Recent Topics

Ads

Xrealming has completely ruined this game

Let's talk about... everything else
Gegga

Re: Xrealming has completely ruined this game

Post#21 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:02 pm

Garamore wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:44 pm No wb swaps sides in night these days - primetime is much shorter and xrealm timer stops it from occurring.
yeah, probably just a better idea to join the winning side, the seem to know where the fights are.
Samson Biceps, famous egg.
Not toxic.

Ads
agemennon675

Post#22 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:45 pm

If anything guilds crossrealming to underdog side kept this game alive
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Repulsion

Post#23 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:19 pm

If some of the multi-faction guilds stop X-Realming the server would instantly become unplayable.
This is the truth.

Is it annoying and cheesy at times? Yes.
Is it being exploited with fortswapping etc? Also, yes.

But in general it's not done with malicious intent, they just want good fights and want to even out the numbers (and odds)

DonCarlos

Post#24 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:42 pm

Yaliskah wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:55 am Lets jump in the "hydra" of all reasons who are ruining the game. :)

No offense here but a terrible and cold observation.

This game has a very specific gameplay and is based on a single thing : It is player driven.

In this 2 faction game, if there are no opponent, if players behaviour goes in a direction -by personnal choice- the nature of the game itself change. And opponent has to adapt to it.

Some are here to win at any price, some are just looking for a nice figurine best slotted in their character lobby, some are looking for friends, and some other are looking for fame, and some other -i target no one- are still hoping to see the universe binding to their personnal will instead of questionning themself (grow up a little).

Some will argue : "Yes, but the game allows you to do this". Sure. Life allows you to jump into the void, but you don't :).

My point is that we are all making the game. You are the reason why sometime it is wonderfull, and why sometime it is stupid.

All causes of your complains and enjoyment are the result of player choices. Ror is just a huge sandbox with pretty simple rules (improveable ofc). But in the end of the day ? Do you want more rules ? Do you want less choices ? Do you want a narrow and constrained role ? Really ? :) I don't think so.

I imagine easily your reaction if in this game your choices were limited by strong imposed rules. This wouldn't be a game anymore. It would be a theater scene (note, we already have dramas, so probably a part of community would enjoy it).

We are all responsible for the quality of the game in this big sandbox; like in any games, or real life.
100% agree
This can't be repeated often enough: "...we are all making the game. You are the reason why sometime it is wonderfull, and why sometime it is stupid."

Rotgut

Post#25 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:51 pm

Yaliskah wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:55 am ...This game has a very specific gameplay and is based on a single thing : It is player driven...
We are all responsible for the quality of the game in this big sandbox; like in any games, or real life.
I agree with this, i just hope the Devs include themselves in the "we" part. Which they signaled that they will after the Ability Overhaul, i'm just not sure what they are thinking about when deciding which classes to buff and nerf.

Because the players tried. There is a WB Leaders Discord, some guilds - particularly the "most despised guild in the server" - have tried answering to calls against Faction Stacking, but its not an easy solution and it only goes so far. Saying it is "player driven" and then expect them to do all the work isn't good game design, when one faction is easier to execute than the other, it forces players to choose between fun and less fun. Its not even "different kinds of fun", Destro can deal with being outnumbered due to their mobility while Order only has the boring, and ineffective because the game is so old, tool of "sitting in a defensive position and hoping Destro is dumb enough to charge us".

Meta changes keep the game fresh too.

Uchoo

Post#26 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:00 pm

I agree that Destro is easier to play in large-scale, and also more fun generally speaking.

i would argue that Order in large-scale is a far more powerful faction played correctly, but there is a lot of knowledge and skill involved to make it work. This will further be the case following the Ability Rework.
"They're gonna die if we kill them" - Klev on strategy

RoR Memes
https://www.youtube.com/@UchooGaming
Check out my Twitter, I talk about RoR & Games
https://twitter.com/UchooGaming
The RoR Guide
https://shorturl.at/ouGH8

Rotgut

Post#27 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:21 pm

Uchoo what do you think about changing some spells around?

Chop Fasta back to Black Orcs - It will reduce the number Shammys from 4 to 2 - or at least make Destro have a cost by fielding less BGs if they want to keep more Chop Fastas up - thus indirectly nerfing its best WB Heal and excessive slow puddles which, imo, is a big reason (alongside pulls which i think they should keep as is) why Destro has such freedom of movement.

Give IBs the Zealot's "AoE Punt with no immunities" spell and give it a long CD - it will require skill, cuz IBs will have to know when to cast it so it counters Destro's Dmg Drops and not **** their own Slayer's channeling, and if the CD is long enough it will not nullify Destro's faster morale gain. The spell should still be on CD when they are ready to turn back with M3s if the first Dmg Drop wasn't enough.

Paxsanarion

Post#28 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:34 pm

Yaliskah wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:55 am Lets jump in the "hydra" of all reasons who are ruining the game. :)

No offense here but a terrible and cold observation.

This game has a very specific gameplay and is based on a single thing : It is player driven.

In this 2 faction game, if there are no opponent, if players behaviour goes in a direction -by personnal choice- the nature of the game itself change. And opponent has to adapt to it.

Some are here to win at any price, some are just looking for a nice figurine best slotted in their character lobby, some are looking for friends, and some other are looking for fame, and some other -i target no one- are still hoping to see the universe binding to their personnal will instead of questionning themself (grow up a little).

Some will argue : "Yes, but the game allows you to do this". Sure. Life allows you to jump into the void, but you don't :).

My point is that we are all making the game. You are the reason why sometime it is wonderfull, and why sometime it is stupid.

All causes of your complains and enjoyment are the result of player choices. Ror is just a huge sandbox with pretty simple rules (improveable ofc). But in the end of the day ? Do you want more rules ? Do you want less choices ? Do you want a narrow and constrained role ? Really ? :) I don't think so.

I imagine easily your reaction if in this game your choices were limited by strong imposed rules. This wouldn't be a game anymore. It would be a theater scene (note, we already have dramas, so probably a part of community would enjoy it).

100% Agree....well said

Ads
Dabbart

Post#29 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:38 pm

Yaliskah wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:55 am

Right. Cause the players are the ones that asked for the game to be left in a broken state for a year. Easily imagine our reactions? Imagination is not needed, just memory. There have been TONS of changes that fit your description over the years of RoR.

It's our fault that currency got merged. It's our fault that the campaign has no value anymore. It's our fault that scheduled cities flopped. It's our fault that pet classes were broken and then abandoned. It's our fault that PvE has long been a priority over PvP. It's out fault that solo DPS gives great RP, but solo healing is a waste of time. It's our fault power Lvlng your friends was destroyed.

Yall banned most of the hard-core players. Many of them for actions that are currently considered entirely acceptable. Many of them for legitimate reasons. The players that are left share similarities. But that's our fault....

How many **** staff have burned themselves out? C'mon. You guys have always prioritized what you wanted to work on. Not what we want you too.

The blame should be shared. We are all equally guilty. But at the end of the day, only one of our groups can do a **** thing about it. Other than, yknow, leave.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

AleXizzed

Post#30 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:08 pm

Xrealming is a double edged sword.
on one end. it's a pain in the ass and unfair when people swap sides to the winning one because of the free win.
on the other.
It's fair to join the losing side to keep them in the fight and keep the content going.