Recent Topics

Ads

Bright Textures

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
manningus

Bright Textures

Post#1 » Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:02 am

Hi all,

during last 2 years i was running ROR on +- 50 laptops, mostly with in intel CPU and intel UHD or Iris XE integrated graphic and all the time without any problem/issue.

But with new laptops (12th gen intel CPU) situation changed and on all machines i have very very bright textures in some zones and game looks different. You can see on screenshot.

Anyone else have this issue ? or someone could help me, how to fix ? Thanks mng

https://1drv.ms/i/s!ArM37SzpgQIni5tzTfa ... Q?e=Y2EbJN(sorry i am not able to insert picture here)

Ads
xpander
Community Management

Re: Bright Textures

Post#2 » Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:58 pm

are you running the game with DXVK?
if so make a dxvk.conf file into the RoR root folder and add:

Code: Select all

d3d9.customVendorId = 1002
This will fake the game to thinking you are using AMD GPU and it takes the rendering path that doesnt have overly bright ground textures.

edit: i think intel newer drivers use DXVK for older dx9 games by default but im not sure.

basically this: https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/issue ... -620586161

it should be spoofed by default for WAR.exe and WAR-64.exe but not for WARTEST.exe and WARTEST-64.exe
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

manningus

Post#3 » Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:37 pm

OK understand, thank you for answer. I dont have that laptop right here and i will try tomorrow. But i am sure there some difference between 11th and 12th gen, beacuse i am copying the same "war folder" everytime and on older PCs it works.

Update from me: i was trying Reshade stuff (DX11 and DX12 versions) and colors / textures were normal..

xpander
Community Management

Post#4 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:19 am

It's most likely a intel gpu driver issue somehow then.

It was for their ARC GPUs but maybe its in their XE series also
https://www.gamingonlinux.com/2022/12/i ... 9-drivers/

edit: gathered some more info... yeah intel drivers use their own stripped down version of DXVK .
Default is 9on12 (which is another layer that translates dx9 to dx12). But haven't followed closely but i guess warhammer is either buggy on their 9on12 implementation or they stripped too much out of their DXVK fork if it uses that instead.

I suggest you trying with proper DXVK then if the reshade workaround isn't enough for you.

basically download:

https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/releases/tag/v2.3
tar.gz package from there
extract it
take the d3d9.dll from x32 folder and drop into your RoR root folder

if it doesnt launch then remove it and try older version of dxvk from that same link under releases. Not sure how new vulkan extensions are supported on intel drivers these days.
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Offical RoR Discord

My Linux Gaming Videos

manningus

Post#5 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:19 pm

Thank you so much for perfect explanation and manual "how to" :)

I tried before and i very surpriced, but it WORKS ! colors are normal and FPS much better, dunno why.

Working with lates 2.3 version, but interesting was, that if i put files in WAR folder, launcher didnt start. So i moved them out, launcher was working, i moved them in again while launcher was running and after it, smth changed and from this moment it works without issue.

Thanks a lot again o/

xpander
Community Management

Post#6 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:45 pm

manningus wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:19 pm
Working with lates 2.3 version, but interesting was, that if i put files in WAR folder, launcher didnt start. So i moved them out, launcher was working, i moved them in again while launcher was running and after it, smth changed and from this moment it works without issue.

Thanks a lot again o/
Ohh seems to be issue on windows for some people. You can fix that launcher issue by creating dxvk.conf file into the same RoR root folder with the contents:

Code: Select all

[RoRLauncher.exe]
d3d9.shaderModel = 1
This way launcher should work and game also without you having to move the dll's
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Offical RoR Discord

My Linux Gaming Videos

manningus

Post#7 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:21 am

Yeah this parameter works perfectly, its starting without problem, only problem now is, that my mouse cursor in game is missing :D i can mousover all menu, skills etc, but i dont see the cursor itself , i am cursed :D

Any ideas how to fix please ? (when i move those 4 files out of war folder) i see the cursor

xpander
Community Management

Post#8 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:16 am

4 files? you only need d3d9.dll and dxvk.conf
But honestly first time hearing about cursor not showing up. I think its another cursed Intel driver issue then.
Only thing i can think of is maybe trying game in windowed mode to see if the cursor shows up then.. but other than that i guess intel drivers missing some crucial support for dxvk.

edit: or maybe you have some reshade stuff in there somewhere that messes with it?
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Offical RoR Discord

My Linux Gaming Videos

Ads
manningus

Post#9 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:14 pm

Yeah i put all 4 files from x32 folder, but ok just one is really needed :)

OK after some testing, can confirm that in full screen mode or fullscreen (borderless) windows i dont have cursor. When i set game to any smaller window like 1680x1050 i see the cursor in game :o))

Dunno what to think about these new GPUs and their drivers...

EDIT:

OK with windows 11 22H2 everything works , when i upgrade to 22H3, cursor gone. Atleast on 12th gen intel CPU Iris XE graphic.

titoos

Post#10 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:29 pm

@manningus

Hi, for missing cursor issue please try below.
Open Control Panel > Open mouse settings > Go to Pointer Options tab > uncheck Display pointer trails under Visibility section
That worked for me.

Regards
Skarsick Sebix Mirabelka
Mieczyslav Scarsick Abhominus Theresquea Arhies Krystynka