Recent Topics

Ads

remove surrender or add penalty

Let's talk about... everything else
Sulorie

Re: remove surrender or add penalty

Post#41 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:20 am

Nekkma wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:10 am Defenders of surrender act as if it only used against double premades and 4 vs 0 healers and similiar. That is not the case. Surrender is the end result of the vast majority of scenarios I participate in regardless if it is a total stomp weekend warfront or a "balanced" pugscenario.

If surrender was only used in the complete stomp situations it would not be a problem. As that is not the case and instead it is abused in pretty much all situations there is a problem.
You see surrender in SC where both sides have similar kill numbers? I see surrender when scores are similar but kills are one-sided.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Helwer

Post#42 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:25 am

Nekkma wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:10 am Defenders of surrender act as if it only used against double premades and 4 vs 0 healers and similiar. That is not the case. Surrender is the end result of the vast majority of scenarios I participate in regardless if it is a total stomp weekend warfront or a "balanced" pugscenario.

If surrender was only used in the complete stomp situations it would not be a problem. As that is not the case and instead it is abused in pretty much all situations there is a problem.
same nonsense like before. but you seem to know very well about all other players situations. just tell all how to play and have fun in ror and how to avoid playing 20 wekkend-sc with only 28 kills and one win. how many of them would you surrender? none i guess, cause you are imba and know how to play... man, people just read your comments before sending them. and please leave your dunning kruger out of the game.

Nekkma

Post#43 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:28 am

Sulorie wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:20 am

You see surrender in SC where both sides have similar kill numbers? I see surrender when scores are similar but kills are one-sided.
No, but I see surrender after 1 lost fight that actually could be winnable, or at the very least a hard fought loss, with a bit better focus and communication.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Nekkma

Post#44 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:37 am

Helwer wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:25 am

same nonsense like before. but you seem to know very well about all other players situations. just tell all how to play and have fun in ror and how to avoid playing 20 wekkend-sc with only 28 kills and one win. how many of them would you surrender? none i guess, cause you are imba and know how to play... man, people just read your comments before sending them. and please leave your dunning kruger out of the game.
You base your argument on anecdotal evidence just as I do. If you don't accept my anecdotal evidence please refrain from using yours.

I use surrender all the time as the current situation is that people just give up and don't even try at the least bit of resistance. Scenarios are now pretty terrible content (it used to be the bset content) and my analysis is that the surrender mechanic is at least partly to blame.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

mekal

Post#45 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:05 am

Helwer wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:23 am
mekal wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:40 pm
Helwer wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:30 pm no, did pug-sc on order for one week now again and it is even with 4 minutes till surrender a waste of time. no heals - 500:0 getting farmed and receive a penalty means no more sc for lots of players.
so form a group or quit wasting other peoples time that want to just have fun
That is exactly one attitude NOT helping the game. When i want to pug, i pug, when i want to quit 1 sc without heals getting stomped by 80 + premades, i want to quit without penalty. I don't form a group for 30 minutes ingame cause i don't find a group in that time. If you don't have to add something usefull, let it be. You think others don't want to have fun here? Stupid comments hell.
let me get this straight you run non discordant sc then surrender when youre up against premades or your group comp is lacking? this is 100% a you issue and you are part of the problem again sounds like you just want easy wins or just quit when things dont go your way only to do it again in the next sc

Helwer

Post#46 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:18 am

mekal wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:05 am
Helwer wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:23 am
mekal wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:40 pm

so form a group or quit wasting other peoples time that want to just have fun
That is exactly one attitude NOT helping the game. When i want to pug, i pug, when i want to quit 1 sc without heals getting stomped by 80 + premades, i want to quit without penalty. I don't form a group for 30 minutes ingame cause i don't find a group in that time. If you don't have to add something usefull, let it be. You think others don't want to have fun here? Stupid comments hell.
let me get this straight you run non discordant sc then surrender when youre up against premades or your group comp is lacking? this is 100% a you issue and you are part of the problem again sounds like you just want easy wins or just quit when things dont go your way only to do it again in the next sc
it is still the attitude not helping the game or new/returning players. i never started a surrender vote but am glad to have the opportunity when needed. why do you people always think you know one single thing about others? stupid.
so you want me to play only discordant sc when i am online a few hours per week? No Sc, no dungons, no weekend-sc, no weekly stuff, no progress. Lots of fun guaranteed. Sounds like you don't want me to play at all. Good idea for an MMO! No players around. Great stuff, must be superior mindset. Genius.

Helwer

Post#47 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:21 am

Nekkma wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:37 am
Helwer wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:25 am

You base your argument on anecdotal evidence just as I do. If you don't accept my anecdotal evidence please refrain from using yours.

I use surrender all the time as the current situation is that people just give up and don't even try at the least bit of resistance. Scenarios are now pretty terrible content (it used to be the bset content) and my analysis is that the surrender mechanic is at least partly to blame.
of course people can wait 15 minutes at spawn instead but i don't know how that improves game experience.

inoeth
Suspended

Post#48 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:58 am

don't worry, he doesn't know either, just random rant.

Ads
Helwer

Post#49 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:38 pm

of course. just asking myself what makes them mad. there was a post about low crest gain recently. so do some people really think it is the plan of those who vote to throw one sc after another to have fun and progress with 1 crest and little renown?

we had the math in that threat too. roughly 28 days of 4-minutes sc-throw playtime to afford ranked-ring replica or sov-gear - 56 days for both. no waiting, no wards, no weapons or gold for talis included, just 4-minutes surrender-sc. or hopigng to get 1 easy win within. 28 days. does that sound fun to you?

and you want penalty for that? or you want to go back to 15 mins so extend the needed time x3 or more worst case? almost half year ingame just loosing sc or maybe some lucky kills that could give you more than 100 points for 1 more crest. seems legit. remove crests at all and make sure no pug/casual will ever catch up gear? yeah this is the way to go for sure.

really don't get the point of you guys unless you want easy wins on your own and farm others longest time possible with organized premades 70+/bis. but accuse pugs and casuals they only want easy wins is kind of meh. you should know yourself. nothing is less fun than pugging nowadays.

at least i could finish one sov gear by pugging sc, cities and wbs mostly but that was before currency changes. today i understand every returning or new player leaving the game again. and that's not because of the game itself but some of the players giving no support, insulting each other and showing an attitude like they were highelves themself. laughable.

but enough now, without any statistics including interim results when surrender vote was started (kills & objectives) we are not really able to speak about that. for me in current state surrender is must have.

Martok

Post#50 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:15 pm

Edit.
Last edited by Martok on Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...