Recent Topics

Ads

[Black Guard] 2h pve bis gear? pre sov

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Throlla

[Black Guard] 2h pve bis gear? pre sov

Post#1 » Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:09 am

I have finally hit rr70 on my BG. I would really like to try 2h. I'm trying to save crests for sov. I did all pve stuff, sentinel, BL, beastlord, Has anyone tried different set constellations and can recommend something?

Ads
Nefarian78

Re: [Black Guard] 2h pve bis gear? pre sov

Post#2 » Sat Nov 04, 2023 1:17 pm

5 Bloodlord for wounds, str, 5% parry. Boost proc to help slightly in proccing Hastened Doom
3 Sentinel (Including Jewel) for more wounds and str.
2 genesis of either Warrior or Undying set, both work just be sure it's fragment and remnant.
Memory of Kalgalanos for Reactive proc as your weapon.
You have 1 free jewel slot. Slot a Gunbad Ruby or Amber. The 3pc genesis isn't worth the opportunity cost, but if you really must go 3pc genesis then go for 3% reduced armor pen from the Undying set.

I like running full wounds talis, but full toughness or a mix is also viable. Just don't bother with STR/WS talis, you don't have the raw stats needed to do any real damage nor the crit and any slayer looking at you funny will put you into cardiac arrest.

This is the pre-bis setup you should run on basically every 2h tank. Can be run as soon as you're 40 and you're not going to get anything better until you can slot whichever mix of sov/warlord/vic/triumphant you like
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

BluIzLucky

Post#3 » Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:09 pm

+1 to Nef, parry stacking is great on BG, but will say you can actually get a good amount of crit, 12% from 6p bloodlord with 6% from fortress 2H, 15% from tactic and some other crit bits, if you are going for Hastened Doom procs, though you definitely won't be a frontline tank, more of a 2nd line support.

Another alternative is 5-7p Vale-Walker, it now has parry bonus instead of block, ring can go in your 4th slot and it was probably BIS for WB play back when it had 1.7k armor debuff (which I think they said might return after ability rework).
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Tesq

Post#4 » Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:43 pm

you want try 2h for what type of play? rvr and sc/city build total different gear for 2h builds, sc/city go for an atrociusly offensive build, wb is just plain def + spam + bypass build unless you wanna be a paper 2h tank that cant perform it's job.

-anyway if you still have not warlord and off sov for wb build you gona need to mix vanq + sentinel and bb/be avoidance wepon, thats the base for a worth wb 2h build. (NB avoidance proc from vanq and 2h weapon dont stack but you want both for that build to be fine in rvr in that gear level). The mastery for this builds are mid and left mastery path; final gear for def 2h bg for wb is warlord + off sov ( best toughnes values + regen + best avoidance + best base strengh for debuffing purpose).

-bloodlord is usualy the base set for offensive build for sc/city. The usual masterys for these builds are left and right masterys path ( skipping mid mastery call to get parry from other source and you should). Final gear require set mixing like a Damage Dealer to get strenght wep skill and parry.

Throlla

Post#5 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:56 pm

Thank you for answer all.

@ Tesq - I will primarily play sc/skirmish/duo with a friend (hes a choppa).

When im hitting rr 78 - what would my bis gear be? (without ranked ring :p).

Thank you for help.

Nefarian78

Post#6 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:20 pm

Throlla wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:56 pm Thank you for answer all.

@ Tesq - I will primarily play sc/skirmish/duo with a friend (hes a choppa).

When im hitting rr 78 - what would my bis gear be? (without ranked ring :p).

Thank you for help.
5 warlord 3 victorious/triumphant is solid, the 4th piece with the ring isn't gamechanging but it certainly is a big help. This is a solid bruiser setup with a good mix of offense and defense, better used in scenarios. Fortress/Kalgalanos weapon, up to you. I use this when clowning around solo and I can easily kill people in a KD under the right circumstances, with a duo you should easily be able to carry all pug scs.

8 warlord is another great setup. You're *very* difficult to kill if you play around some regen and the detaunt proc, however don't expect much, if any, assist damage. Desolation enables you to easily take on 2v3, 2v4s if you both play your cards right. Best for roaming, but Warlord is the jack-of-all-trades set for tanks so you can run it anywhere, really.

bittrio

Post#7 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:10 pm

Nefarian78 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 1:17 pm 5 Bloodlord for wounds, str, 5% parry. Boost proc to help slightly in proccing Hastened Doom
3 Sentinel (Including Jewel) for more wounds and str.
2 genesis of either Warrior or Undying set, both work just be sure it's fragment and remnant.
Memory of Kalgalanos for Reactive proc as your weapon.
You have 1 free jewel slot. Slot a Gunbad Ruby or Amber. The 3pc genesis isn't worth the opportunity cost, but if you really must go 3pc genesis then go for 3% reduced armor pen from the Undying set.

I like running full wounds talis, but full toughness or a mix is also viable. Just don't bother with STR/WS talis, you don't have the raw stats needed to do any real damage nor the crit and any slayer looking at you funny will put you into cardiac arrest.

This is the pre-bis setup you should run on basically every 2h tank. Can be run as soon as you're 40 and you're not going to get anything better until you can slot whichever mix of sov/warlord/vic/triumphant you like
Full strength talismans is no good for 2h SC build?
78 Shaman
45 Chosen
40 Squig Herder
40 Bright Wizard

Digital dollars are free to create.

Nefarian78

Post#8 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:12 am

bittrio wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:10 pm Full strength talismans is no good for 2h SC build?
These aren't the days when Merc/Annhi was BiS, pure dps classes will kill you quicker than they would a choppa in red if you're wearing full str talis on a tank. 2 Str talis is the limit I have on 99% of my tank builds, more than that and you quickly become dead weight in the vast majority of cases.

Ads
nocturnalguest

Post#9 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:17 am

Nefarian78 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:12 am
bittrio wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:10 pm Full strength talismans is no good for 2h SC build?
These aren't the days when Merc/Annhi was BiS, pure dps classes will kill you quicker than they would a choppa in red if you're wearing full str talis on a tank. 2 Str talis is the limit I have on 99% of my tank builds, more than that and you quickly become dead weight in the vast majority of cases.
Literally came to the same conclusion for 6v6 too. Dont run anything but warlord or defensive 3/3/3 and would love to get triumph ring + gloves on rest of tanks not only on kotbs

Throlla

Post#10 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:35 pm

What about OF Sov mixed with warlord ?