Recent Topics

Ads

War crest gain too low

Let's talk about... everything else
joroth

Re: War crest gain too low

Post#21 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:01 am

Acidic wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:44 am Hi
As per title I believe that the current gain in war rests is too low.

This is taken from the viewpoint of warband oRVR as this is where I usually play.

this right here is what ive been saying for over a year. The game is advertised as this big Orvr warband pvp mmorpg, but that will actually net you the least rewards than any avenue of play. if you track crests/reknown per hour doing multiple activities you'll find that small-scale (3-6 man groups), SC spam. or solo play all will net sometimes way more to double the rewards per hour VS warband play. After playing this game for over 1500 hours the only time i interact with Warbands is either im already 80 and geared or just bored and wanna actually interact with people.on top of all this by avoiding warbands you can often avoid war torn apathy.

Really hope in the future this changes a bit. I do enjoy WB play i just think its not currently worth it if you need crests/rr
Eviljordy 80 dok
Thiccjordy 73 Witch Elf
Twitch.tv/eviljordy

Ads
Talladego

Post#22 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:06 am

Aethilmar wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:34 pm The pacing on crest gains seems to coincide pretty well with hitting RR80 atm. My latest character to get to full Sov (my WH) was able to get there at RR79 and I purchased every RvR set along the way i.e. no PVE at all.
I have the complete opposite experience but I suppose if you solo a lot and manage to actually kill stuff or if you are farming scenarios with a premade that may be true. When my Choppa reached rr80 I was still in Vanquisher and had nowhere near enough crests for Sov. Actually the only reason I finally could afford Sov was thanks to the rather generous compensation package after the server rollback. And of course by skipping Invader and unlocking wards through pve.

Fenris78

Post#23 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:55 am

joroth wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:01 am
Acidic wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:44 am Hi
As per title I believe that the current gain in war rests is too low.

This is taken from the viewpoint of warband oRVR as this is where I usually play.
this right here is what ive been saying for over a year. The game is advertised as this big Orvr warband pvp mmorpg, but that will actually net you the least rewards than any avenue of play. if you track crests/reknown per hour doing multiple activities you'll find that small-scale (3-6 man groups), SC spam. or solo play all will net sometimes way more to double the rewards per hour VS warband play. After playing this game for over 1500 hours the only time i interact with Warbands is either im already 80 and geared or just bored and wanna actually interact with people.on top of all this by avoiding warbands you can often avoid war torn apathy.

Really hope in the future this changes a bit. I do enjoy WB play i just think its not currently worth it if you need crests/rr
True there, I found out crest drop, as well as Renown gain, are shared between group members, and for wb only for the group which made the most damage on target.
This is not true for solo, where I just followed a warband one day, spamming AoE into a charge vs another blob, and earning mass crests (like 7-8 for 3-4 deathblows) and renown, solely for being alone and NOT sharing rewards with other groupmates.
It only took me couple of minutes of play, and rewarded me plenty generously for being solo sticking/leeching other big groups.

IMO, crest drop should be multiplied by group size (i.e. 2 ppl = normal drop, 3 ppl drop x1.5, 4 ppl drop x2, and so on up to x3 for a 6-men), to really encourage small groups, and not discourage solo play.

Then you make the same for WB, but you only apply total reward for a 6-men (i.e. x3 per kill), splitted as usual (most damaging group getting higher chance of drop). This way it will not especially favor making full wb or big blobs, and instead encourage playing with 6-12 men only.

Then you can still take into account AAO to increase or decrease drop chance.

Currently we running into issue like fighting into high negative AAO dropping like zero crests, even solo/small group, wich is a big issue when people dont like to zerg, and only seek for small fights. They are currently penalized by general behavior instead of being rewarded for NOT blobbing.
The random drop between group members is not appealing either ; when you can get lucky one day, you can find you not dropping anything while your buddies are taking every crest when you badly need them...

This leaves to another issue where small groups, not being rewarded for oRvR while everyone else is zerging, are doing PvE stuff or spam SCs, because currently reward model only favour those playstyles.

Alubert

Post#24 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:45 pm

What do you say?
The ability to acquire War Crests is now trivial.
Once the currency is unified, you can easily acquire them anywhere and in large quantities. With the new wards system you additionally save them for the sets you are interested in and the wards are acquired through pve.
Are the new generations really so impatient and would like to have everything at once?
Hurub Chopa 80+ / Wybrany Chosen 80+ / Mroczniak BG 60+ / Alubercik BO 50+ / Doczek DoK 80+ / Hurubek Zeal 80+ /
Misio Shaman 80+ / Maxra Mara 60+ / Alubertus RP 70+ / Alubert KTB 80+ / Mnich WP 60+ / Kregi SL 60+ / Uposledzonyjez IB 40+

Aethilmar

Post#25 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:49 pm

Talladego wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:06 am
Aethilmar wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:34 pm The pacing on crest gains seems to coincide pretty well with hitting RR80 atm. My latest character to get to full Sov (my WH) was able to get there at RR79 and I purchased every RvR set along the way i.e. no PVE at all.
I have the complete opposite experience but I suppose if you solo a lot and manage to actually kill stuff or if you are farming scenarios with a premade that may be true. When my Choppa reached rr80 I was still in Vanquisher and had nowhere near enough crests for Sov. Actually the only reason I finally could afford Sov was thanks to the rather generous compensation package after the server rollback. And of course by skipping Invader and unlocking wards through pve.
I mostly PUG SCs but I also run solo, so that may be the difference in our experiences. I have heard those who are in regular groups/warbands farm renown fairly quickly especially with the current meta of blob fighting.

I will admit my AOE Engineer is lagging a bit on crests for gear for his renown level. I also run him solo BUT not shockingly I bring him out for blob fights and toss fluff damage everywhere to soak up the renown. That (aoe vs single target) may also be the difference because even if you are also running solo on your Choppa, as a sub 70 mdps you will be doing lots of fluff damage and choppas are famous for AOE spam.

nat3s

Post#26 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:27 pm

One of the many by-products of crest PvD / zerg farming being most efficient in the lakes is a massive reduction in solo and small scale play. I used to be able to solo roam all evening and get loads of good fights. Nowadays everyone is slamming WB v WB farming crests. Eataine is the worst for it and used to be my fav zone.

Costs are sky high though, it's such a huge grind as to be off-putting.

And with rated pvp no longer popping, 10k for Victorious / Triumphant jewel is just mental.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Martok

Post#27 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:24 pm

Nameless wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:49 pmBut they need to go and occasionally win cities and do weeklies

Asking people to do stuff in order to gain crest? What do you think we are, gamers?
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Nameless

Post#28 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:29 pm

Martok wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:24 pm
Nameless wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:49 pmBut they need to go and occasionally win cities and do weeklies

Asking people to do stuff in order to gain crest? What do you think we are, gamers?
You could not do these but city win is a huge crests gain esp if you win bags. Even loosing it could net good amount of crests but being farmed at city is truly anticlimactic endgame experience
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Ads
Omegus

Post#29 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:47 pm

Alternative option: renown gain is too fast.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Repulsion

Post#30 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:11 pm

Omegus wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:47 pm Alternative option: renown gain is too fast.
...nah.
A decent player who's looking for a new PvP MMO (NOT someone who is a returning Warhammer Online veteran; that's someone who is practically a customer already) is absolutely NOT going to go through the gearing loop if renown/crest gain is low.
Such players want to be competitive and no matter how much the vanq->sov power gap has been shrinked it is still a perceptible power gap.

Sure, they can be boosted by joining an already established clique but this should not be a case for balancing game rewards just because 50rr->80rr can be done in 10 days with the proper setup/people.
From a WoW/GW2 PvP players' point of view (most of our audience outside of WAR veterans) the game STARTS at BiS.
Make that doubly so if you're playing DPS.
Why?
Because only then can it truly be competitive.

Couple that with the fact that BiS nowadays means at the very least close to 20.000 warcrests and I don't see a reason renown should be slower.
It will still not be enough even if renown was reduced by e.g 20% to hit that Sov/Tri by 80RR.
(At least as scenario/small scale player; I don't know nor do I care how crest gain is if you PvD-farm bags since I care about actual gameplay.)
Only thing you'll accomplish is LESS power/adaptability through renown specs and mastery points.

PS: Kudos to another poster for bringing up the inability to CUSTOMIZE and TRY gear combinations/alt sets - especially so with the absence of a max crest/rr PTR funserver. I want to try a gazillion things on like 10 alts... impossible.