning Discord server, where people with a lot of technical knowledge on how to get the game working on modern setups will surely be able to help you.
Image Granur Loriksson Image Dvali Gembeard Image Skirvir Azrilgrund