Recent Topics

Ads

Slayer Solo PvE

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Caleb

Slayer Solo PvE

Post#1 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:11 am

So I've read in a lot of places that Slayer isn't recommended to play Solo - and I know and get why on the grand scheme of things.

But for those who tried and experimented, can Slayer have a somewhat reliable Build for PvE Questing and PQ Farming without Tank/Healer that has decent sustain / defense to stay alive? Like not going into Red Mode - Healing - Parry or stacking toughness maybe?

I'm looking to level up another character that isn't a tank that has some more Oomph for killing monsters / npcs - Slayer fits the bill on the damage part but worried about staying alive. This would be mainly to Quest and explore the world - not for the goals of PvP / RvR ( though I'll use it for that too of course )

Alternatively would you recommend another class? For example can Engineers solo better, do turrets take away hate?

Ads
francomes

Re: Slayer Solo PvE

Post#2 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:18 pm

I dont know post-patch...but Slayers/Chopas are used as butcher/scavenger all the time cos they can mass aoe mobs so i dont see why you woudnt be able to pve with them.

If you dont want to aoe they do have a heal channel ability that for mobs its gonna be harder to stop so you can sustain with that...only problem is that is high up on the mastery tree.

Raymondo

Post#3 » Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:38 am

Based on my experience with Choppa in PvE, it is completely viable to do questing and world exploration with either of them. I've done a lot of it myself.

They have the damage and sustain with heal channel to kill most things fast or in a reasonable time without having a lot of downtime. You can multiple mobs fast with AoE, a few champions or a lord solo.
You just need to plan ahead if you are needing to fight multiple champions or a lord since those can do a lot of damage and choppa/SL being squishy doesnt make it any better. I suggest having armor/Str potions and heal/HoT potions available if you want to make it easier for yourself.

On a sidenote: After the patch, the PvE mobs have regained at least some of their abilities and seem to be much harder since most of what I have encountered have some form of CC. So you might need to slow down your pace a bit, but this needs to be tested.

nocturnalguest

Post#4 » Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:09 pm

Something along this https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... mt=1488&t= works somewhat fine (need 6 sov pieces). Below that it was very painful to solo stuff on SL (kinda much easier on choppa btw). Possible to an extent (nowhere near what proper solo pve classes can do) but very unpleasant experience in comparison to any other classes but sorc/bw.
Did grimnisher chest + st heal channel back then had an urge for some fashion hammer stuff, managed to do my things but was not cool exp. Havent tried anything postpatch

Also browse forum. This question has been answered in details numerous times

mekal

Post#5 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:32 pm

Caleb wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:11 am So I've read in a lot of places that Slayer isn't recommended to play Solo - and I know and get why on the grand scheme of things.?
/thread

bw10

Post#6 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:40 am

sl is awful at solo compared to other classes. funny how in lore they are THE solo career lol

Scottx125

Post#7 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 4:14 pm

francomes wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:18 pm I dont know post-patch...but Slayers/Chopas are used as butcher/scavenger all the time cos they can mass aoe mobs so i dont see why you woudnt be able to pve with them.

If you dont want to aoe they do have a heal channel ability that for mobs its gonna be harder to stop so you can sustain with that...only problem is that is high up on the mastery tree.
The fact that mobs can now do stuff like stun and punt makes this slightly more difficult on DPS. If you're gonna farm in PvE I would rec some sort of regen tank.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.