Recent Topics

Ads

Which role has the most impact on the game?

Let's talk about... everything else
Stinkyweed

Re: Which role has the most impact on the game?

Post#11 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:20 pm

Assuming all roles are filled by average players, a GOOD tank changes the entire battlefield.
Stinkyweed SH.86
Prowl WE.85
Blob Chop.82
Babaganoush Sham.7x
Negative Creep Z.5x
Motley Crue WH.5x
Scratch WL.3x

Don't fall asleep...don't fall asleep...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7uxesyQWo

Ads
diegomess

Post#12 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:03 am

healers in every scenario easy, they carry everything
Chosen Dahaka RR88
BO Zamedi 80

Caleb

Post#13 » Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:05 am

I don't know at least in the T1 and T2+ Scenarios I've found that Good DPS players are the ones that usualyl turn the tides.

And I mean good DPS who are built well and focus healers and squishies in the back - not the ones that chop at Black Orcs - sadly theres lots of non-thinking like that.

If a good White Lion joins a Scenario and a Tank guards them - they can pretty much carry.

mekal

Post#14 » Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:14 am

Caleb wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:05 am I don't know at least in the T1 and T2+ Scenarios I've found that Good DPS players are the ones that usualyl turn the tides.

And I mean good DPS who are built well and focus healers and squishies in the back - not the ones that chop at Black Orcs - sadly theres lots of non-thinking like that.

If a good White Lion joins a Scenario and a Tank guards them - they can pretty much carry.
and if a tank doesnt guard them they are insta dead

tanks are the backbone of organized groups without a question
in proper 6v6 vs equally skilled opponents fights can last 20 minutes without one kill but if tank messes up once its an instant steam roll

Caleb

Post#15 » Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:17 am

mekal wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:14 am and if a tank doesnt guard them they are insta dead

tanks are the backbone of organized groups without a question
in proper 6v6 vs equally skilled opponents fights can last 20 minutes without one kill but if tank messes up once its an instant steam roll
In organized I agree - but that's a whole different beast and also everyone actually knows what they are doing.

In Pug SCs that's far from the case, and while yes no Guard is guaranteed death - if there is a Tank on the team you will likely get a guard anyway as a MDPS, just putting Guard on someone is super easy ( even if people still fail at even that ) - but more advanced punts, interrupts etc. people sadly ignore.

Not having Guard on you is more like...not having a healer on your team - it's more of a comp / setup problem, rather than a question of impact.

As long as a DPS knows what they are doing and are guarded they'll have the most impact I think in a pug.

mielgato

Post#16 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:56 pm

I'll plus on DPS having the most impact.

Not to diminish Healer's or Tank's role, they are much needed for every group comps and it's more a team based game than the one man army sort.

But if you kill nothing, you achieve nothing either. And the dps is going to do most of the killing, supplemented by the tanks, and if they are kept alive, they'll do even more killing.

If your tanks know to punt to separate the guard from the target (instead of saving the target) it multiply even further the DPS efficiency.

And if both are doing their job, the healer is fairly safe and just have to keep up with it's buddy chasing fleeing geeses.

It's when you face equal pressure that good tanks and healers will shine. But most of the time, if your team has enough initial "Oumpf", you won.

Panzer80

Post#17 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:28 pm

Open RvR: Tank
Pug SC: Tank
6v6: Tank
Nihrandil [SM] 84, Arendollus [WL] 83, Caelroran [SW] 56, Thaler [WH] 82, Tionac [AM] 54, Hocke [Kotbs] 51
Gilgamash [BO] 82, Kaylor [Mara] 82, Gobsmack [Sham] 63 Jockitch [SH] 55

Scottx125

Post#18 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:36 am

As I said, all in specific circumstances. DPS in the right situation can obliterate an enemy before they even have a chance to threaten your team. Tanks in the right situation will be able to CC, guard swap or control a fight allowing DPS to deal the final blow or healers to recover the group. Healers in the right situation can cleanse, provide AP, counter a morale bomb or focus heal an important member preventing a wipe.

Every single class matters in the 2-2-2 format, some more than others depending on the situation.

If you change the question to what classes are wanted most... Then the whole argument flips on it's head. Very good DPS players are wanted because there are so many DPS that average/poor DPS just don't cut it. You can get away with being an average tank/healer because there are far fewer of them. However, strong tanks/healers are probably more desired for than DPS.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Ads