Recent Topics

Ads

War crest gain too low

Let's talk about... everything else
Tyrex2017

Re: War crest gain too low

Post#31 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:19 am

Make War crest Bound to account - problem solved.

Ads
Derpy

Post#32 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:35 am

Tyrex2017 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:19 am Make War crest Bound to account - problem solved.
Or just get rid of the damn war crests completely. You already grind renown, so why the double grind with crests.

Acidic

Post#33 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:34 pm

Derpy wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:35 am
Tyrex2017 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:19 am Make War crest Bound to account - problem solved.
Or just get rid of the damn war crests completely. You already grind renown, so why the double grind with crests.
Agree, there is some logic to this, ensuring rr progression is as desired and removal of crest need on gear could simplify things as far as number of RNG aspects to the game mode balance.
Could look at it as RR entitles you to gear and remove the ability to salvage rr gear.

As wards includes pave gear maybe just remove wards from pvp gear and rely on rr and as pve is not crest driven keep wards requirements for pve and allow pve gear to be salvaged.

joroth

Post#34 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:43 pm

Omegus wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:47 pm Alternative option: renown gain is too fast.
i think its fair to say you can only play certain builds/"real" end game at the tri/invader level. As far as really being competitive. I think in modern-day its a bit much to ask new players to get slaughtered/farmed for at least 100 hours before they can me competitive. As someone who has 3 lvl 70+ chars Getting to this part is hardly "earning it" on top of that if you're a class who wants to theory craft/ mess around with different gear builds. crests are far far too slow.

I just think the current system is fun yet outdated. I would rather spend crests to unlock "wards" then have gear for gold lets say im 75 I can but the sov ward for 10k crests but now as say a DoK i can buy my dps/offense sov for gold. Nothing is really changing other than making the current system more player-friendly.
Eviljordy 80 dok
Thiccjordy 73 Witch Elf
Twitch.tv/eviljordy

cfabr

Post#35 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:51 pm

I'd be happy to buy crests for money at a 1:10 ratio (1gp =10crests). Atleast than, i'd have something to spend my money on.

Repulsion

Post#36 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:03 pm

As much as I believe the current acquisition rate of warcrests is suboptimal buying gear with gold is a tricky option to follow.

One of the clear advantages of gold not being terribly important in RoR is the fact that we don't have to deal with goldsellers and everything that comes with that.
Last edited by Repulsion on Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

BluIzLucky

Post#37 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:21 pm

cfabr wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:51 pm I'd be happy to buy crests for money at a 1:10 ratio (1gp =10crests). Atleast than, i'd have something to spend my money on.
Sure would love getting +4000 crests for a single 30 minute dungeon run :)
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Sulorie

Post#38 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:20 pm

Derpy wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:35 am
First we had to grind dedicated rvr currency, even if we dislike zerging. With city siege during off hours many people had no chance to join them.
Then you get the chance/option to play any content we wish to gather crests. Now this is wrong too. Does this even stop? :)
Dying is no option.

Ads
Martok

Post#39 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:27 pm

Every other Saturday Tothmonra airs live his official Return of Reckoning Podcast. His next episode will be broadcast on November 4th. He has an open invitation for guest and this topic would be both viable and interesting for an open discussion.

Make your voice heard!

Contact Tothmonra and sign up to be a guest live on his RoR Podcast. You can find him here:

https://www.twitch.tv/tothmonra
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Omegus

Post#40 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:14 pm

joroth wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:43 pm
Omegus wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:47 pm Alternative option: renown gain is too fast.
i think its fair to say you can only play certain builds/"real" end game at the tri/invader level. As far as really being competitive. I think in modern-day its a bit much to ask new players to get slaughtered/farmed for at least 100 hours before they can me competitive. As someone who has 3 lvl 70+ chars Getting to this part is hardly "earning it" on top of that if you're a class who wants to theory craft/ mess around with different gear builds. crests are far far too slow.
And to me, this says that the gear gap is the bigger issue to be solved (which I agree with) rather than adding shortcuts to get to the useful gear tier (Vanq+).
Zomega: RR8x Zealot